Future Audio Workshop has launched an update to its virtual instrument for creating subs and 808s.
Version 1.0.4 of SubLab XL features a new Noise FX module, alongside various other improvements and fixes.
The new Noise effect module offers 10 different noise flavors to layer some texture onto your 808s and subs. The noise can be panned to the left/right to create more space to your subs. The Waveshaper effect module now comes with a new Wavefolder option, which is useful for adding harmonics to your subs.
Additionally, a new optimize X-Sub Phase per-preset setting is available to make your subs sound louder with one button.
When this new setting is turned on, we phase shift X-Sub’s sub-bass tones in relation to the Synth engine to optimize perceived loudness and eliminate possible phase cancellation issues.
Changes in SubLab XL v1.0.4
- Added: Phase align engines setting. You can experiment with this setting if you’re having phase alignment issues between your imported samples and X-Sub.
- Fixed: X-Sub was running out of phase with the Synth engine. This happened when pitch modulation was applied to the Synth.
- Improved: Hard-reset mode performance. When enabled, it shouldn’t click as loudly when a new note resets the phase of each of the engines. However, we still recommend using First note restart as the phase reset mode.
- Added: The ability to import folders of samples. Just drag in a folder and it will be imported with the folder name appearing a submenu in the samples list.
- Added: Windows 7 support. This requires a couple extra steps so please reach out to support if you need help with a Windows 7 machine.
- Improved: GUI performance in Logic X.
- Various optimizations.
The update is free to download to existing owners of SubLab XL for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3, AU and AAX). New users can purchase a license for $50 USD (regular $80 USD) at Plugin Boutique and from the Future Audio Workshop store.