Variety Of Sound has introduced Thrillseeker XTC, a freeware exciter effect plugin, developed for the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
Thrillseeker XTC is a contemporary exciter build around a true parallel analog style equalizer design. Thrillseeker XTC is all about adding weight, vibe and attitude back to the sound. It delivers all the character of an analog signal path and provides what digital processing usually is hard pushed to, including a rich low-end experience and that vibrant ‘expensive’ top-end.
Thrillseeker XTC was made for musicians and engineers to pleasingly enhance audio during the mixing or mastering stage.
Thrillseeker XTC features
- Three parallel coupled equalizers containing three stateful saturators.
- Each based on a sophisticated non-linear and frequency dependent algorithm with memory.
- Pre-selected frequency ranges
- LOW band: 70-450Hz
- MID band: 0.8-5kHz
- AIR band: 3.2-18kHz
- Two flavors included with different internal gain-staging
- Black version to mix at rather conservative levels around -18dB RMS.
- Blue version to mix towards hotter target levels.
- Additional analog signal path idiosyncrasies modelled.
- Classic VU style metering as well as loudness unit measurements based on ITU-R BS.1770.
- Mix control for dry/wet mixing and output level control.
- Win32 / VST compatible plug-in with SSE2 assembler optimized signal path.
- Tested and known to work in many VST hosts as well as running jbridge wrapped in 64bit hosts.
The Thrillseeker XTC plugin for Windows (VST) is available from KVR Audio.
More information: Variety Of Sound / Thrillseeker XTC
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Sep 25, 2012
Native Instruments has announced the release of version 1.8 of its MASCHINE groove production studio software for Windows and Mac.
The free MASCHINE 1.8 update is now available. Workflow enhancements and new effects like TRANSIENT MASTER and time stretch add new flexibility to your MASCHINE projects.
And starting with MASCHINE 1.8, all MASCHINE owners also get the legendary MASSIVE for free, adding powerful synthesis to the premier groove production studio.
Changes in Maschine v1.8
- Time stretch and pitch shift capability: Stretch smoothly from one BPM to another, aided by the automatic BPM detection. Or stretch your audio to a specific length – to fit one sample to the same length as another, for example. What’s more, make your beats match harmonically, by tuning your samples with the pitch shift function.
- Transient Master: Dynamics and mixing effect fully integrated in the MASCHINE 1.8 software. Ideal for positioning drums and percussion, it lets you mix from front to back, giving each sample exactly the right amount of space.
- New Tube, Tape Saturator and Tube Saturator effects: Bring the secrets of analog warmth and natural, harmonic compression to MASCHINE, for even greater sound coloring potential.
- Host transport control: Running the MASCHINE software as a plug-in in your DAW*, use the transport buttons on the MASCHINE hardware to control transport in the host software. Important: Requires the latest version of the NI Controller Editor.
- New Browser sample preview mode: Easily scroll through the browser list and pre-hear samples without loading them.
- Revised select screen: Now includes individual note length and velocity editing.
- Auto-write pinning: Pin the Auto-Write button for improved automation recording – tweak with two hands!.
- New hardware shortcuts: Select and erase events quickly and easily.
- Panic button: Immediately cuts off all sound from MASCHINE.
- Improved missing sample handling: Now locates files per project – point the MASCHINE software to the location for one missing file, and it automatically resolves other related missing files.
- Sampler play position indicator: See the play marker in the sampler wave display – also shown in the hardware display.
- Save Group with samples: Now you have the option to save Group with samples.
The MASCHINE 1.8 update is now available from the Native Instruments Service Center. The software is compatible with all versions of MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO, including the new MK2 hardware. Registered MASCHINE users will get their free copy of MASSIVE by email.
More information: Native Instruments / MASCHINE
Voxengo has updated its VariSaturator audio effect plug-in designed to apply saturation and overdrive effects to audio material to version 1.10.
VariSaturator is an audio effect plug-in designed to apply saturation effects over audio material. It can be used both to boost the loudness of the audio tracks, and to apply subtle or strong harmonic coloration. VariSaturator features two saturation modules which are applied in sequence, in two-band mode each, and implements a wet/dry mix parameter thus offering a comprehensive control over saturation characteristic.
Voxengo’s VariSaturator injects character to your audio tracks.
Changes in VariSaturator v1.10
- Plug-in’s popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- The “Min Infrastructure” user interface display mode added.
- The “Flat Level Meters” level meter display mode added.
- Post-output gain “Sat” saturation switch added.
- Native 64-bit AudioUnit and VST support on Mac OS X added.
- Fixed user interface freezing on Mac OS X 10.8.
VariSaturator for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49.95 USD.
Through August 2012, a 15% discount is applied as part of Voxengo’s Summer Sale.
More information: Voxengo / VariSaturator
, bit crusher
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, multi fx
, panning and spatial
Posted in news
on Aug 07, 2012
2CAudio has released B2, a spatial processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
B2 is a modular dual-engine, non-linear spatial processor featuring built-in harmonic distortion and flexible dynamics.
It is our most advanced plug-in to date and is capable of both mind-bending creative effects that defy classification as well as stunningly lush reverbs. Its modular design enables an almost infinite variety of sonic possibilities.
B2′s dual engine design augments its modularity by allowing both engines to have completely independent settings and be configured in a vast number of possible structures.
- Two identical and independent engines.
- Pervasive non-linearity and controlled randomness providing unique character and excitement.
- Non-linear distortion ranging from subtle saturation to extreme bit-crushing.
- Parallel as well as serial and hybrid configurations via Cascade.
- Modular design that gives limitless configurations and minimizes CPU usage.
- Extreme range in density ranging from a single delay to full white noise as well as complex & clustered IRs.
- Two dynamics modules providing Gating, Ducking, Auto Gain, and more.
- Well-designed and ergonomic GUI which organizes deep complexity into a simple and enjoyable workflow.
- Huge number of novel and unique Damping and EQ filter types.
- Complex and Extreme Stereo Modes.
- Advanced Conservation of Energy scheme that maintains RMS levels when editing presets.
- Comprehensive Factory Presets and Preset Browser.
- Engine Templates to facilitate preset design.
- Ability to load Breeze presets as Engine Presets.
- Dynamics sub-preset system that is distinct from engine presets to allow mix-and-match preset creation.
- 2x & 4x Oversampling.
- Double Precision 64bit DSP.
- Band-limited Interpolation.
- Proprietary Spectral Modulation.
- Variable Quality Modes.
- Extreme Off-line Render Modes.
- 64bit Host/OS Support on Windows (forthcoming on OSX).
- Optional global saturation and soft-limiting for added character and color.
The B2 plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199.95 USD until September 1st, 2012 (regular $249 USD).
More information: 2CAudio / B2 Spacial Processor
kiloHearts has released its Faturator effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Grit, oomph, fatness, raw, color, or just that certain something. Sometimes your sounds need a shovel of dirt. Faturator is standing ready to tear whatever you throw at it apart violently, and then gently (but firmly) put it back together fatter and rawer than ever.
Faturator can do everything from adding subtle and warm gritty character to your sounds to slam them into a wall of heavy saturation and digital fuzz. Contrary to many distortion effects, Faturator will preserve the dynamics of your sound and work its wonders on it regardless of input gain.
Turn your leads into screaming monsters, or add some extra fatness to your basses.
- Warm saturation.
- Fuzzy distortion.
- Sound coloring.
- Stereo widening.
- Dynamics preserving.
The Faturator plugin (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
More information: kiloHearts / Faturator
Terry West has updated the CS-12M Master Channel Strip VST effect plugin for Windows to version 1.69.
This version is a complete overhaul of previous versions. You can now choose between Serial or the new Parallel EQ filter flow (see manual for details).
The Tape saturation has a independed m/s editing now, Normal, Mid or Side mode. When use only the side can be helpfull to widing the stereo image.
Terry West’s CS-12M Master Channel Strip mastering processor effect for Windows.
CS-12M Master Channel Strip features
- New Gui design.
- Eq bypass.
- In-output gain.
- 12 graphic bands.
- 4-bands quick eq.
- 17 q-wide settings.
- Eq Mix (dry~wet).
- Punch & Body modes.
- NY comp. (soft/hard) + Motown eq + Solo.
- Magnetic tape saturator.
- 40K Aero enhancer.
- DeCard function.
- Side low stabilisator.
- Output Limiter + Peak/RMS + Link option.
- 12 bands Spectrum Analyser.
- Lopass/hipass filters.
- Monoize function.
- Clarity function (2 presets).
- EQ 12-10-8-6 dB switch.
- Invert output switch.
- Led in/output meters with peak leds.
- Peak indicators for bands.
- Input headroom leds (green/red).
- Digital clock.
- 22 presets.
Terry has also released version 1.1 of Sesam, a studio vocal gate effect. Download it here.
More information: Terry West
EGP Audio has announced the release of Top Ron, a general purpose distortion effect for adding grit and character to any kind of material.
EGP’s Top Ron tube distortion effect plug-in for Windows.
The dual-stage tube distortion effect features two modes of operation for subtle harmonic variation. A single timbre-control allows for quick yet radical sculpting of EQ when desired.
Use Top Ron to enhance beats and drumtracks, and add saturation to vocals, pads, bass, and more!
Top Ron for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 40 EUR / $49 USD. A free demo version with limited functionality is available at the EGP Audio website.
More information: EGP Audio / Top Ron
Xenium Audio has released X-Tube, a free tube amplifier effect plug-in for Windows.
X-Tube is a Microsoft Windows VST plugin that simulates tube amplifier saturation effect. VST plugin can be used in Microsoft Windows 32/64bit (XP SP2 or later, Windows 7) OS with any VST DAW.
Xenium’s X-Tube simulates a one stage 12AX7 tube amplifier.
- Type of vacuum tube for simulation – 12AX7.
- Mono, Stereo, Qudro and 5.1 audio track support.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Easy to use and operate.
- Zero latency processing.
- 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x oversampling mode.
- IIR-type 3 Band equalizer with ±12dB range.
- Separate adjustment of drive and bias.
- 12 Factory presets, 8 User presets.
X-Tube is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Xenium Audio / X-Tube