Rumpelrausch Täips has released the successor to ZR-3, AZR3, a freeware electric/electronic drawbar organ emulation.
In comparison to ZR-3, AZR3 has:
- Warmer sound
- No internal program handling anymore
The „compare“ and „save“ buttons have disappeared. Concerning program and parameter changes AZR3 now behaves like most other VST plugins: Changes will immediateley be memorized. If you want the last version or factory sounds you would have to load your saved programs/banks or reload the plugin. The compare/save mechanism beared just to many problems with the different VST hosts on the market, so I disabled it
- Improved speaker emulation
More complexity; phase shifting and a new horn speaker make up for a much smoother sound
- Lower speaker can be switched between fixed and rotating
- Envelope of sound generators steeper (faster attack/release)
- Completely rebuilt overdrive section
Now implemented as multiband overdrive/clipping combination
Visit Rumpelrausch Täips for more information and a link to download the Windows version of AZR3.