Related: analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, TC Electronic
Posted in news
on Nov 18, 2013
TC Electronic is offering a 75% discount on its LM2 native stereo loudness meter plug-in for a limited time.
That’s Right. Only $49 for the LM2 Plugin This Week!
If you produce audio for broadcast, it is absolutely essential to monitor your loudness levels. In fact, no matter what, you should always monitor your loudness levels.
The best loudness monitoring solution you can get your hands (and eyes) on is our Loudness Radar Meter – and this week you can get our LM2 native plug-in for just $49!
The LM2 plug-in is a stereo version of our Loudness Radar Meter that supports all the major native plug-in formats: AAX Native, RTAS, Audio Suite, AU and VST. To use LM2 you need an iLok 2.
The LM2 plug-in is available to purchase for $49 USD until November 24th, 2013 (regular $199 USD).
More information: TC Electronic / LM2
Acon Digital has released version 1.1.0 of its Restoration Suite, a collection of four plug-ins for audio restoration: DeNoise, DeHum, DeClick and DeClip.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite consists of four audio restoration and noise reduction plugins that are the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms.
Changes in Restoration Suite v1.1.0
- DeNoise now reduces broadband noise even more effectively. The center frequency, bandwidth and filter slope of the current band is displayed as cursor information when modifying filter band settings in the emphasis filter editor.
- DeHum can now process up to 96 harmonics and passes the Audio Unit validation on OS X Mavericks (v10.9).
- DeClip contains audio quality improvements and is better at reconstructing high frequency content.
- The plug-ins now show up as stereo plug-ins in Reaper when using Audio Units on OS X.
- DeHum now resets its internal state properly so that previous audio data don’t affect the output when the same instance of the plug-in is used for other audio material.
Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac costs $99.90 USD. The update is free for all Restoration Suite customers.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, a new plug-in that can be described as a “universal plug-ins patchbay”.
PatchWork can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently, and create many effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format. Despite the plug-in’s name, no wiring or cabling is required: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack’s matrix.
For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with the session or saved with presets.
- Configurable VST plug-ins rack: host up to 64 third party plug-ins or instruments in series or parallel.
- Available as an effect or virtual instrument.
- Build your own effects chains: up to 8 “pre” and “post” plug-ins slots to chain plug-ins in series.
- Parallel processing made easy: up to 8 parallel plug-ins chains.
- Host up to 8 virtual instruments in parallel and mix them within the plug-in.
- Global Dry/Wet control (“Mix”).
- Copy and paste plug-ins with their settings between slots.
- Recall complex processing setups and plug-ins layouts with one click and share them between your DAWs.
- Input and output levels monitoring.
- Plug-ins Latency compensation.
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Fully configurable user interface, with multiple sizes.
PatchWork is available to purchase at an introductory discount of 20% until December 31st, 2013. Existing Blue Cat Audio customers can purchase the plug-in with 40% discount.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
Advanced Waves has released version 1.2.0 of Track Align Pro, a VST plug-in for Mac allowing to time align an audio track to a reference one in real-time.
TAP processing is looking at each sample of the incoming audio signal and find its position in relation to the side-chain reference track exactly like any audio engineer would do by zooming inside the audio waveforms. But instead of just looking to the first samples or first audio transients to save time, TAP processes the input audio along the full length of the track in order to keep it always aligned.
Changes in Track Align Pro v1.2.0
- Steinberg Cubase 7.0.6 & Nuendo 6.0.6 official support.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks ready.
- Lastest detection engine refinements.
- Improved audio signal discrimination between similar and unrelated audio signals.
- New side-chain led red state when audio signal is unrelated to audio input.
- Fix wrong audio buffer at end of audio clips on silent or inactive audio track.
- Improved delay changes when audio track is silent or inactive.
- Graphical user interface code redesign for better performance.
- Fix initial graphical user interface state.
- Fix possible lock of graphical user interface.
- Fix – known issue – graphical user interface crash when closing a project.
