iZotope has announced the release of Trash 2, an audio mangling and distortion device for Windows and Mac.
It’s been a decade since Trash first arrived as the ultimate distortion toolkit. As the years have passed, it’s remained a cult favorite of artists such as Nine Inch Nails, Noisia, Garbage, Ko?n, Sigur Rós, and anyone looking to add dirt, grime, and character to their tracks. Fully overhauled from Trash 1, Trash 2 adds a wealth of new features including twenty new distortion algorithms, fresh filter modules, fifty new impulse responses, multiband waveshaping, 64-bit and AAX support and much more.
“For Trash 2, we wanted increase the level of freedom in the features that Trash 1 users loved best,” explains Product Manager Jack Côté. “Now you can have even more influence over your sound, whether you’re loading your own impulse responses, creating new filter combinations, or designing and editing your own multiband waveshapes. With Trash 2, it’s a new era of personalized distortion.”
Trash 2 features
- Distort in ways you never dreamed with the Trash module’s 60+ distortion algorithms, perfect for transforming your sound into something never before heard.
- Design your own unique distortions, from massive to mild and everything in between, with a new, customizable, multiband Waveshaper.
- Let your tracks inhabit any space or object with the new Convolve module. Choose from over 100 impulse responses, or load your own to put your bass in a washing machine or your keys in a cave.
- Find a new voice: make your audio speak and growl with two redesigned Filters, each one featuring new vowel formant filters, screaming peaks, node modulations, and more.
- Start trashing your audio immediately with an extensive new preset library and an ear-friendly Limiter that ensures you can play without fear.
For even more sonic mayhem, add the Edge Expansion Pack to Trash 2.
Full of extra-exotic and extra-gritty presets for a broad range of sonic treatments, the Edge Expansion Pack is perfect for unconventional guitars, synth basses, synth pads, drum mangling, and more. With 30 new impulse responses for further tone coloring and 70 new presets built directly for these impulses, the Edge Expansion content was born to bring out the best of Trash 2’s classic out-there sound.
Trash 2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $149 USD through December 6th, 2012 (regular $249 USD MSRP, €195 EUR). The Trash 2 Edge Expansion Pack is available for $29 USD / €25 EUR.
For a limited time, Trash 2 will be available as part of iZotope’s new Creative Bundle which includes Trash 2, the Trash 2 Edge Expansion, Iris+5, and Stutter Edit. This collection is priced at $499 USD / €399 EUR, and available until December 31st, 2012.
Trash 1 customers who purchased on or after October 1, 2012 will receive upgrades to Trash 2 for free. For Trash 1 owners who purchased prior to October 1, 2012, special upgrade pricing of $99 USD will be available.