Expert Sleepers has released version 1.1.0 of Silent Way, a suite of plug-ins designed for use as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system.
This is primarily an update to the Voice Controller plug-in, though the DC plug-in also benefits from the OSC enhancements.
Changes in Silent Way v1.1.0
- The Voice Controller AU now has an effect variant so it will work in Digital Performer.
- Added new OSC commands (registerOSCPathForParameter() and
registerOSCPathForParameterNormalized()) added, primarily for compatibility with TouchOSC. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J-SMM5ss9Y
- Output conﬁguration changed from a set of drop-down menus to a full matrix of knobs.
- Envelope scale parameters removed, since the same functionality is now offered by the output matrix.
- Added new ‘velocity’ output.
- Added velocity-based scaling of envelopes.
- Added Hz/V calibration mode.
- Areas of the full MIDI note range note covered during calibration are now ﬁlled with ‘wrapped around’ values from octaves that are covered.
- Added note priority modes (last/low/high) and retrigger modes (on/off).
- Added ‘panic’ button.
- Fixed some incorrect envelope triggering behaviours.
- The ‘trigger’ output is now slightly longer than before (it was previously a single audio sample).
NB the reworking of the output configuration unfortunately means that v1.1.0 of the Voice Controller is not preset-compatible with earlier versions. If you install this version and then load up a song that already uses the Voice Controller, some of the settings (notably the envelopes) will be wrong.
More information: Expert Sleepers