Ilya Efimov Production has announced the release of Fretless Bass, a virtual bass instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This carefully-crafted instrument is designed to be a detailed emulation of a hi-end 5-string “studio custom” bass from the F-Bass company.
The three right hand positions in one patch: normal, soft, “Jaco” and additional articulations – allow the user to edit their MIDI notation or play in real-time. By minimizing the use of keyswitches, the instrument has been designed to be simple and intuitive to use. A sophisticated algorithm to select strings in real time, automatically selects the natural bass guitar left-hand position on the fretboard. Manual string and position selection are also available.
The library’s repetition keys make it easy to play realistic ostinato bass-lines. FX glissando is designed to add realism to bass guitar parts. Multiple legato types are changed automatically, depending on the first note played. Included also, are several Legato modes, Open String mode, Chord Detection mode and X-note mode.
Fretless Bass features
- 2.37 GB ncw compression format.
- 4612 samples, 24-bit, 44.1 kHz.
- Up to 12 velocity layers, 21 frets on each string with round-robin algorithm.
- Three right hand positions in the single patch.
- Auto and Manual String and Position Selection.
- Attack control.
- Slide-up, Flageolets, X-notes (two modes for x-note performance).
- Repetition keys for X-notes and last articulations.
- Realistic glissando note-to-note.
- AMP cabinet and Bass tone effects.
- Multiple FX and Noises (strokes, fret noises, releases).
The sample library is available to purchase for 99 EUR.