Sinevibes has announced version 1.4 of Fraction, the audio slicing workstation plugin for Mac that allows for deep on-the-fly remixing and mangling of sound.
The new version brings a thoroughly redesigned user interface, new features and functional enhancements, performance optimizations, and more.
Fraction features 8x independent slice repeaters, as many as 24x multi-effect processors, effect parameter animation and a lot of tricks for real-time rhythmic randomization.
Changes in Fraction v1.4.0
- Thoroughly redesigned user interface with bolder shapes and thicker font.
- New arrow-style status indicators above slice markers which light up when the respective slices are processing audio.
- New “random” slice playback mode that shuffles between forward, reverse & forward-reverse modes.
- Increased audio waveform rendering resolution for retina screens.
- New “intelligent” algorithms for slice size and slice repeats randomization that adapt random number distribution depending on parameter range and current value.
- Extended function support for force-touch trackpads.
- Reduced processor load thanks to all-new, more efficient parameter and modulation lag filters.
- Reduced processor load and improved memory handling in main slice repeater algorithm.
- Reduced GPU load from audio waveform graphic.
- Multiple improvements in user manual, including block diagram.
- New factory presets (over 80 presets now included).
The update is free for all existing users. A new demo video has also been released, showing Fraction’s capabilities when used with Elektron Digitakt.
To celebrate this update and Fraction’s 3rd release anniversary, Sinevibes are also running two special limited-time offers:
- For 3 days only, you can get the Complete Collection bundle including 25 plugins with a 30% discount. The offer ends March 17th.
- For 30 days, you can buy Fraction for $69 USD and get three more plugins for free. The offer is valid only for full-price purchases and runs until April 14th.