Zynewave has released version 2.30 of Podium, a professional music production software solution for Windows PC.
Relative snap and edit cursor snap options. Revised the mouse key modifiers and made Shift key work as snap override.
Changes in Podium v2.30
- Added “snap to closest grid line”, “snap to previous grid line”, “snap relative to grid” and “snap to edit cursor” options to the editor snap menu. If more than one option is enabled, the snapped position will depend on which snap point is closest.
- Modified the way that the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys affect timeline drag actions. Pressing Shift after starting a timeline drag action will temporarily disable snapping. Pressing Alt after starting an event drag action will lock the dragged selection in either the horizontal or vertical position.
- The Ctrl key is now used to copy-drag both phantom and unique events in the arrangement editor. Previously Alt was used to drag phantom copies. The Ctrl key can be tapped again during the drag operation to toggle between phantom or unique copy. The mouse pointer icon indicates the copy mode.
- Pressing the Ctrl key when drawing a curve, or when dragging a single point event in the curve editor, will snap the point to the default parameter value.
- Shift+clicking to start a marquee selection will reset existing selection first. Ctrl+clicking an empty area will start a marquee selection adding to the existing selection. This now also works with the pencil tool.
- Modified the behaviour of the Q/W key shortcuts: Q/W moves the edit cursor in steps of the grid value. Shift+Q/W steps the edit cursor between marker events and active loop, punch and segment ranges. Ctrl+Q/W will set the edit cursor to the start or end of the current event selection.
- Middle-click on the timeline will set the edit cursor snapped. Holding Shift while clicking will set the edit cursor without snapping.
- Renamed the Quantize menu to “Grid & Snap” menu. Shortcut key is Alt+G (previously Alt+Q).
- Changed the shortcut key for toggling snap mode to A (previously T).
- Added Ctrl+E as shortcut for the “link edit cursor to play cursor” option.
- Added Ctrl+R as shortcut for resetting current event/segment selection.
- Added Ctrl+U as shortcut for converting a phantom sequence/sound event to a unique copy.
- When a track event is selected, the Left Arrow key navigation will stop at the first event on the track, instead of selecting the track.
- Removed the obsolete “editor snap” option from the preferences.
- Assigning an audio-enabled device mapping to a non-audio track will automatically enable the fader and meter on the track.
- Added an extra decimal digit to plugin parameter value readouts in the curve editor and the mixer parameter faders.
- Fix: A child track that is tagged can now be collapsed if the group track is also included in the tag selection.
- Fix: Unassigning an instrument from a track which had MIDI parameter tracks would cause a crash.
- Updated the key shortcuts page in the guide.
Podium is available to purchase for Windows PC, priced at $50 USD. A demo version can be downloaded from the Zynewave website.
More information: Zynewave