Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Tone2 updates Gladiator to v1.1 and releases Mac version
Tone2 has released version 1.1 of Gladiator, the Harmonic Content Morphing based synth plug-in.
Changes in v1.1
- Drastically improved time for saving/loading songs in Cubase and other hosts (hard disk space per instance also reduced from 1.5MB to 850 byte per instance).
- Opening the plugin is 250% faster.
- Removed a glitch after switching through presets.
- Slightly reduced memory usage.
- LFO1/2 “retrigger off” was renamed to “random phase”.
- The word “preprocessing” appears in the HCM windows.
- Improved sound: Very low played oscs have more “treble”.
- Improved sound: IQM light is switched to “light” by default. Gladiator sounds less static.
- Fixed a buffer overflow in the “Time Varismooth” modifier.
- The preset format has changed: Hosts save in chunk format now (fxb/fxp). Gladiator presets are now glp/glb files.
The Mac version of Gladiator is now also available, as universal binary for Intel Mac and Power PC. It supports audio unit (AU) and VST 2.4.