Blue Cat Audio has announced Blue Cat’s Axiom, a comprehensive multi effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass.
Axiom is based on the acclaimed Destructor plugin for amp simulation tones, offering an infinite number of amp models and effects thanks to its open architecture.
Its two amp simulations channels (with pre and post effects) can be mixed together or used alternatively like a real amplifier. Amp models can be chosen from hundreds of presets or personalized with the amp editor based on Blue Cat’s Destructor, that offers complete control over all the parameters. Additional input and master sections let you adjust the tone at the input and the output of Axiom, with 4 additional effect slots each. A brickwall limiter also protects the output from overshoot.
Axiom includes more than 30 built-in effects that can be loaded in any of the 32 plug-in slots, including a built-in version of Blue Cat’s Late Replies for creative delays and reverbs, and a built-in version of Blue Cat’s Destructor to let you create your own distortion pedals, cabinets or additional amp simulations. All effects slots can also host third party Audio Unit, VST or VST3 plug-ins. Axiom offers an extra “Tools” section with 3 additional slots to host virtual instruments such as a metronome, a drum machine, a sequencer or a synthesizer, to be mixed with the guitar.
Blue Cat’s Axiom features
- Guitar & bass multi effects processor and amp simulation software.
- Two parallel amp channels with pre and post effects.
- Amp settings fully compatible with the Destructor plug-in.
- Input and master sections with plug-ins support.
- Load up to 32 built-in or third party effect plug-ins.
- more than 30 built-in effects including built-in versions of Blue Cat’s Destructor and Late Replies.
- Master brickwall limiter.
- Load up to 3 virtual instruments in the tools section.
Blue Cat’s Axiom for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/AU/AAX/Standalone) is scheduled for release in Q2 2018. Blue Cat Audio will showcase Axiom at the Winter NAMM Show this week at booth #16300.
Upgrade paths will be available for the owners of the Destructor and Late Replies plugins, which both are on sale at 20% off until the end of the NAMM show.
More information: Blue Cat Audio