Acon Digital has released version 1.1 of its DeVerberate, a plug-in that can attenuate or boost the reverberation present in recorded material.
Along with quality and user interface improvements, the new version also supports the AAX plug-in interface, thus allowing Acon Digital DeVerberate to be used in the AVID Pro Tools product family.
Changes in DeVerberate v1.1
- Improved reverb reduction with less artifacts.
- New spectral smoothing setting.
- AAX support (including AudioSuite).
- On / off toggles for the estimated dry and reverberation signals.
- Difference monitoring.
- Knobs with linear movement.
- OS X 10.6 support.
- Flat package format with certificate to avoid Gatekeeper alerts on Mac.
DeVerberate for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99.90 USD. The update is free for all DeVerberate customers.
More information: Acon Digital / DeVerberate
eaReckon has released version 1.1.0 of MIDI Polysher and Ferret 4×4, two freeware plug-ins that have been rebuilt from scratch and are now available as 32/64-bit plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
MIDI Polysher is a free VST plugin formerly designed as a MIDI filter for the early versions of BloXpander, EaReckon’s live-oriented host, which now features an integrated and full-featured MIDI filter, so BloXpander users do not really need MIDI Polysher anymore.
However, over the past few years, musicians have shown interest for this plug-in which can be used in other VST compatible DAWs. MIDI Polysher is a VST MIDI filter that offers the possibility to virtually split your master keyboard into multiple key and velocity zones. It also provides a transpose option, a MIDI channel filter and three global filters (CC, Pitch Bend and Aftertouch).
Ferret 4×4 has been designed to add more audio routing capabilities to BloXpander by taking advantage of its sidechaining and multi-output capabilities. However, it can be used in some other DAWs to create audio links between different channels/tracks.
Ferret 4×4 features four pairs of inputs and four pairs of outputs, each of them having its own adjustable level and pan parameters. The internal behavior of Ferret 4×4 is quite basic: inputs are mixed down and the resulting stereo signal is sent to outputs depending on user settings. This plug-in can be used to create extra “aux return” channels, mix down multiple signals to be sent to a single effect or a physical output, create headphone mixes, etc.
Both plug-ins are available to download free of charge.
More information: eaReckon
Avid has introduced the Eleven Rack Editor, providing owners of the Eleven Rack guitar system with a faster, more open workflow for creating and editing high-quality, inspiring guitar tones.
The no-cost application makes Eleven Rack software control available for Pro Tools 11 and third-party digital audio workstation solutions.
“As the cost associated with audiences’ rising expectations for sound quality continues to grow, artists and musicians need innovative and affordable solutions to deliver higher quality, inspiring music,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products and services at Avid. “The release of Eleven Rack Editor fulfills our customers’ request for a standalone software editor, and allows artists and music professionals to create high-quality, inspiring guitar tones with greater speed and efficiency.”
Eleven Rack Editor provides a powerful solution for creating world-class guitar tones, no matter what DAW users prefer.
Eleven Rack Editor features
- Facilitates Pro Tools 11 upgrade – Eleven Rack Editor replaces the software control window that was built into previous versions of Pro Tools, and makes it available as a standalone application. Eleven Rack owners can now upgrade to Pro Tools 11 and enjoy the powerful features, benefits, and 64-bit performance of the world’s most advanced digital audio workstation.
- Intuitive graphical interface – A simple graphical interface displays guitar pedals, amps, and speakers, offering a fast and intuitive way to adjust Eleven Rack settings from a Mac or Windows computer as an alternative to adjusting controls from the front of the Eleven Rack.
- Compatible with any DAW – The Eleven Rack Editor enhances software control for artists and music professionals, allowing them to operate Eleven Rack with any digital audio workstation and get complete control of their sound.
- Eleven Rack presets – Users can download and play thousands of Eleven Rack rig presets of premium guitar sounds from online portals such as http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/
Eleven Rack Editor for Windows and Mac (64-bit only) is available to download free of charge.
More information: Avid / Eleven Rack
Kemper Amps has announced RigManager, a software that allows to preview, tag and manage the thousands of rigs available for the Kemper Profiler.
Equipped with extensive sort and search features, RigManger helps to find the right tone in no time and allows the guitarist to concentrate on his performance.
RigManager also seamlessly integrates with RigExchange, a cloud storage system that thousands of Kemper Profiler users utilize to store their personal rigs and share them with the Kemper Profiler user community.
- RigManager Basics
- One single application for windows acts as a content hub for the Kemper Profiler.
- rigs from within the Profiler, the local hard drive, USB sticks, backups and RigExchange can be searched, previews and tagged in groups or individually.
- only one simple USB connection needed, RigManager talks directly with the Kemper Profiler.
- Completely backup the Kemper Profiler.
