Modstep has updated its Modstep MIDI sequencer app to version 1.1.
Modstep allows you to create music and jam with your iPad and your favorite IAA Apps, Audio Units, Mac and PC software and MIDI hardware as well as the internal drum sampler and synth. Use it as the centerpiece of your setup to create and perform music on the go, in the studio and on stage.
Modstep 1.1 features Audio Units, a new Plugin Browser, Arrangement features, Global Scale, MIDI import and export, Audiobus destination support for up to eight channels, and a lot of enhancements and bugfixes.
Changes in Modstep v1.1
- New Features:
- Audio Unit support: use AU instruments and effects in modstep.
- New Plugin-Browser: Drag and drop internal Instruments, AUs or IAAs to any of the Tracks.
- New Plugin-Chain per Track:: combine Internal Instruments, Audio Units and IAAs and add unlimited Insert FX per Track.
- New MIDI – IO-Section per Track allows quick & easy setup of MIDI Port & Channel routings for each track.
- Added Master FX Chain.
- New Settings-Popups for Clips, Scenes & Tracks – available via Long-Tap.
- Global Scale: use one Scale throughout all Tracks in your Session (optional per track).
- Clips now show a preview of the notes inside their current Pattern.
- Patterns now show a preview of their notes.
- When deleting a Clip you will now have to confirm the deletion by tapping twice.
- Added optional ‘Enter Clip Shortcut’ – if activated, all clips will show a button that allows to quickly open the clip in its related sequencer page.
- Added variable grid-size in Piano Roll (1/48 – 1bar).
- Studiomux is now able to send audio data to modstep (e.G. to mix or process through FX).
- Modstep can now receive audio via Audiobus (to mix / process).
- Added Arrangement options:
- Scene follow: Automatically starts the next scene after the current one finishes.
- Scene Loops: set the Scene to loop X times (or unlimited) before the next one starts.
- Clip Loops: set the Clip to loop X times (or unlimited).
- Scale per Scene: Change the Global Scale per Scene.
- Tempo per Scene: Change the tempo for each Scene.
- MIDI file import & export
- New MIDI file browser in the main file-menu.
- Added MIDI indicators.
- AudioShare import for the Sampler.
- New global Keyboard with Pads and velocity to easily play all of your tracks onscreen.
- Audiobus destination support.
- Over 20 new MIDI Templates.
- Added metronome.
- You may now decide which of the tracks should record audio.
- Notes entered in Drum and Melody mode are not shared anymore (when switching modes, the other modes notes will not play or be shown anymore).
- Drum / Melody mode do not change the Piano Rolls touch-behaviour anymore.
- Added Draw-mode toggle to change the Piano Rolls touch-behaviour in either mode.
- Bugfixes & improvements:
- Fixed occasional note drop-outs.
- Improved timing of internal Sampler & Synth to be sample accurate.
- Improved audio-recordings to be seamless loops.
- Export and Import of CCs, Chords and Pads works now.
- Fixed panning bug in the Sampler.
- Velocity in Piano Roll and Step Sequencer was fixed.
- CCs were blocked by selected CCs.
- Several smaller bug- and crash-fixes as well as small usability enhancements.
Modstep is on sale for $14.99 USD until April 25th, 2016 (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Modstep