Denon DJ has announced a major update to its Engine Prime software and firmware.
Version 1.2.1 now enables the MCX8000 controller to be feature enhanced with Denon DJ’s standard-setting Engine Prime music management software, giving DJ’s unprecedented control over their digital music.
The MCX8000 will utilize Engine Prime optimized music libraries via its USB drives, and new performance and hardware features have also been added to the MCX8000 via its v2.0 firmware update. Improvements include microphone/recording workflow, beatgrid/sync and quantize enhancements, plus song browsing improvements.
In addition, Engine Prime itself has been improved, and this new version 1.2.1 has enhanced music library and track import features plus optimized playlist options, along with its newly-added MCX8000 database export support, giving the MCX8000 performance capabilities that are unmatched by virtually any controller currently available. Also, the Prime Series SC5000 and SC5000M media players can now be firmware-updated via a USB drive, without the direct use of a computer.
“With Engine Prime’s v1.2.1 update, added to the new v2.0 firmware, our award winning MCX8000 controller gets ‘Prime’ performance, plus workflow and software enhancements, empowering DJs to deliver more creativity, dancefloor impact and energy into their sets”, said Paul Dakeyne, Creative Director for Denon DJ.
He added, “Our Engine Prime music management software is now more powerful than ever. To say we’re stoked is an understatement!”
Changes in Engine Prime 1.2.1
- MCX8000 Database Export support.
- Playlists now rearrangeable.
- Drag iTunes, Traktor and Serato parent crates/folders to Collection.
- Faster iTunes and Serato library import.
- Album/Song Artwork management faster and optimized.
- Enhanced Loop control for quicker navigation through tracks.
Changes in MCX8000 2.0
- Support for Engine Prime prepared USB drives.
- Mic 1 & 2 Attenuation controls added.
- Fine tune of Mic ‘talk-over’ adjustments.
- Change USB recording level.
- Beat Grid support for Engine Prime prepared USB drives.
- Quantize feature and Beat Sync/Division options added.
- Song BPM sorting feature.
Changes in SC5000/5000M Prime 1.2.1
- Increased scratch-able/playable empty space before track start.
- Update unit firmware via USB stick without direct computer use.
- Various upgrades and improvements.
Engine Prime 1.2.1, SC5000/M Firmware 1.2.1 and MCX8000 v2.0 is free and available for download now.
More information: Denon DJ