Focusrite is giving members of its Plug-in Collective community a free copy of the Monofilter Elements plugin by Nugen Audio.
The effect allows you to solidify your bottom end by ‘mono-ising’ the low frequencies in the input signal without affecting the rest of the spectrum.
With Monofilter Elements you can centre low-frequency content within a full mix for phase coherence and maximum impact on mono playback systems, tighten up individual stereo bass tracks, counteract low-end-muddying stereo effects, and more.
The Monofilter Algorithm slider works like a depth control, progressively narrowing the low frequencies and raising the cutoff point below which the mono-ising occurs, while the Trim control enables attenuation or boosting of the mono portion by up to 10dB, and a sweepable high-pass filter shaves off everything below 20-349Hz.
Add in a helpful ‘quick start’ preset library, A/B comparison, a stereo differential spectrum analyser, and you have an indispensable mixing and mastering utility for any producer or engineer.
Monofilter Elements features
- Bring power and clarity to low frequencies without affecting the rest of the mix.
- Control the depth of mono-ising for total precision.
- High-pass filter onboard, sweepable 20-349Hz.
- Boost or attenuate the mono-ised portion of the signal by up to 10dB.
- Stereo differential spectrum analyser.
- A/B switching for comparison of two complete parameter states.
- ‘Quick start’ preset library.
- VST, VST3, Audio Units and AAX plugin formats.
You can access the offer by registering your hardware and setting up a Focusrite account before March 5th, 2020.
Plug-in Collective members can also take advantage of a £100 GBP discount on a wide range of versatile pro-quality music production tools in the Nugen Audio e-store on orders exceeding £100 GBP.
More information: Focusrite