Waldorf has made the synth engine from Quantum available in a compact form with its new Iridium rack-compatible desktop synthesizer.
The mighty synth engine from Quantum is now available in a compact form. Tracing the footsteps of its bigger brother, Iridium features all the synthesis elements of Quantum as well in a rack-compatible format. The combination of the powerful engine, incredible flexibility and detailed sound shaping facilities creates sheer endless possibilities of sound. Yet, the comprehensive layout and easy-to-understand structure lets you design your own sounds in no time.
Sporting a solid metal casing and the same high level of craftsmanship like Quantum, Iridium is now ready to take over studios and stages throughout the world.
Contributing another entry in Waldorf’s rich history, Iridium joins the family as a direct descendant of the PPG Wave. Though, Iridium offers much more than its ancestor. Five different synthesis models are provided by Iridium for each of the three oscillators.
- 16-part synthesizer.
- 3 digital oscillators per voice.
- 5 synthesis algorithms: Wavetable, Classical Waveforms, Granular Sampler, Resonator, Kernel.
- Two digital stereo filters in different modes and configurations.
- 6 LFOs in Poly and Global mode.
- 6 Envelopes.
- Master Effect Rack with 5 slots.
- Master Compressor.
- Modulation Matrix with 40 slots.
- Loading and saving of presets via USB and SD card.
- 2 GB internal memory.
- Import possibility of Nave presets.
- Connections: Main output 2x 6.3mm jack, line input 2x 6.3mm jack, headphone output 6.3mm jack stereo, USB host connector, USB (MIDI), Midi In/out/Thru, 4 CV inputs for connecting EuroRack modules, CV Clock I/O, CV Gate, CV Start.
The Iridium synthesizer is priced 1,960 EUR ex. VAT.
More information: Waldorf