Monoplugs has released version 1.2 of B-Step Sequencer, a melodic, chord based step sequencer, now also available as a standalone app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before.
Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
Changes in B-Step Sequencer v1.2
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Sequencer Settings:
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Sequencer Features:
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what’s the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
- MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- User Interface:
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target)).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
B-Step Sequencer is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: Monoplugs
Admiral Quality has announced a limited time sale, offering a 66.6% discount on its synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
We hardly ever do this, but in celebration of the coming holiday and, frankly, because the Admiral is hungry and trying to keep a roof over his head and his internet on, we’re going to offer our biggest discount yet until the end of the month. Prices of Poly-Ana and L’il Poly-Ana are slashed to 1/3 normal! That’s right, until May 1, 2014, a positively evil 66.6% off!
We also have some new products and updates coming very soon, including support for x64 on OSX. So stay tuned, and please help spread the word about our sale. It will help us get those other projects completed over the coming days and weeks.
The sale ends May 1st, 2014.
More information: Admiral Quality
Vengeance Sound has launched Glitch Bitch, a Vengeance Producer Suite effect plug-in for creating glitch and stutter effects.
VPS Glitch Bitch is your new favourite tool, when it comes to mangle your audio tracks: shorten or increase buffer sizes, sync buffers to your host tempo, add HP- or LP filters, apply rate reducing, reverse the buffers, use the “advance buffer mode” to create unheard effects, pitch down your buffers, apply volume and pan modulations, draw your custom envelopes (n-point envelopes), use the internal sequencer for triggering – the possibilities are overwhelming!
Glitch Bitch features
- Synced buffer sizes.
- Advance buffer mode.
- Reversible buffers.
- Buffer gate time.
- HP- and LP filters.
- Rate reducer.
- Volume and pan modulations.
- Internal sequencer.
- Note value synced envelope mode.
- 4 independent n-point envelopes.
- Pitch effect.
- Synced and free start modes.
- Intelligent and precise timing.
- 2 different dry/wet modes.
- 140 dancefloor destroying presets by Manuel Schleis.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at 49 EUR. It is currently 20% off in Vengeance Sound’s Easter Sale (use coupon code vEaster at checkout).
More information: Vengeance Sound / VPS Glitch Bitch
HoRNet Plug-Ins has launched HoRNet DeeLay, a vintage digital dub delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The vintage button gives the HoRNet DeeLay that typical early 90s sound where digital was still imperfect and with a character of its own.
The DeeLay can make endless feedback loops and changing the delay time changes the pitch of the buffer creating funny and interesting noises, the time parameter can be modulated with an LFO allowing the creation of futuristic wobbling sounds.
Since the delay is digital it has all the robotic artifacts of modulated digital delays instead of the smooth action of an analog emulated delay.
Try it on vocals, guitars or anything that needs space, the HoRNet DeeLay will surprise you with it’s spacey yet focused sound.
HoRNet DeeLay features
- Delay time up to 5000ms.
- Sync mode from 1/16th to 1bar.
- Capable of endless delay generation.
- LFO from 0.1Hz to 10Hz.
- Time modulation.
- Vintage mode with 12bit ADC emulation.
- Mac OS X (>=10.5 intel only) and Windows support.
- 64bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and RTAS format.
HoRNet DeeLay is available for purchase for 7.99 EUR.
More information: HoRNet Plug-Ins / HoRNet DeeLay
, instrument plugins
, New Sonic Arts
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 16, 2014 - 0 comments
New Sonic Arts has announced its Easter Sale, offering a bundle of Granite, Nuance, and Granite Aura at a discounted price for a limited time.
Before the end of April, pick up our entire suite of products for an unbelievable price. With more than 40% savings, now is the perfect time to discover the outstanding sound and next-generation workflow of New Sonic Arts.
Visit www.newsonicarts.com to download demos, check out audio examples and find out more.
The bundle is available for 99 EUR/$119 USD until April 30th, 2014.
More information: New Sonic Arts
LinPlug has released version 3.3 of its Alpha synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Built since 2001, version 3 since 2007, now its updated again. Version 3.3 is coming in 4 flavours.
One of the most classic virtual instruments ever: our Alpha 3.3 Classic Synthesizer.
Changes in Alpha v3.3
- New, scale-able User Interface.
- New full window bank/preset browser.
- Undo / redo functionality.
- Noise now in three colours: white, pink and brown.
- Prev/next switch for browsing through oscillator waveforms.
- Pitch bend range now saved per preset.
- Matrix now with 11 slots.
- Filter drive/saturation now as destination in the matrix.
- Main pan position now as destination in the matrix.
- New random and alternate modulation sources.
- All LFO now with same features.
- Controller mapping for modulation wheel and aftertouch/pressure.
- Several new setup options.
Alpha for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $79 USD / 59 EUR.
More information: LinPlug / Alpha
Joey Sturgis Tones has launched JST Clip, a powerful peak clipper built for sonic perfection.
JST Clip is my version of a clipper that is built with the mixing and mastering engineer in mind.
This powerful peak clipper is designed to be the last stage of dynamic control while preserving your transients and generating harmonic saturation. Prevent digital overs with pleasing sonics, and increase the boldness of your source with ease.
JST Clip for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for the introductory price of $25 USD.
More information: Joey Sturgis Tones / JST Clip
Plugin Boutique has announced the release of BigKick, a kick drum instrument plug-in in collaboration with Credland Audio.
The drum kit is the rhythm and groove of any track and the kick drum is the hearbeat of the groove. We know how important it is to get the kick drum right in the mix. BigKick was created with the sole intention of allowing producers to achieve the results they have always wanted.
Developed to make kick drum design easy and enjoyable, BigKick has a carefully selected set of features to help you get results quickly. And, unlike many other tools, the controls are limited to values that produce useful kick drum samples. It also lets you make the best possible use of existing sound libraries in your collection.
Big Kick features
- Kick drum synthesis – can replicate the majority of today’s and yesterday’s kick sounds.
- Factory library includes >300 attack types and 110 presets.
- Tuned kick drums.
- Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries.
- Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool.
- Drag-and-drop sample creation.
- Auto-play mode for instant start and jamming.
- No phase shift free sound shaping.
- High pass filter (again, phase shift free): avoid nasty surprises in the bottom end.
Big Kick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for £34.95 GBP.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick