Applied Acoustics Systems has released an update to the Lounge Lizard EP-4 virtual electric piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
Version 4.3.0 comes a new scalable interface and other enhancements and fixes.
The Lounge Lizard EP is a software electric piano based on the classic instruments of the seventies. Each component of these instruments has been modeled with AAS cutting edge physical modeling technology to provide realistic and lively sounds.
Lounge Lizard EP-4 features
- New Library – The completely renewed factory library features classic electric piano sounds as well as over 240 gig- and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equalizer, and multi-effect processor.
- New Compressor and equalizer – These new additions are designed to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- New Character control – The new Character control provides five classic studio and stage signal path emulations—that’s the cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder chain that follows the piano’s output—to help fit your electric piano part into your track.
- New Streamlined interface – Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Lounge Lizard EP-4 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the main piano and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you get under the hood and voice the piano to taste; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for final shaping duties.
- New Limiter – The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the piano’s physical modeling parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- New Bank and program manager – Lounge Lizard EP-4’s new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Overhauled effects – Reinvigorated, polished, and tuned especially for the electric piano, Lounge Lizard EP-4’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date.
- New Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files – Lounge Lizard EP-4 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
Lounge Lizard EP-4 is currently on sale for only $89 USD as part of a Thanksgiving Sale. It is also included in the Modeling Collection and Integral Bundle, which are both 60% off during the promotion. The update is free for Lounge Lizard EP-4 owners.
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems