Precisionsound’s Russian Balalaika is a very detailed sampled instrument library featuring the sounds of the stringed musical instrument.
The recording was made in the “Usachevsky” studio at the University of Utah, and the instrument was played by Igor Iachimciuc.
This Russian 3 stringed (2 E strings and 1 A string) Balalaika sample library has been recorded in many articulations separately for both the E and A string and comes in a wide range of formats.
The sample library contains 2 types of programs; “Solo” and “Group” (NI Kontakt, EXS24 & HALion versions only).
Russian Balalaika features
- 1,250 24bit mono WAV files of a Russian 3 stringed (2 E strings and 1 A string) Balalaika.
- Articulations recorded separately for both the E and A string: Up, Down, Thumb, Flam, Mute, Unison EA, Unison EE, Tremolo (3 variations but same speed), Harmonics, FX1, FX2 and Fretnoises.
- Includes 2 types of programs: “Solo” and “Group” (NI Kontakt, EXS24 & HALion versions only).
- “Solo” programs are one single Balalaika
- “Group” programs are a mix of 3 different notes and articulations played at the same time to build a unison feel of 3 (6 in NI Kontakt 3 and 4 if the String mix is set to 50% using the KSP script programs) unique Balalaika players.
- Speed control of the tremolos is only available in the NI Kontakt 3 & 4 programs.
The Russian Balalaika sample library is on sale for 15 EUR until March 12th, 2019 (regular 60 EUR).
More information: VST Buzz