Voxengo has released an update to the SPAN free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
Changes in SPAN v3.8
- Added the preset list sorting function to the preset manager.
- Redesigned the knob image.
- Extended the “Color Editor” with color modifiers.
- Added the “Gray Blue” and “Navy” color schemes.
- Implemented “anti-aliased” line drawing optimization.
- Fixed a bug where the “Hold” switch was not holding statistics.