MeldaProduction has introduced MWobbler, a multipurpose distorting filter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
MWobbler is a unique distorting filter originally designed to produce dubstep wobbling basses, but it turns out to be a great multipurpose filter for just about any audio material from rhythmic pads, rotary organs to drum driven basses…
- Dual user interface.
- Continuously adjustable oscillator shape.
- 4 global modulators.
- Integrated tube saturation.
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing.
- Smart randomization.
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC).
- Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x.
- Extremely advanced and easy-to-use user interface.
- Automatic synchronization to host tempo.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange.
- Fully automatable.
- Supports VST, VST3 and AU interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Wobbler is available for the introductory price of 20 EUR (regular 50 EUR). It is free for MTotalBundle and MCreativeBundle users.
MeldaProduction has also updated its plugins to version 7.08.
7.08 provides several new features and a few fixes and optimizations. Main improvements include full signal generator automation/modulation, banks mode for multiparameters, side-chain peak meters and much more. It is recommended to use the newest installer to perform the update.
More information: MeldaProduction
Sonic Mechanics has released Wobbles 2, a collection of 50 wobble bass patches for Native Instruments Massive.
These patches have been handcrafted to pack your productions with the dirty and hefty bass. They take their inspiration from artists including Dj Hazard, Distorted Minds, Rude Kid, Stereo Doctor, Darq E Freaker, Kill the Noise, Savant, Skrillex, and Funtcase and are made to give an authentic experience to your audience.
Each patch has additional macro controls, allowing the user to morph each individual bass into a completely new wobbling monster. The Sonic Mechanics team aims to make the producer’s life as easy as possible and each patch has been through a quality control procedure to make sure that only the fattest and chunkiest sounds are included in the final cut.
The patches are designed for use in the Complextro, Drum and Bass, Grime, Dubstep, Electro Moombahstep and genres, although the patches are also perfectly suited to House, Moombahton and Breakbeat and could find a home in any musical style.
The soundset is available from Loopmasters for £14.95 GBP.
More information: Sonic Mechanics / Wobbles 2
Loopmasters has introduced Dubstep Soul, a sample library from Rankin Audio.
Did you just say dubstep and soul in the same sentence? I sure did baby boy, stop crying and put your trousers back on its time to inject a bit of music into the wub wub.
Lovely luscious chords, silky soft synths and magical melodies, dubstep soul is here to lay you down gentle by the fire and make the sweet sweet love to you.
All the loops you will need to slather some musicality over the cold, harsh wobbles and evil synths.
Dubstep Soul features
- 463 MB content, 24-bit quality.
- 51 Music Loops.
- 48 Drum Loops.
- 35 Bass Loops.
- 10 Evolving Pad Beds.
- 20 FX.
- 10 Vocal Loops.
The sample pack is available to purchase for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Rankin Audio / Dubstep Soul
Industrial Strength Records has released Rude Boy Bass, a sample library featuring a collection of basslines.
Rude Boy Bass doesn’t play nice. This Dubstep pack fights back with round upon round of heavyweight basslines primed by the pros at Industrial Strength Records to wobble the walls and rattle the senses.
Get ready to dig into deep Dubstep bass samples. These booming loops are supported by a slew of raucous Tearouts, vivid Dubstep Riffs, and sick sounds to lay down the foundation and finishing touches of your modern Dubstep creations with a single audio soundest.
The possibilities only begin from there: Rude Boy Bass is formatted for Apple Loops and Wav, and each baseline clocks in at 140 BPM for instant mixin n’ matchin.
Rude Boy Bass features
- 340MB content, 24-bit quality.
- Includes 23 Bass Patterns, 16 Bass Shots, 23 Complex Bass Combos, 20 Drum Loops, 12 Effects, 05 Vocals, 10 Gritty Basslines, 10 Talking Bass Loops, 09 Misc Bass Loops, 10 Sub Loops, 10 Drops, 11 Wobble Loops, 10 Synth & Pads.
- 13 assortment demo clips and 23 demo clip bass combos.
- Bonus: 20 Future Clash samples, 13 Dubstep Massive samples, 5 Dubstep NI Massive patches, and 10 Drum Shots Vol. 2 hits.
- Apple Loops format available seperately.
The sample pack is available from Loopmasters, priced at £16.95 GBP.
More information: Industrial Strength / Rude Boy Bass
PlugInGuru has released Toxic FM8, a soundset for the FM8 software synthesizer by Native Instruments.
71 High Octane inspired patches for FM8 of the likes you’ve never heard before…… Aggressive | Expressive!
From Insane Wobbles, Pitch Drops, Squelches and Shortys to ÜBER dark dub basses with rhythmic motion, this is a library like NOTHING that has come before it.
FM8 is considered one of the toughest synthesizers to program and in his second library, John “Skippy” Lehmkuhl has studied closely many of the inspiring sounds coming from todays music and injected them into FM8 with tricks galore to make getting Mind Blowing dance tracks will help define you as a unique new artist.
Toxic FM8 features
- 71 patches: 29 Synth Basses, 28 Synth Leads, 6 SFX patches, 5 Synth Pads, an Optimized Init Patch, A Distorted Synth Bell Patch, Incredible Ambient Dub E.Piano Patch.
- 1 Hour and 2 min video tutorial covering:
- How to Install the patches.
- Optimizing FM8.
- EZ Edit Power!
- Step by Step making Aggressive bass patch and then making a Wobble version of the same bass.
- Requires Native Instruments FM8 v1.2 or later.
Toxic FM8 is available to purchase for $30 USD.
More information: PlugInGuru / Toxic FM8
Stretch That Note has released L.E.W.D, a sound library for Kontakt.
The idea behind L.E.W.D was to create an aesthetically and fully functional low end bass and kick module that would have the type of controls that I selfishly wanted. Ease of use and ‘fun’ were the main criteria for developing this product. To be able to dynamically affect every layer on the fly appealed to me greatly.
Chaining specific effects and dynamics into single function knobs and dials not only makes it easy to run deep edits on the go but it makes for a much more pleasing approach to sound design. Additionally, the whole concept of making everything simple and beautiful gave me an insight into how to design a functioning GUI whilst maintaining control. The decision to chain and condense effects and dynamics into single functions was made to help beginners and intermediates understand and utilize commonly desired processes.
The real power of L.E.W.D lies in the layering process. Each kick and sine layer has been meticulously processed to layer both in tune and harmonically with each other. Using phase cancellation, polarity inversion and M/S, specific frequencies have been dug out and others enriched so that when applying heavy overdriving and saturation effects the results are both genuine unique.
There are no limits as to what can be done with L.E.W.D and I implore you to abuse the beast as much as possible and enjoy the same mayhem that I have had such fun in being the cause of.
- 4 layers (synthetic kicks and sine based waveforms) with ADSR envelopes for each layer.
- Global master section that contains the standard Amp Env, Tune, Velocity, Level and Amount for the whole module.
- Central ‘hub’ section that handles varying forms of saturation and overdriving.
- Additional controls for processing layers with specific EQ curves.
- Reverse chop effect for dropping down basses. A slider that handles ‘rubber’, or bounce, values.
- Glide function that does not behave like a standard Glide (more on this later).
- Extensive Wobble section with full control over time and response values.
- Waver section with full control over time and response values.
L.E.W.D. for Kontakt is available to purchase for $20 USD.
More information: Stretch That Note / L.E.W.D.