n-Track Software has announced the release of n-Track Metronome, a free app for iOS.
Never miss a beat with the new sample accurate n-Track Metronome free app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Choose your tempo spinning the big metronome wheel or tapping with you finger.
Practice with your instrument by setting the metronome to any tempo and time signature you want to use, from classical music to rock rhythms.
n-Track Metronome features
- Extreme precision: higher than 1/40000 of a second.
- Turn visual mode on to make the wheel flash with the tempo, very useful when you play in noisy places.
- Activate background audio to leave the metronome on while you play wi th some other instrument app.
- Easily save and recall your settings with the touch of a button.
- You can even easily import and export your tempo tracks to n-Track Studio for iOS, Mac and Windows via iTunes file sharing.
- The app includes a quick tutorial explaining the main user interface elements.
Additional features available via in-app purchase:
- Automate tempo and time signature changes, program full songs or exer cise by automaticallyincreasing the tempo as time progresses.
- Enable vibration on the beat.
- Enable camera flash light to follow the tempo.
- Add a reverb effect to the metronome sound or boost the metronome vol ume with an integrated audio limiter effect.
More information: n-Track Software / n-Track Metronome
Acon Digital has announced the release of DeVerberate, a reverb reduction effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The balance between direct sound and reverberation is essential for the acoustic quality of audio recordings. We have now released DeVerberate, a new plug-in that can attenuate or boost the reverberation present in recorded material.
The novel real-time algorithm works well also with mono recordings and splits the incoming audio into an estimation of the direct sound and the reverberated sound which can then be recombined freely. The improvement process can be monitored visually using the spectral representations of the input and output signal as well as of the estimated reverberation.
- Separate adjustments of the direct sound and the reverberation levels.
- Manual adjustment of the decay time of the original reverberation.
- Frequency spectrum representation of the of the following signals:
- Input signal.
- Output signal.
- Estimated reverberation.
- Frequency emphasis filter for the the reduction level
- High and low shelving filters with variable slopes (-3 to -96 dB / octave).
- High and low peak filters with adjustable bandwidth (0.1 to 3.0 octaves).
- Graphical representation of frequency response.
- Editing of filter settings through handles in the frequency response curve.
DeVerberate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD.
More information: Acon Digital / DeVerberate
Zplane.development has announced the release of version 3.1.2 of its PPMulator cross-platform peak & loudness metering plug-in for digital audio workstations.
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
The plug-in is available in two versions: PPMulator+ and PPMulatorXL; the latter offers additional features such as EBU R128 loudness metering and batch audio file processing.
Changes in PPMulator v3.1.2
- Support for AAX Native (32/64 bit) on Windows and Mac.
- Support for ATSC/A85 (only PPMXL).
- Support for larger files (> 2GB).
- Improved resampling.
PPMulator for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/Standalone) is available to purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulater XL). The update is free for all registered users.
More information: Zplane / PPMulator
Toontrack has launched Mastering II EZmix Pack, a new mastering pack for the EZmix 2 software for Windows and Mac.
After the massive success of the Mastering EZmix Pack, Toontrack just released a second collection of settings completely devoted to mastering. Just like the first volume, Mastering II EZmix Pack was designed by Mats “Limpan” Lindfors, senior engineer at the leading mastering studio in Scandinavia, Cutting Room.
Equipped with an expanded selection of back-end effects to work with, he has crafted a comprehensive batch of one-click signal chains to complement the first pack. Mastering II EZmix Pack tackles new obstacles to overcome, new styles, genres and paints an overall broader scope to the EZmix Line and the content geared specifically towards mastering.
Mastering II EZmix Pack features
- Continues where the Mastering EZmix Pack left off.
- 50 custom-made signal chain presets.
- Content for different styles, genres and mastering needs.
- Designed by mastering engineer Mats “Limpan” Lindfors.
The EZmix Pack costs $49 USD / 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Mastering II EZmix Pack
Oscillicious has announced the release of version 1.4 of BeatCleaver, a major update to the beat slicer for Windows and Mac. New features include a state-of-the-art audio editing engine, automatic tempo detection, and slice-to-MIDI functionality.
BeatCleaver is a sampling audio editor for chopping beats, recordings, and songs. An intuitive design and fluid interface create a fast, frustration-free workflow for sampling and editing audio. With time-stretching and drag export just one click away, BeatCleaver makes music sampling easier than ever before.
