Sound Radix has announced the release of Drum Leveler, an advanced audio transient leveling software for Windows and Mac.
Drum Leveler is a new beat detection-based downward and upward compressor/expander. By selectively applying gain to single drum beats, Drum Leveler easily achieves the desired target level for each beat, without affecting bleed noise or beats that are out of the user-defined processing range.
Unlike traditional envelope-followers and VCA’s, Drum Leveler runs an advanced new algorithm that takes full advantage of modern CPU’s allowing unparalleled control over your drums’ dynamics.
Drum Leveler is powerful yet easy to use. It will help you achieve solid driving grooves, improve clarity and add punch to any percussive performance.
Drum Leveler features
- Transparent, beat detection-based simultaneous upward & downward compressor and expander.
- Applies gain to each beat individually to achieve set target level.
- Gain reduction and expansion is transient-accurate to the drum beat for natural, distortion-free transients reproduction.
- Dual threshold levels allows processing any level range to affect only specific beats within a track such as ghost notes or bleed without affecting other beats.
- Mono, Stereo, Dual Mono and Mid/Side operation modes.
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface.
Drum Leveler for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for $149 USD. Existing Sound Radix customers can purchase Drum Leveler for $99 until December 30th, 2014.