- Latest iLok protection and activation.
Track Align Pro for Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 219 EUR. Requires iLok.
More information: Advanced Audiowaves
Quadelectra has launched CV Suite Parametrix, a Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason that lets you control any CV Input signal as if it was a parameter.
CV Suite Parametrix is the third “child” of our CV Suite Line series…
This is a simple straightforward and very handy device that will turn any CV Input in an automatable parameter.
CV Suite Parametrix features
- Four individual parameter to CV converters can be controlled per device.
- You can select whether each parameter will expand across bipolar or unipolar range…
- All parameters can be named by clicking to the label tapes next to the headings.
- An additional dedicated CV Modulation Input is provided per parameter, the range (trim knob) and the appliance of which you can set and automate too from the front panel.
The Rack Extension is available to purchase for 7.50 EUR.
More information: Quadelectra / CV Suite Parametrix
VB-Audio has announced the release of Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge, a virtual audio device made to manage high resolution audio streams.
Audio Applications using regular audio devices can now use ASIO Devices through the Hi-Fi Virtual Audio Cable and ASIO Bridge.
Like the VB-Cable, HiFi Cable is a virtual audio driver (MME, DX, WDM, KS, WASAPI) working as a “Virtual Audio Cable” to connect audio applications together. All incoming signals to the Cable input (Playback Device) go out to the Cable Output (Recording Device). But the HiFi Cable also works with the ASIO Bridge, allowing to route these virtual i/o into an ASIO Device.
Then ASIO Bridge enables every audio application, video game or whatever player, to take advantage of the ASIO device through their native Windows audio interface. It includes the possibility to read DVD with a Windows Player and spread the 6 or 8 outputs on your preferred professional audio device usually driven by ASIO Interface.
HiFi cable supports all sample rate from 8 kHz to 384 kHz, 16 or 24-bits resolution (bit perfect) and up to 8 channels.
The Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge for Windows is available as donationware.
More information: VB-Audio / Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge
HOFA Plugins has released version 2.0 of 4U ProjectTime, a project time measurement tool which now features a revised GUI design and logging functionality.
HOFA 4U ProjectTime starts the time measurement as soon as it gets loaded into a plug-in slot in your DAW (Cubase, Pro Tools, Studio One, Reaper …). The stopped time is saved with the closing of the project. The time measurement resumes by reopening this project.
4U ProjectTime features
- Shows the time which has passed during a DAW project.
- Time measurement in hours, minutes, seconds.
- Pause function.
- Write log to see when you worked on the project.
- Every log entry can be commented.
- Works on Windows and Mac with any DAW.
4U ProjectTime for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available as freeware.
More information: HOFA / 4U ProjectTime
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 18, 2013
iZotope has announced the release of Nectar 2, a collection of intelligent production tools designed specifically for voice.
Flawless vocal production is just a click away. From quick corrections to limitless creativity, Nectar 2 treats your voice to sweet results.
Bring a vocal track to life with the only complete set of tools designed specifically for voice. Add impact with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and a wealth of creative effects. Stay in tune and remove distracting breaths without tedious, time-consuming editing. Instantly transform a single vocal take into a dynamic, harmonized ensemble. Whether you’re tracking or you’re mixing, Nectar 2 delivers professional vocals in an instant.
Nectar 2 features
- Explore 11 powerful tools in one plug-in: Harmony, Plate Reverb, FX, Pitch, Delay, De-Esser, Saturation, Compressors, Gate, EQ, and Limiter.
- Get smooth, pitch-perfect takes quickly with dedicated Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins in the Nectar 2 Production Suite.
- Finesse your sound with surgical detail using powerful advanced controls.
- Improve vocal production at all stages, from tracking through mixing.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with 150+ presets, in a variety of genres from classic to modern.
Nectar 2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $179 USD (Standard) / $219 USD (Production Suite) until October 30th, 2013 (regular $229 / $299 USD respectively).
More information: iZotope / Nectar 2