Mathieu Demange has released the RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter, an effect plugin that is designed to perfectly mimic the whole AD/DA conversion process of the Akai S950 in order to give your music this vintage, warm and crunchy sound.
The Akai S950, one of the most famous samplers from the 80s, is largely praised for its legendary sound. Many consider the 12-bit grit and crunch still unmatched today.
But the 12-bit resolution is not all. For over a year, we studied every bit of this studio gear masterpiece to bring back its unique character to your modern DAW with the RX950.
RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter features
- Legendary 12-bit resolution.
- Perfect modelling of the S950’s audio signal path (Line Input > Analog gain > Pre-filtering > A/D conversion > D/A conversion > Post-filtering > Line Output).
- Adjustable audio bandwidth (and thus sampling frequency).
- Original steep 6th-order low-pass Butterworth filter.
- Stereo or mono operation.
- er-control CV input on the back panel (Rack Extension).
- Low CPU consumption.
The RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/Rack Extension), priced at 19 EUR/USD.
More information: Inphonik