Rayzoon has released Jamstix 2, a virtual drummer VSTi which runs synchronized with your sequencer and features in-depth real-time modeling of various styles as well as human drummers with their own habits, accents and fill characteristics.
Jamstix 2 is complemented by a high-quality sample player with 1.5GB of samples (XL version) as well as a VSTi subhost that can ‘drive’ your favorite drum module with the brain power and arrangement functionality of Jamstix 2.
- real-time groove composition using dedicated style and drummer modeling (not static patterns!)
- in-depth drummer limb simulation, including triangulation of hand movements, ensures that the grooves are always humanly playable (no ten-armed drummer here)
- advanced feel modeling includes sound-specific pocket delays, power and timing variations and can play ahead, on or behind the beat
- real-time fill generator produces unique fills (no static patterns used!) that match the style and drummer in use
- streamlined interface with visual drum kit for editing as well as just watching the drums play
- part-based arranger with transition and repetition fills, liveloop technology as well as drag-&-drop MIDI export
- limb-centric bar editor allows fine-tuning of events without need for MIDI export/editing in host
- extensive MIDI controller mapping allows in-depth remote-control of the style, drummer and mixer.
- built-in mixer with compressor and 3-band EQ
- comes with 50 styles and 10 drummers, expandable via future Paks
- built-in high-quality drum sample player with multiple velocity layers and controllable ambience
- alternate samples remove machine-gun effect by varying sounds at the same velocity
- sophisticated layering creates realistic sound accumulations based on drum types
- route sounds to 4-17 stereo outputs (adjustable)
- extensive sound library that can be expanded via expansion Paks
- integrated VSTi sub-hosting allows usage of any VSTi drum synthesizer, such as BFD™, DFHS™, EZDrummer™ and Addictive Drums™. Combine the sounds of your favorite drum plugin with the jam power and realism of Jamstix!
- allows creating kits that use a mix of external sounds and Jamstix 2 sounds! For example, you can built a kit that uses EZDrummer™ drums and Jamstix 2 percussion sounds and cymbals.
- flexible key and velocity mapping
- interactive Jamming
- supports Your Existing MIDI grooves
Jamstix 2 costs $99, and $139 for the XL version (XL version includes DrumPak #1,DrumPak #2, BrushPak, SnarePak and ePak).
Jamstix 1 users can upgrade for $40 or $89 for the XL version, until 9/3/2007.
Visit Rayzoon for more information.