Jeff Loomis, guitarist of melodic death metal band Arch Enemy (formerly of progressive metal band Nevermore and supergroup Conquering Dystopia) has introduced a brand new signature plugin created in partnership with audio software developers Joey Sturgis Tones and Swedish metal producer Jens Bogren (Arch Enemy, Sepultura, Devin Townsend, and At The Gates).
Toneforge Jeff Loomis is the latest Artist Series release from the Toneforge lineup, with past releases including collaborations with industry heavyweights Jason Richardson of All That Remains, Misha Mansoor of Periphery, and Ben Bruce of Asking Alexandria.
Developed to be a mix-ready virtual guitar tone solution, Toneforge Jeff Loomis brings a series of new tonal options to the market for those in the death-metal and progressive genres. With three distinct channels (Clean, Rhythm, and Lead), guitarists are able to dial in tones for specific scenarios.
Toneforge Jeff Loomis features
- Input Calibration.
- Three amp channels to choose from (Clean, Rhythm, or Lead).
- Switchable Tube setting on Rhythm channel (6L6 or EL34).
- Single/Dual Cabinet Options with independent mic selection, polarity, panning and level control.
- GTR Comp: No-frills compressor pedal.
- Overdriven: Analog-modeled overdrive pedal.
- Sky Box: Boutique reverb pedal.
- Echo Man: Digital delay pedal.
- EQ: 4-band post-amp equalizer.
- Dynamics: Split-band post-amp compressor.
- Input/Output Trims.
- Noise Gate.
- Built-In Tuner.
- Live Mod: Store presets in 10 independent ‘Live-Set’ scenes for quick accessibility via MIDI/Mouse control.
- Resizable GUI.
Regularly $149 USD, the plugin is on sale for $59 USD for a limited time at Joey Sturgis Tones.
It comes in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats for Windows and Mac. A free iLok user account is required for activation.