, bit crusher
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, multi fx
, panning and spatial
Posted in news
on Aug 07, 2012
2CAudio has released B2, a spatial processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
B2 is a modular dual-engine, non-linear spatial processor featuring built-in harmonic distortion and flexible dynamics.
It is our most advanced plug-in to date and is capable of both mind-bending creative effects that defy classification as well as stunningly lush reverbs. Its modular design enables an almost infinite variety of sonic possibilities.
B2′s dual engine design augments its modularity by allowing both engines to have completely independent settings and be configured in a vast number of possible structures.
- Two identical and independent engines.
- Pervasive non-linearity and controlled randomness providing unique character and excitement.
- Non-linear distortion ranging from subtle saturation to extreme bit-crushing.
- Parallel as well as serial and hybrid configurations via Cascade.
- Modular design that gives limitless configurations and minimizes CPU usage.
- Extreme range in density ranging from a single delay to full white noise as well as complex & clustered IRs.
- Two dynamics modules providing Gating, Ducking, Auto Gain, and more.
- Well-designed and ergonomic GUI which organizes deep complexity into a simple and enjoyable workflow.
- Huge number of novel and unique Damping and EQ filter types.
- Complex and Extreme Stereo Modes.
- Advanced Conservation of Energy scheme that maintains RMS levels when editing presets.
- Comprehensive Factory Presets and Preset Browser.
- Engine Templates to facilitate preset design.
- Ability to load Breeze presets as Engine Presets.
- Dynamics sub-preset system that is distinct from engine presets to allow mix-and-match preset creation.
- 2x & 4x Oversampling.
- Double Precision 64bit DSP.
- Band-limited Interpolation.
- Proprietary Spectral Modulation.
- Variable Quality Modes.
- Extreme Off-line Render Modes.
- 64bit Host/OS Support on Windows (forthcoming on OSX).
- Optional global saturation and soft-limiting for added character and color.
The B2 plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199.95 USD until September 1st, 2012 (regular $249 USD).
More information: 2CAudio / B2 Spacial Processor
kiloHearts has released its Faturator effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Grit, oomph, fatness, raw, color, or just that certain something. Sometimes your sounds need a shovel of dirt. Faturator is standing ready to tear whatever you throw at it apart violently, and then gently (but firmly) put it back together fatter and rawer than ever.
Faturator can do everything from adding subtle and warm gritty character to your sounds to slam them into a wall of heavy saturation and digital fuzz. Contrary to many distortion effects, Faturator will preserve the dynamics of your sound and work its wonders on it regardless of input gain.
Turn your leads into screaming monsters, or add some extra fatness to your basses.
- Warm saturation.
- Fuzzy distortion.
- Sound coloring.
- Stereo widening.
- Dynamics preserving.
The Faturator plugin (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
More information: kiloHearts / Faturator
Terry West has updated the CS-12M Master Channel Strip VST effect plugin for Windows to version 1.69.
This version is a complete overhaul of previous versions. You can now choose between Serial or the new Parallel EQ filter flow (see manual for details).
The Tape saturation has a independed m/s editing now, Normal, Mid or Side mode. When use only the side can be helpfull to widing the stereo image.
Terry West’s CS-12M Master Channel Strip mastering processor effect for Windows.
CS-12M Master Channel Strip features
- New Gui design.
- Eq bypass.
- In-output gain.
- 12 graphic bands.
- 4-bands quick eq.
- 17 q-wide settings.
- Eq Mix (dry~wet).
- Punch & Body modes.
- NY comp. (soft/hard) + Motown eq + Solo.
- Magnetic tape saturator.
- 40K Aero enhancer.
- DeCard function.
- Side low stabilisator.
- Output Limiter + Peak/RMS + Link option.
- 12 bands Spectrum Analyser.
- Lopass/hipass filters.
- Monoize function.
- Clarity function (2 presets).
- EQ 12-10-8-6 dB switch.
- Invert output switch.
- Led in/output meters with peak leds.
- Peak indicators for bands.
- Input headroom leds (green/red).
- Digital clock.
- 22 presets.
Terry has also released version 1.1 of Sesam, a studio vocal gate effect. Download it here.
More information: Terry West
EGP Audio has announced the release of Top Ron, a general purpose distortion effect for adding grit and character to any kind of material.
EGP’s Top Ron tube distortion effect plug-in for Windows.
The dual-stage tube distortion effect features two modes of operation for subtle harmonic variation. A single timbre-control allows for quick yet radical sculpting of EQ when desired.
Use Top Ron to enhance beats and drumtracks, and add saturation to vocals, pads, bass, and more!
Top Ron for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 40 EUR / $49 USD. A free demo version with limited functionality is available at the EGP Audio website.
More information: EGP Audio / Top Ron
Xenium Audio has released X-Tube, a free tube amplifier effect plug-in for Windows.
X-Tube is a Microsoft Windows VST plugin that simulates tube amplifier saturation effect. VST plugin can be used in Microsoft Windows 32/64bit (XP SP2 or later, Windows 7) OS with any VST DAW.
Xenium’s X-Tube simulates a one stage 12AX7 tube amplifier.
- Type of vacuum tube for simulation – 12AX7.
- Mono, Stereo, Qudro and 5.1 audio track support.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Easy to use and operate.
- Zero latency processing.
- 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x oversampling mode.
- IIR-type 3 Band equalizer with ±12dB range.
- Separate adjustment of drive and bias.
- 12 Factory presets, 8 User presets.
X-Tube is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Xenium Audio / X-Tube
Sonimus has updated its Satson channel and buss effect plugins to version 1.2.
Sonimus Satson 1.2 comes with a new VU meter valistic.
Designed to emulate a console-based workflow (including metering, saturation, stereo crosstalk, and trim), Satson will help you mix faster and better.
Our Satson plugin features a carefully modeled and calibrated VU meter, high quality high-pass / low-pass filters, and analog console-like saturation (including stereo crosstalk).
Changes in Satson v1.2
- Several minor bug fixes.
- New VU Meter valistic: added 0VU=-20dBfs.
- Fixed problems with some hosts.
Satson for Windows and Mac (AU/VST) is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Sonimus / Satson