Brass is a new kind of virtual instrument: a software recreation of the trumpet, saxophone, and trombone.
This software allows you to play instruments like a professional performer would do: same control, flexibility, and expressiveness (without the years of training it takes to do so). It gives you instant and constant creation. Brass is so dynamic and easy-to-use that you will never go back to flat sampled riff libraries ever again.
- Virtual instrument playable through a MIDI keyboard
- Three instruments available : Trumpet, Saxophone, Trombone
- 8 parameters to control the instruments in real time :
- Pitch (for legatos, falls or expressivity)
- Timbre of the instruments
- Noise amount in the instrument sound
- Position of the instrument toward the microphone
- Mute (for trumpet and trombone)
- Total midi control of each parameter through powerful settings, control sense and hardness
- Independent automatization of each parameter via a dedicated control window
- Configuration of the instruments : 4 attack and 4 vibrato types, material, humanization
- More than 1000 riff presets in all music styles
- Easy and fast searching of riffs with the preset explorer
- Up to 4 simultaneous instruments in a riff
- Editable length, tempo and tune of each riff
- Riff editing with the zoomable pianoroll and independent parameter editing
- Powerful editing options : solo, mute, 8 drawing tools
- Import and export riff presets from and to midifiles
- Live playing of several riffs with the keyboard
- Chorus mode for all instruments, up to 4 instruments unison section
- Spatialization of the instruments in a configurable room
Brass can be used as a Stand-alone software or as a plug-in within your sequencer program. Check the Arturia site for more information.