Plugin Boutique has launched an update to the Scaler 2 comprehensive and easy to use MIDI plugin that makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun.
The improved lasso selection lets you select and chain multiple patterns.
Scaler 2 is an inspirational and powerful music theory workstation that gives you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies. With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler 2 can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music. The plugin helps you discover the perfect melody with performance expressions, and can even suggest ways to change from one key to another.
Changes in Scaler 2.0.9
- Improved lasso selection, patterns can now be multi-selected and chained with ease.
- Improve visual feedback on keyboard when binding a multi-selection of pattern with empty chords.
- Improve user chordset loading to support renaming & moving session files.
- Add new option to play-quantised to chord duration or on next beat.
- Chord Edit panel now suggests chords at the same octave than the currently edited chord.
- Accessing the Pad View does not stop playback anymore.
- Add ability to Play/Loop progression from Pad View.
- Add ability to navigate back to Edit View from the Pad View.
- Improve live expressions behaviour, avoid re-trigger when releasing a note while other keys are being held.
- Fix an issue causing the import/export state to break when overriding an existing session file.
- Fix a display issue when reloading the Chord Edit view from a saved state.
- Fix an issue causing octave jumps when using scale voicings.
- Fix modulation suggestions to prevent octave jumps between distant scales.
- Fix an issue when reordering chords causing them to shift to a wrong position.
- Improve overall stability and performances.
Scaler 2.0.9 is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) to owners of Scaler 2.
More information: Plugin Boutique