Modal Electronics has announced the Skulpt Synthesizer, featuring a four voice 32-oscillator virtual analog synthesizer with monophonic, duophonic and polyphonic modes.
Packing a huge range of synthesis power in a highly portable package, Modal SKULPT is ready to help you take your creativity to the next level wherever and whenever you want.
- 4 voice – 32 oscillator virtual analogue synthesiser.
- 8 oscillators per voice with 2 selectable morphable waveforms.
- Mixer stage for osc levels along with FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options.
- Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic modes available.
- Multi option Unison / spread to detune the 32 oscillators for a huge sound.
- 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources and 37 destinations.
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation.
- 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic.
- Realtime sequencer that will record up to 128 notes and up to 4 parameters..
- Fully featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, swing and sustain controls..
- Resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass.
- Delay and distortion (wavehsaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects.
- Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay.
- 128 patch and 64 sequence storage locations.
- 16 key touch MIDI keyboard.
- MIDI DIN In and Out – Analogue clock sync In and Out connections.
- Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet.
- Headphone and line output.
- Power by USB or 6 x AA batteries.
- Optional software editor available for MacOS, Windows, IOS and Android.
- Portable and compact design.
Modal will launch a Kickstarter project for Skult on July 13th. The projected price of Skulpt is said to be under $300 USD.
More information: Modal Electronics