New Sonic Arts has announced a new version of its Freestylesoftware that lets you split, layer and combine your VST instruments and FX to explore vast new sound design possibilities.
Version 1.5 comes with many new features and improvements, including a new Group module and Track bar, improved VST integration and much more.
Changes in Freestyle v1.5
- Group Module: Effortlessly merge sub-structures into Groups via the Encapsulate feature. Freeze entire multi’s to Nuance. Tag and reuse your favourite patches and FX chains.
- Track Bar: The new Track bar provides a convenient track-based interface to your patches, including tabbed navigation of parallel tracks. Re-order and insert modules by drag-and-drop and allow Freestyle to automatically manage the connections in the underlying structure.
- Even Slicker VST Integration: The VST View provides a uniform interface for all your VSTs. Search parameters and quickly assign to macros. Tag, organise and browse presets, including pre-categorised presets for many popular VST’s.
- Extended Sequencing: The enhanced Event Player now includes a larger editor, a whole new suite of editing and manipulation features, plus Variable Time Signatures for polyrhythms and experimental grooves.
- Improved Structure Drag & Drop: Add, rearrange and duplicate modules in the Structure View all by intuitive drag-and-drop. Never before has a modular host had such an effortless workflow.
- Enhanced Navigation and Workflow: Cursor-key navigation of the Structure View, the new Add button for contextual module creation, new edit-view menus, resizable views for Granite, Nuance and Vice… and much more.
- Improved Preset Management: Powerful browser technology make Freestyle the perfect access point for all your presets and samples. Freestyle 1.5 now includes automatic-background scanning, search and sync engine improvements plus user-interface enhancements.
- VST and Standalone MIDI out: The VST and Standalone versions now support MIDI out, allowing you to program and trigger external gear and DAW tracks direct within Freestyle. Or simply drag-drop MIDI patterns from the Event Player to your DAW.
Freestyle 1.5 is on sale for 79 EUR for a limited time (regular 129 EUR). The update is free for all registered users.
More information: New Sonic Arts