New Sonic Arts has announced an update to its Granite instrument, a granular texture generator that open a world of evolving textures, haunting atmospheres and infinite soundscapes.
Granite’s unique sound engine melds a state-of-the-art granular processor, an innovative modulation system and a suite of per-grain FX. The result is a degree of musicality not achieved before with granular synthesis.
The compact user interface takes full advantage of GPU acceleration for a unique, immersive audio-visual experience, and the intuitive workflow makes working with Granite’s powerful engine a breeze. Granite users include musicians, soundtrack composers and game designers.
Changes in Granite v1.6701
- Improvements and fixes to path handling and save locations of presets.
- FileBrowser: now automatically refreshes when folder content change.
- Waveform: show right channel switch was not working.
- Fixed a UI crash bug.
- Fixes and optimizations to the PatchCloud preset browser.
- Fixed issues with MIDI port selection and recall.
Granite is available for 99 EUR. It comes in VST and AU plugin formats and as a standalone application for Windows and Mac.
More information: New Sonic Arts