The groundbreaking new RapidEdit™ audio engine takes an innovative new approach to audio editing for a more fluid editing experience. BeatCleaver can now apply and layer edits and effects with instant, tweakable results visualized by the waveform. The days of waiting for rendering and repeatedly undoing effects just to get them right are over – Even fades and normalization can be adjusted in real-time. Combined with the existing slicing and time-stretching capabilities of BeatCleaver, musicians now have a better tool than ever before for remixing drum loops and sampling music.
BeatCleaver 1.4 also introduces automatic tempo detection combined with an integrated time-stretching toolbar for quicker pitch and time adjustments. Musicians can also now export slice timing to a MIDI file as notes (groove extraction) and reconstruct beats later in a DAW.
Changes in BeatCleaver v1.4
- Audio Editing, using a new state-of-the-art engine for real-time audio editing and effects (watch the video).
- Automatic tempo (BPM) detection.
- Easier time-stretching controls.
- Slice-to-MIDI functionality.
BeatCleaver is available to purchase for $79 USD / 59 EUR / £54 GBP.
More information: Oscillicious / BeatCleaver
Sample Magic has announced version 1.1 of Magic AB, the reference tool that allows producers to switch between the audio they are mixing and up to nine reference tracks in an instant.
The 1.1 update offers a mix of new versions for updated sequencers, user-suggested workflow refinements and fixes.
With A/B referencing playing an essential part in the production, mixing and mastering process, Magic AB offers an infinitely faster, easier and more accurate method to compare multiple audio streams to those available in any DAW or audio editor.
A uniquely powerful utility to aid and speed the mixing and mastering process, Magic AB’s controls and ergonomically-designed GUI can be learned in two minutes, and will lead to a lifetime’s better mixes.
Changes in Magic AB v1.1
- Added – Pro Tools 11 support with 64-bit AAX plugin.
- Added – Logic X support with 64-bit AU plugin.
- Added – A-B stream selector buttons now work as a toggle button. Just click either A or B button to toggle between A and B stream.s
- Fixed – Sample rate conversion between audio files and DAW session now works on both Mac and PC (no more truncated audio files or unable to load messages).
Magic AB for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for RRP £24.90 GBP. The update is free to all registered users.
More information: Sample Magic / Magic AB
iZotope has announced RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
With the new RX 3, iZotope brings you the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market.
With cutting-edge tools like Dereverb and a real-time Dialogue Denoiser, plus enhanced workflows and a redesigned UI, RX 3 rescues troubled audio with unprecedented power and precision.
RX 3 features
- Work up to six times faster thanks to under-the-hood processing enhancements and a redesigned user interface.
- Remove or reduce reverb from vocals, instruments and more using the revolutionary Dereverb module in RX 3 Advanced.
- Clean up dialogue on the fly with RX 3 Advanced’s all-new Dialogue Denoiser—the new audio standard for real-time dialogue treatment.
- Use both your eyes and your ears to identify and fix problems within a spectral audio editor.
- Never lose an edit again with the unlimited Undo history, saved automatically with audio data into the new RX document format.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are scheduled for release in September, 2013.
More information: iZotope / RX 3
IK Multimedia has announced that its iKlip Stand desktop riser stand for iPad and iPad mini are now shipping.
iKlip Stand allows users to position their iPad above their gear on a tabletop or desktop surface, providing for optimum viewing and superior touchscreen access and ergonomics.
iKlip Stand’s ball-joint-equipped device holder supports both portrait and landscape mode, and can be rotated easily between them with a flick of the wrist. Both iKlip Stand models also come with a clamp that can be used in place of the base to secure the tablet to the edge of a desk or table. desktop riser stand is now available to purchase.
iKlip Stand features
- Desktop riser stand compatible with 2nd-, 3rd-, and 4th-generation iPads.
- iPad mini version available.
- Tall enough to fit any type of equipment underneath.
- Two independent articulations for maximum flexibility.
- Adjustable viewing angle.
- Quickly and easily switches between portrait and landscape orientation.
- Made of sturdy, robust thermoplastic with metal-reinforced base.
- Included tabletop clamp provides alternative mounting option.
- 360-degree rotation when used with the clamp base.
The iKlip Stand is available to purchase for $69.99 USD / 54.99 EUR (excluding taxes).
More information: IK Multimedia / iKlip Stand