Synapse Audio has announced version 1.3 of The Legend, a plugin designed to faithfully emulate one of the most famous vintage analog synths, the Minimoog Model D.
The update comes with AAX support for Pro Tools, increased polyphony and more.
Every component, ranging from the voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs), voltage-controlled filter (VCF) and voltage-controlled amplifier (VCA), have been modeled to an accuracy never seen before in software. The snappy filter and amplifier envelopes have been meticulously modeled, as well as the massive bottom end – even the most marginal effects like temperature drift or effects originating from the power supply have been taken into account.
The most significant additions are the Unison and Polyphonic modes, allowing for thick stereo sounds, as well as enabling polyphonic play. Built around a vectorized core, The Legend is capable of synthesizing four voices for the cost of little more than a single voice, making it a highly efficient analog-modeling synthesizer plug-in.
Changes in The Legend v1.3
- ProTools AAX version added.
- 8-voice mode for higher polyphony.
- Host Tempo sync switch added for OSC 3 in LO mode.
- Modwheel source added to the modulation matrix.
- Initial phase of all oscillators can be adjusted on the back panel.
- AVX support for optimal performance (requires a processor with AVX).
- Improved Retina support on the Mac (required OS X 10.9 or higher).
- Preset library increased to 530 patches total.
- Pitch Bend range increased to +/- 48 semitones.
The Legend is now available in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats, priced at $99 USD.
More information: Synapse Audio