Hephaestus Sounds has launched Jack’s Concert Guitar, a virtual guitar instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The instrument features the sounds of a Stephen Hill’s concert guitar, played by Italian guitarist Giacomo “Jack” Bigoni.
We sampled his personal guitar to capture the feeling that there is between the instrument and its owner: samples are sharp, accurate, targeted, detailed and expertly played by Jack, based on a real performance of him with his guitar.
This new instrument uses our latest scripting effort: the SenseTech. It is the last evolution of the previous Performer Intelligent Technology, able to simulate the instrument in all its nuance and every articulation just by playing, using very little system resources and an improved high-precision script that will have to manage a large number of samples in several milliseconds of time.
Jack’s Concert Guitar features
- 48KHz 24-bit Stereo.
- 6 dynamic layers.
- 8 sound modes, also switchable by key-switch.
- 1 Live! sound mode (uses the SenseTech real-time scripts).
- Fullness, Presence and Detail knobs, tuned to the guitar frequencies, to equalize the sound at the best.
- Detune knob to simulate the small detune from the same notes.
- “Powered by SenseTech” button, to disable all the SenseTech scripts if not appreciated.
- Pan slider to move the instrument left or right.
- Touch slider to adjust the velocity curve.
- Stage Sim slider to quickly create a room ambience.
- String slider to simulate 5 different strings set.
- Flexible Arpeggiator and Strummer extra functions.
- 11 preset to quickly call different instrument settings.
- Adjustable vibrato using Modulation or Aftertouch controllers.
- Total instrument size: 240 MB (lossless compressed samples).
- At least, a 61-keys keyboard is suggested to play at the best.
- Works on Kontakt v5.2.1 or newer (only 15 minutes on Kontakt Player).
Jack’s Concert Guitar is available from Sampleism for £19.99 GBP.