LiveSlice is a beat slicer (VSTi for windows only, OSX version is planned) that can do much more than just slice beats. You can load up to 64 wave files at a time, slice them up and combine the slices in the multitrack arranger.
With up to 256 slice on each loop liveslice is as much a granular synthesizer as a beat slicer. As you can also sequence notes you can do simple melodic arrangements too (bases and arps).
LiveSlice is available as a VSTi for windows only. An OSX version is planned.
new in v1.2
- Clear button to clear arrangements and / or loops
- trigger individual slices from arranger tracks – this means you can use all the parameters when midi triggering
- configurable maximum attack and release times (up to 1 second)
- Zoom by dragging in the slicer (hold down both mouse buttons)
- When a file has been loaded, it is deselected in the browser so it can be reloaded
- When you load only slices, the fileName is not changed
- event durations visualized properly in the gui, when attack and release times are changed
- track parameters are now redrawn properly on midi control changes
- midi note off messages handled incorrectly in controllers – fixed
- fixed problem with triggering and quantizing empty tracks
- other fixes to secure even greater stability and compatibility
A demo and manual are available for download. Check the Livelab.dk site for more information.