Arturia has introduced the MiniBrute 2S, a semi-modular hybrid sequencer synthesizer instrument designed to push the envelope for the modern musician.
MiniBrute 2S takes the vast sound design potential of MiniBrute 2 and supercharges it with an advanced, triple-layered step sequencer. It combines Arturia’s legacy of joyful, intuitive sequencers with attitude-packed synthesis, and expands into the blooming world of Eurorack modular with a comprehensive mod matrix patchbay.
Featuring two of Arturia’s legendary Brute oscillators, the classic Steiner-Parker filter, an innovative looping envelope, and hands-on control for every parameter, MiniBrute 2S is a monosynth to be reckoned with. MiniBrute 2S is all about freedom: freedom to create totally unique, inspiring sounds; freedom to build a system that’s unique to you; freedom to expand your collection at your own pace.
One of the most exciting aspects of MiniBrute 2S is how perfectly it integrates into modular setups. It features a comprehensive modulation matrix with dozens of sources and destinations, letting you experiment with the instrument’s own sound, or hook it up to synth and effect modules. Try out a few sounds from the included Preset Cookbook, hone your synth skills and start patching, expand using your favorite Eurorack modules, the possibilities are endless.
Swapping out a keyboard for velocity and pressure sensitive performance pads, the MiniBrute 2S features a triple-layer, monophonic sequencer that works in the same way as Arturia’s award-winning KeyStep controller. You can control your notes with one track, and use the other 2 to sequence parameters like gates, CV, LFOs, and envelopes. You can do this in real-time, or by step-editing.
MiniBrute 2S features
- Mixable, multi-waveform VCO1 and VCO2 with sound shapers: Sawtooth, Ultrasaw, Square, Pulse, Triangle, Metalizer, and Sine waves, with fine and coarse tuning modes, noise generator, and external input.
- Steiner-Parker multimode filter with beefy, acidic tone, capable of self-oscillation. Featuring low pass, high pass, band pass, notch, and bypass.
- ADSR envelope generator, and extra multi-mode, CV-controllable AD filter.
- Brute Factor™ adds subtle drive effects to full blown intermodulation havoc.
- Comprehensive CV Gate modulation matrix with 48 patch points, letting you control many elements of the synthesizer and sequencer.
- Two LFOs with multiple waveforms, able to run in sync with the sequence
- Intuitive triple-layer Sequencer and advanced Arpeggiator, syncable with MIDI and USB.
- High quality, durable performance pad interface with velocity and pressure sensitivity.
- Line out, headphone output, dedicated MIDI I/O and USB connectivity.