Beatmatch has announced 808 Grooves, a free Ableton Live project created using the sounds of Roland’s most iconic drum machine – the TR-808.
Mix, edit and build your own minimal techno grooves using 40 pre-recorded drum sequences or play around with 8 complete grooves with synth loops & basslines included in the download. Project files require Ableton Live version 8 or newer.
808 Grooves features
- 2 Ableton Live Project Files.
- 8 Groove Presets.
- 40 Audio Loops.
- WAV Format.
- Size 57 MB.
The pack is a free download at Beatmatch.info.
More information: Beatmatch / 808 Grooves
Roland has introduced CUBE-10GX, a compact guitar amp with customizable tones via a free App for iOS and Android.
Compact, affordable, and equipped with built-in effects, the CUBE-10GX is perfect for beginning players or any guitarist looking for a small amp for practice, jamming, and recording.
The CUBE-10GX also offers a unique sound customization feature, allowing users to swap out different COSM amp types with the free CUBE KIT app running on their smart phone or tablet.
The CUBE-10GX is equipped with 10 watts of power and a custom-designed 8-inch speaker. Roland’s superior CUBE construction standard provides sound quality and durability that far exceeds other amps in its class, with rigid cabinetry, heavy-duty corner protectors, and more.
- Compact 10-watt guitar amp with custom-designed 8-inch speaker.
- Three preset COSM amp types: Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Replace preset amps with custom COSM amps via the free CUBE KIT app for iOS and Android devices.
- Three onboard effects: chorus, delay, and reverb (including plate and spring reverb types).
- Bass, Middle, and Treble tone controls.
- Rec Out/Phones jack provides high-quality direct tones for quiet practice and recording.
- Aux In jack for jamming with an external music player.
More information: Roland / CUBE-10GX
Roland has introduced the SH-101 PLUG-OUT, a software synthesizer for the SYSTEM-1.
The SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer is a complete reproduction of the iconic SH-101 – right down to the fine details and odd quirks that make it one of the most popular classic synthesizers of all time.
Based on Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, it not only reproduces the SH-101’s legendary sounds, but faithfully recreates the very behavior of its analog circuitry – all with a level of authenticity that could only come from the company that created the original.
SH-101 PLUG OUT features
- Total authenticity through face-to-face consultation with the original designers and relentless research beyond the original schematics.
- Meticulously recreated oscillator and filter behavior – hallmarks of the SH-101 sound.
- Authentic behaviors including the unique interaction between low pass filter and envelope controls.
- Faithfully reproduces the unstable fluctuations that resulted from quirks in the SH-101’s circuitry.
- Classic SH-101 synth sounds – bass, lead, noise, and sound effects.
- Software layout features standard gray model, as well as red and blue models originally sold as limited editions.
- Two envelope sections allow different settings for VCF and VCA while maintaining the option of classic SH-101 envelope behavior.
- Reverb, chorus, delay and crusher effects that were not included in the original.
- Run as many instances as your computer can handle.
- Use SYSTEM-1 as a dedicated USB keyboard controller with lighted knobs and sliders that show only available parameters.
- PLUG-OUT with SYSTEM-1 lets you take an authentic SH-101 wherever you go, from mobile production to live performance.
- Transfer sounds between SYSTEM-1 and SH-101 with PLUG-OUT.
- Supports Macintosh and Windows, and AU and VSTi formats.
The SH-101 PLUG-OUT synthesizer will be available to SYSTEM-1 users on July 24th, 2014.
More information: Roland / SH-101 PLUG-OUT
Samplephonics has launched 45 Roland 626 & 707 Samples, a sample pack featuring a collection of drum machine samples.
Roll up, roll up! Gather round! Introducing to you ladies and gentleman.. from a time long ago but still fond in our memories, the Roland 626 & 707.
With a unique sound set combining the finest in 1980′s sample technology, the 626 & 707 drum machines offered the users a collection of delicious 12 bit samples recreating such classic drums as the kick drum, the snare drum and everyones favourite, the hi-hat!
But joking aside, these two beauties have found a home with an eclectic range of artists from Aphex Twin to Vangelis, Nine Inch Nails to Jimmy Edgar, Luke Vibert to Moby and so many more!
The sample pack is available for purchase for £5 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Samples From Mars has announced Drum Machine Samples, a free sample pack featuring 16 sounds from the Linndrum, TR-808, TR-909, Simmons & CR-78.
This is a free sampler of our more extensive libraries. Each vintage drum machine has been sampled through a nice selection of professional outboard gear, including API Preamp, SSL 4000 Console, Emu SP-1200 sampler, Otari MTR-12 Mastering reel to reel, and Apogee Conversion.
The punch of the drums is achieved through varying amounts of tape saturation (always on fresh tape), compression, gate, EQ, and filters.
Drum Machines Samples features
- 16 24 bit Wav Drum Samples.
- Sounds from: Linndrum, TR-808, TR-909, Simmons & CR-78.
- No need for additional mixing.
- Ample headroom if mixing is required.
The pack is a free download at Samples From Mars. The full Tape Drum Machine Samples pack is currently on sale for $48 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / Drum Machine Samples
Puremagnetik has launched Wicked Kits, a collection of 5 free drum kits for Ableton Live.
Wicked Kits includes 5 free Ableton Live Drum Kits optimized for Live 9 and programmed for real-time performance. It is packed with a number samples from classic drum machines, synths and vinyl.
The download is available from Puremagnetik.
More information: Puremagnetik / Wicked Kits
Samplephonics has released 58 Tube 909 Samples, a new title in its micro sample pack series.
This sample pack contains 58 24 Bit Wav 909 samples, with direct to disk (clean) options, as well as analogue tube options that have been recorded through a Thermionic Culture Vulture analogue distortion unit for a super fat, soft and fuzzy take on the classic 909 sound.
All samples have been ready formatted for EXS24, Kontakt, Reason NN-XT, Ableton Sampler, MOTU MachFive, Steinberg Halion and SFZ and are 100% royalty free and ready to download. The samples in this pack are a small collection taken from our flagship SP909 Rhythm Composer virtual instrument.
The pack is available for just £5 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics