Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
The Lower Rhythm releases A-110
The Lower Rhythm has released the A-110, a freeware dynamic multi-effect VST plug-in for Windows PC.
The A-110 is essentially a tube amp simulator with a built in 3 band EQ, compressor and lowpass filter. Although it was designed with drums in mind, the A-110 is a great tool for giving both synthesizers and guitars a sometimes much-needed “umph” that can result in a more gritty, interesting sound.
- Stereo signal flow: Input > Amp > EQ > Filter.
- VU meters for input and output.
- Pre and post amp gain control.
- Compressor with threshold, ratio, attack and release.
- Dry signal level control.
- 3 Band equalizer: low (80 Hz.), mid (2500 Hz.), high (14000 Hz.).
- Lowpass filter with cutoff and resonance.
- Noise oscillator with volume and lowpass cutoff controls.
- Threshold knob for noise osc.
A-110 is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit The Lower Rhythm for more information.