Softube hsa released the Weiss Compressor/Limiter, a compressor/limiter effect plugin that aims squarely at the body of your sound.
The name Weiss is synonymous with quality in mastering, and a truly exceptional compressor/limiter is essential to any serious mastering engineer. The Weiss DS1-MK3 digital dynamics processor is the top-of-the-line go-to for a huge proportion of the world’s greatest mastering gurus, and for the Weiss Compressor/Limiter, we draw on its essence (and code-base) to bring a totally focused and fit-for-purpose modern answer to the question ‘how should I deal with dynamics on my mix bus?’
Available as a standalone plug-in, or as part of the Weiss DS1-MK3 collection (also including the class-leading Weiss Deess de-esser for your high-frequency delight, and the fast and intelligent Weiss MM-1 Mastering Maximizer) the Weiss Compressor/Limiter aims squarely at the body of your sound, and offers the perfect set of features for this most crucial of tasks.
Weiss Compressor/Limiter features
- A modern and transparent digital compressor and limiter, with code-ported algorithms from the industry standard DS1-MK3.
- Total control, without an over-complicated interface. The ‘expert’ tools are all in a hidden side-menu.
- Stunning and intuitive visualisations for detailed control, and an intuitive experience.
- Clean tweak-and-go faceplate, with immensely detailed controls hidden in side-menu.
- Ultra-professional tool, but without the daunting, complex look.
- Compress selectively, with low pass and band pass filters.
- Two brand-new advanced limiter algorithms in addition to the Weiss original.
- Available as a single plug-in, or as part of the Weiss DS1-MK3 collection.
It is also available as part of the Weiss DS1-MK3 collection.