Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Arturia updates CS-80V to v2.0
Arturia has released version 2.0 of CS-80V, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The CS-80V is the reproduction of the legendary Yamaha® CS-80, which is considered by many as the “ultimate polyphonic synthesizer”. More than 25 years after its release, the time has come to rediscover a sound that has extensively contributed to the history of music…
Changes in CS-80V v2.0
- Switch to Syncrosoft copy protection.
- VCF audio quality improvements.
- Ring modulator audio quality improvements.
- A revolutionary preset navigation system called the SoundMap.
- Lower CPU utilization on Mac OSX.
- Better Audio Unit compatibility (Digital Performer most notably).
- Ability to use NRPN midi messages for automation.
- Better handling of control surfaces while changing preset.
- New presets added.
- Midi RPN “pitch bend range” message is now recognized.
- Bug fixes.
CS-80V is available for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), priced at $249 USD / 199 EUR. The update is free for registered users.