- Download and preview rigs from RigExchange. Currently nearly 4000 rigs from users available.
- Sort rigs on local hard drive in groups and folders.
- import rigs from third parties by drag and drop.
- Preview thousands of rigs by simply moving the cursor on screen, mark rigs as favorite rigs conveniently.
- Tag rigs individually and in groups. The better the tagging, the easier you find the rigs.
- Search for specific gain settings (“++++” searches for a gain around 4).
- Rate rigs with a simple 5 stars system directly on the Kemper Profiler. RigExchange utilises user ratings to display score of a rig. Only rigs you have previewed can be rated.
- Update your Kemper Profiler using RigManager.
- Mac version in 2014.
RigManager is free of charge and available during Q1 2014. A Mac version will be released later this year.
More information: Kemper Amps / RigManager
Accusonus and Plugin Alliance have a released a public beta its Drumatom standalone software microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings.
It is based on the patent pending Advanced Audio Analysis – A3 technology and is the result of many years of research and development work. At accusonus, we believe that it is time to take full advantage of the enormous processing power of computers today, with the goal of bringing the human drummer back into the picture.
With this novel software tool every sound engineer can now use compressors, EQs and creative effects in new ways with no limitations. In the hands of sound engineers, drumatom will make genuine drum recordings shine in the mix!
- Unique algorithm based on BSS and AI principles.
- Can detect and reduce leakage from kick, snare and tom tracks.
- Supports loading and batch processing of multiple track groups.
- Proprietary file format for storing and transferring sessions.
- Streamlined user interface for quick results.
- Available for OS X / Win (7, XP) – 64-bit systems only.
Drumaton for Windows and Mac costs $399 USD.
More information: Drumaton
Fabrizio Poce of June74 Software has released J74 Progressive, a toolset for chord progression making and harmonic editing in Ableton Live and Max for Live.
The Chord Progression Editor with chord progression matrix and arpeggio editor, Analyzer and Harmonizer tools.
While very well equipped for the actual performance, Ableton Live does not provide any specific harmonic editing capabilities: you cannot ask Live to suggest a chord, if your are building a progression or if you imported a clip you do not have a tool to find out which scale that clip is in. Actually you do not have any notion of chord or scale in your material while editing in Live MIDI editor.
The J74 Progressive toolset targets exactly these topics. Progressive is a sophisticated tool for harmonic editing. It is capable of producing high quality chord progressions and arpeggios directly as MIDI clips and provides tools for scale and chord detection as well as MIDI clip harmonization.
Progressive is available to purchase for $12 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 or higher, with Max for Live.
More information: Fabrizio Poce / J74 Progressive
Spektro Audio has introduced the CV Toolkit, a software application for sending CV signals.
CV Toolkit is a standalone application for both Mac and PC that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s module.
The 1.0 version ships with 13 virtual modules that offer different modulation options such as LFO, sequencer, envelope generators, etc.
You can route the output of any of any module to analog outputs, analyzers (LED / Oscilloscope) or even to the input of certain modules (S&H / Biased Switcher / Slew).
CV Toolkit features
- Standalone application – doesn’t require any additional software.
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Hands-on Experience – control all parameters from you iPad using the Lemur app (native OSC integration).
- Routing Matrix – route signals.
- ScanGraph – a new concept of modulation.
- Biased Switcher – let the program flip a coin and decide how it’s inputs will flow.
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer.
- MIDI In / Out.
- Works on both Mac and PC.
- 64-bit application.
- Clean and simple interface.
- Save and recall patches.
CV Toolkit is available to purchase for the introductory price of $14.99 USD (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit
Waves has launched WLM Plus Loudness Meter, a plugin that provides precision loudness measurement, metering, correction and adjustment tools for broadcast, movie trailers, games, packaged media and more.
Fully compliant with all current ITU, EBU and ATSC specifications, the WLM Plus offers comprehensive Momentary, Short Term, Long Term and True Peak readouts, as well as a unique warning and logging system that keeps track of your levels, alerting you when you’ve exceeded them – or fallen short.
WLM Plus also features Gain and Trim controls for correction of loudness levels and a True Peak Limiter, which save you the need to utilize additional equipment or software. Ideal for content creators, post production houses and cable head-end facilities, WLM Plus is an affordable, all-in-one cross-platform, multi-format loudness metering software solution.
WLM Plus Loudness Meter features
- ITU 1770-3, EBU and ATSC compliant.
- Foreground, dialog, and average loudness measurements.
- Momentary, Short Term and Long Term readouts.
- Gain and Trim controls for loudness normalization and correction.
- True Peak meter and True Peak limiter.
- Mono, stereo, and 5.0, 5.1 components.
WLM Plus Loudness Meter is available to purchase for $400 USD (Native) / $600 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / WLM Plus Loudness Meter