Press Play has released a free oscilloscope and monitoring plugin for time-domain audio analysis. Wave Observer visually supports mixing, mastering and sound design by offering a number of unique features.
The plugin comes with an envelope mode with long sweep times suitable for the analysis of the shape of envelopes and signal dynamics, and a waveform mode allows you to view individual waveforms and oscillations by activating a specifically developed stabilization algorithm.
Wave Observer features
- Smooth continuous presentation of input signals (left, right and stereo).
- Wide zoom range (from one sample per pixel up to four seconds for the whole view).
- Stabilization algorithm for fixing single waveforms on screen.
- Freeze function including the ability to scroll through history.
- Peak level meter.
- Support for high-dpi / retina displays.
- UI customization (window scaling and color themes).
The plugin is a free download in 64-bit VST/VST3 and AU formats for Windows and Mac.
More information: Press Play