Dangerous Music has announced the release of the Dangerous Compressor, a dual-mono/stereo compressor for tracking, mixing and mastering designed by legendary mastering gear guru Chris Muth.
Built to the exacting standards of the mastering community, as with all things Dangerous, it has also proven indispensable for tracking and mixing. Tame a vocal, tighten a snare, crush a sampled loop or gently smooth a track- the compressor will rise to the occasion, providing rapid results, intuitive feedback and without coloration.
Like all Dangerous Music equipment, the compressor achieves musical, yet transparent results; in the words of producer and mixer Michael James (New Radicals, Hole, Robben Ford, L7, Edwin McCain, The Coronas) “The new Dangerous Compressor is a ‘must have’ in my world. It’s a refreshing complement to the currently fashionable boxes that indiscriminately add color to your sound-whether you want it or not.”
Dangerous Compressor features
- Hit your choice of buttons and twist the threshold for radio-ready results.
- Smart Dyn Dual Slope Detection: Automatically limits peaks while stealthily compressing the average.
- Auto Attack/Release: Replace “guess” with “yes” for rapid-fire results.
- Performs like an automated fader: No more drawing vocal rides.
- True Stereo Dual Detector: Traditional linking shares one detector, often resulting in a narrower stereo image.
- Immaculate VCA: Virtually no distortion, even with 20dB of gain reduction.
- Internal sidechain circuitry houses the audiophile soul of the compressor.
- Bass Cut: Tightens the track without sacrificing the low end.
- Sibilance Boost: Shave sibilance and shrill histrionics with zero post-compression hangover.
The new Dangerous Compressor is available through dealers worldwide for a street price of $2,799 USD.