Real Music Media has released the Real Snare Drum, a sampled vintage 1972 Slingerland Sound King snare in the sfz format.
The Real Snare Drum is the first in a new line of multisampled drums which offer intuitive and playable mappings that match the profile of the instrument, realistic microphone combinations with intuitive controls, and a consistent ‘dead room’ recording methodology.
Real Snare Drum features
- Sampled using two Beyer M201 dynamic microphones (top and bottom close mics) and two Oktava MK 012 small diaphragm condenser microphones (stereo overheads in an XY pattern).
- Mapped in an innovative and playable configuration in the sfz format.
- The drum is sampled in 4 zones: center, 3 inch radius, 6 inch radius, and rim shot.
- Each zone has separate left and right hand samples mapped in an obvious and intuitive way.
- Round robin and velocity switching within each zone.
- Each microphone has its own virtual channel, controlled by its own assigned midi CC#.
- The instrument has decay, sustain and release controls each assigned to their own CC#.
The Real Snare Drum is available as a download for $8 USD.
Visit the Real Snare Drum page for more information and audio demos.