XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS DeeS, a new transparent de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the help of the XILS DeeS you can get rid of all the Voice recordings faults and problems in a flash, while preserving their unique, precious character.
Getting clean, professional vocals, dubbing recordings, restoring voices in all their beauty has never been so easy.
- Easy to use: Find the sweet spot in a flash and remove all unwanted signals. Just move the Frequency Knob and apply Reduction. No more sibilance.
- Easy to understand: Clear Dual Signal path. Solo buttons for each channel (Voice, Sibilants).
- Visualize what you do: Instant Correlation between ears, eye and brain in a glance with the fast, precise 4 signals real time Frequency Graph (Bottom of unit).
- Easy to tweak: Go further and adapt the character of a voice to your project. Or make special effects and creative use of the DeeS.
- Entirely Transparent: No filter sweep effect like with traditional similar tools.
- Fast: The detection can be applied as fast as it should be, resulting in lively, natural voices (No more lifeless voices).
- Input independent detection: Retains the whole dynamic range of the incoming audio.
- Simple: Sibilant and Voice Channels are clearly identified on each UI part: Knobs, Graphs share common color code.
- Exclusive: Plosive detection for better recognition.
- Then go even further: Endless possibilities to change, adapt, or polish the character of voices with two independent EQing audio paths (Analog like 0-delay-feedback filters).
XILS DeeS for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until September 1st, 2014 (regular 89 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / XILS DeeS
Le Lotus Bleu has announced the release of Xtrem Tweaker, a soundset by Tzadi featuring 300 new presets for the Oxium synthesizer instrument from XILS-lab.
As it name implies Xtrem Tweaker focuses on very unusual presets with lots of crazy real time controls (Wheel, AFT, Velocity, etc. for each preset).
The 300 presets can be purchased at once in the Grand Bundle, or in 3 separate thematic banks if you prefer (100 thematic presets per bank).
The Grand Bundle is available for the introductory price of 19.90 EUR (regular 29.90 EUR). The individual volumes are 9.99 EUR each until August 4th, 2014 (regular 14.99 EUR).
More information: Le Lotus Bleu / Xtrem Tweaker
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS 4, a virtual modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The XILS 4 emulates a prototype that was never released, the EMS VCS4, based on two integrated, interlinked and interacting VCS 3 (Synthi) cores. We also coupled them with the famous 256 analog polysequencer.
Like the 2nd huge Pin Matrix, and its numerous additional modules: Envelopes, LFOs, S&H, Voltage Processor, Pitch Tracker, Transient etc. Or the recreation of the unique, powerfull 256 analog Polysequencer, intimately tied to the synthesis engines. Add to that the analog Chorus (3 modes) Delay and Phaser, the Spring Reverb, and the picture emerges.
XILS 4 is available for purchase for the introductory price of 149 EUR (regular 179 EUR). This offer includes a free USB-eLicenser, and XILISTICS soundset (160+ patches). XILS 3 users can upgrade for 29 EUR.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS 4
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS 3 v2.0, an updated version of its authentic-sounding software emulation of the vintage EMS VCS3 portable analogue synthesizer.
The XILS 3 V2.0 not only emulates the Synthi (VCS 3) modular synthesizer, it also adds an emulation of the 256 Analog Sequencer, the natural companion of the VCS 3.
Is that all? No, of course, we added a SECOND Matrix, with 2 additional envelopes, one LFO, a detailed Sample and Hold module, and a Voltage processor…
And some input modules : Gate, Transient, Envelope Follower and Pitch Tracker to transform the XILS 3 into an advanced Effect Processor! This means hundreds of additional connections. Add to the pile the analog chorus with its three modes, the analog delay and the phaser… the picture emerges.
XILS 3 v2.0 features
- 6 Oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with WaveShaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square).
- 1 Noise Oscillator (With Noise color).
- 1 Analog Filter, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB LowPass).
- 3 Trapezoidal Envelope Generators, Looping EG in the time of analog (Switchable to ADSR).
- 2 Polyphonic LFOs (including 1 Oscillator acting as LFO at audiorate).
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator.
- 2 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter.
- Programmable Joystick Vector Controller (up to 32+32 modulation targets).
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Envelope Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules.
- Chorus, Delay, Spring Reverb.
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers.
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags).
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections.
- Instrument or Effect plug-in.
XILS 3 is available for purchase for the introductory price of 120 EUR until May 1st, 2014 (regular 149 EUR). The XILISTICS sound bank for XILS 3 with 160-plus presets (25 EUR value) is included with this offer. XILS 3 requires eLicenser or iLok.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS 3
Newpool Music has announced its Lable Tennis Remix Contest, a chance to remix a track by Hiding Jekyll and win prizes from Ohmforce, Sonic Charge, Fabfilter and XILS-Lab.
Hiding Jekyll’s open minded journey through different electronic styles along with his continuous testing of various live setups finally matured to become a real trademark sound. His aspiration to organize the material in a way that makes it possible to constantly manipulate his tracks, thus comprising both a unique studio and live performance which sometimes can’t be repeated another time, is his strife for authenticity. This is the core of Hiding Jekyll, a name which is synonymous with his activities as a producer and live unit.
With his single Lable Tennis, out in spring 2014, we want to give you the opportunity to create a remix of this minimalistic beauty. You’ll be able to win some valuable prizes from Sonic Charge, Ohm Force, Fabfilter and XILS-Lab. Just be sure to read the instructions and follow our terms and conditions. We wish you good luck and a lot of fun.
The submission phase begins January 27th, 2014 and ends February 27th, 2014 at 23:59 UTC. The decision phase begins February 28th and ends March 3rd. The winners will be announced soon after.
More information: Newpool Music / Lable Tennis Remix Contest
XILS-lab has announced the release of R.A.M.S.E.S., a multi-effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
XILS-lab R.A.M.S.E.S. – Rhythm and Motion Stereo Engine System.
Developed in close collaboration with fellow French sound design doyen Le Lotus Bleu (a.k.a. Laurent Bourgeon) to bring any audio signal to life with rhythm and motion, R.A.M.S.E.S. stands for Rhythm And Motion Stereo Engine System.
So what does that mean, exactly? Well, try imagining a multi-effect plug-in that adds (or removes) true stereo depth and space; reshapes, re-filters, and re-envelopes every sound source; creates hypnotic and robotic sequences, yet ably adapts to the most subtle or complex human rhythms; and makes digital synths sound analogue!
Anyone who thinks that sounds too good to be true… think again! That’s R.A.M.S.E.S.
- Pristine Analog Multimode Filter with exclusive Xils-lab 0-Delay-Feedback and Advanced Modelling Technologies.
- Full True Stereo Engine with Dynamic Balance (Pan) and Stereo Width Dynamic Control.
- Dynamic control of all volumes and gains (Vca) in Stereo Path.
- Exclusive Spray Delay Effect: Easy, fast and intuitive to set, Impressive to listen to.
- Crusher Effect with Dynamic control.
- Combines 5 essential effects with zero compromise audio quality for the price of one.
- RITA Performance Module (Realtime Interactive Transformation Area): Control R.A.M.S.E.S. by playing live on a MIDI keyboard only using Note On, Note pitch, Velocity, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, Control Pedal, Keyboard tracking etc.
- Filter Control: Get total control of the multimode Analog filter with dedicated hardwired Enveloppe, LFOs, and the incredibly powerfull exclusive Xils-Lab-Le Lotus Bleu *Masks Technology.
- Pan-Level Control: Control Pan and Volume with dedicated Envelope, Multiwave LFO, and another complete *Grid-Masks combo.
- Advanced Area: Modulate any of 91 R.A.M.S.E.S. parameters using a third *Grid-Mask area.
- Direct Midi Assignation: Automate via MIDI CC up to 91 R.A.M.S.E.S. parameters.
RAMSES for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until January 1st, 2014 (regular 79 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / R.A.M.S.E.S.
XILS-lab has announce availability of version 1.5 of Chor’X, a bucket brigade delay chorus plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This major update, adds a 4th Chorus algorithm to the Dimension-D, Synthex, and CS-80 ones, as well as some refined versions of these 3 existing modules.
A totally revamped interface that will greatly enhances your workflow has also been added, offering you to switch between the Easy/Legacy Mode (default) and the Advanced-Complex-Deep Mode, without loosing anything of the richness and in depth programming possibilities of the former version !
XILS-lab Chor’X 1.5 with Advanced panel.
Changes in Chor’X v1.5
- The Legacy Mode
- The Chor’X 1.5 Graphic Interface has been totally revamped to offer you a Legacy Mode. It’s very easy to get the exact sound of the 4 legendary units we have modeled, without having to do anything and change complex parameters.
- Be prepared to experience new Dimension, Synthex, CS-80 like textures without effort.
- A new “VP-330″ algorithm, finely emulated from the real hardware, is now available in Chor’X 1.5.
- The Advanced Mode
- Chor’X 1.0 brought you wide and wild sound shaping. You won’t loose anything with Chor’X 1.5: The same internal parameters of these legendary units are still exposed in the same way as they were in version 1.0. But this time, only if you want it or need it!
- Project and presets are fully backward compatible.
- The Stereo Space Engine
- The True Stereo Dynamic Engine allows you to build spectacular, complex and intrigating stereo scenes, with real time aimations. Some people only use this module on entires mixes.
- Now, for those who wants to keep the exact legacy sound of their preferred algorithm, it is easy to by-pass the stereoizer.
- Windows 7/8: the graphic Interface is now smooth and fast.
- Windows 7 32 bits: authorization correctly completed.
- Installers (mac and windows): Possibility to select which plug-in format must be installed.
- Preset Browser: Randomly, not all the presets were displayed. This is fixed with the 1.5 version.
- Preset Browser: A dry/wet lock function allows to browse without changing the dry/wet level (Advanced mode only).
In celebration of the 1.5 update, Chor’X for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for 39 EUR until October 15th, 2013 (regular 59 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / Chor’X