Bram Bas has released his latest iOS instrument. Ripplemaker is a West Coast flavored modular synthesizer inspired by popular semi-modular desktop modulars, and redesigned for mobile workflows.
The freedom and versatility of a modular synth in a stylish mobile package.
In typical West Coast fashion the available modules, such as complex oscillator, lowpass gate, FM, mathematical utilities and slope generator, are designed for exploration and experimentation.
The virtual patch cables will let you take your sound wherever you want to take it, from morphing basslines to evolving generative drones.
- A modular playground – Even if you’re not familiar with modulars, wavefolders or control voltages you can dive right in, because all modules are prewired; offering a powerful monosynth without using a single cable. Then whip out the virtual cables and start patching. Ripplemaker is designed for fun – big enough to lose yourself into, yet intuitive enough to not get lost.
- Standalone sequencer goodness – Sometimes you want to get away from your DAW and just play. That’s why Ripplemaker, beside being an AU plugin, also comes with a standalone sequencer app that helps you get creative. It has a random pattern generator with scale locks, a realtime probability-based mutation engine and it syncs with your other apps and hardware via Ableton Link, MIDI Clock or Audiobus 3 MIDI.
- Connectivity beyond cables – Obviously in a modular synth it’s all about cables. But Ripplemaker takes connectivity to the next level:
- AUv3 (Audio Unit) Plugin Extension.
- Universal design (works on iPad 4+, iPhone 5S+, iPod Touch 6G+).
- CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI,.
- Audiobus 3, including AB3 MIDI IN+OUT and State Saving.
- Ableton Link.
- MIDI Clock Sync.
- WAV export, MIDI file export, AU preset export.
- Ready for iOS11 Files access.
Ripplemaker is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $8.99 USD.
More information: Ruismaker