Plugin Boutique has launched a limited time sale on Soundiron’s Alto Xylophone, a Kontakt sample library featuring the sounds of a deeply sampled Orff tuned percussion instrument.
Ready to bring acoustic percussive accents to your next composition, Alto Xylophone fits comfortably in any genre from horror to jazz.
It has a warm plunky tone and fast decay, with 13 rosewood bars laid in a diatonic C major scale from C4 – A5. Soundiron used felt mallets to capture each note, then recorded glisses and percussive knocks.
They also sampled two soprano xylophones an octave higher: One has 13 notes (C5-A6) with a rounded playful timbre, while the other has 12 notes (C5- G6) with a crisp biting tone, performed with mallets and wooden cube hammers.
Alto Xylophone features
- One master NKI instrument bank in open Kontakt format.
- Alto xylophone and two soprano xylophones, tuned + untuned percussion & FX in two mic positions.
- 20 Ambience patches created from the source content.
- 24 bit / 48 kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples.
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- 14,129 Stereo wav files.
- 3.1 GB installed.
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator.
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments.
Available for the full version of Kontakt 5.5 or higher, Alto Xylophone is priced only $19 USD until January 23rd, 2022 (regular $29 USD).
More information: Soundiron