Bram Bos has released Odessa, an iOS plugin suite for sequencing and controlling MIDI instruments.
Odessa is a collection of MIDI Audio Unit plugins that let you sequence and generate MIDI instruments, such as Audio Unit plugins, IAA apps and even your external MIDI hardware. Note: MIDI Audio Units require iOS 11 and an AU host that is compatible with the new MIDI Audio Unit standard and internal MIDI routing, such as AUM.
The Odessa Sequencer Suite includes:
- Odessa Bassline: a monosequencer based on the popular Troublemaker sequencer. Obviously comes with all the randomization and mutation features. Up to 8 patterns per sequence, with Follow Actions. Transpose using MIDI.
- Odessa Rhythm: a euclidean drum sequencer with mutations per instrument and polyrhythms. Comes with configurable key mappings for many popular drum apps.
- Odessa X0X: classic TR-styles step sequencer for drum machines. Supports triplets, polyrhythms and mutations per channel. Optionally emulates the exact timing jitter pattern of the legendary TR-808
- Odessa LFO: a triple MIDI LFO generator lets you modulate CC parameters of your MIDI instruments. Apply amplitude modulation to each wave for more organic behavior. Optionally syncs to tempo.
- Odessa XY: a double XY Controller Pad for generating 4 simultaneous configurable CC controller streams per instance. Also features MOD wheel and PitchBend sliders.
- Odessa Arpeggio: adds a MIDI arpeggiator to any of your synths. Offers latch mode, shuffle and automatic tempo synchronization. Turn any incoming MIDI stream into an arpeggio on the fly.
The Odessa Sequencer Suite (AUv3) is available for $9.99 USD.