XTZ has launched a Kickstarter campaign for the brand new wireless Headphone Divine, the world’s first high-end DSP wireless headphone with Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC pairing.
Let’s face it: headphones have been on the market for more than 50 years now. Year after year, new products come up – always offering more additional features and new designs. However, a closer look at the technological side of the product reveals that the changes often merely concern the design. When it comes to technology, not much has happened throughout the years. That’s due to the fact that there is a limit of what you can accomplish inside the size of a headphone. Until now…
With our new Headphone Divine, we take a huge step forward by combining the long experience of mechanical knowledge with the latest sound engineering technologies:
- DSP sound optimization, including an algorithm for both frequency and impulse response.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology with aptX® Codec – no cables, no chaos (however, we also include a by-pass cable, so that you can connect the headphone to any 3,5mm jack).
- NFC that pair your headphones without hassle
- New: Works on PC and Mac via Bluetooth!
The Kickstarter project has already reached its initial target of $25,000 USD. Various stretch goals may still be reached before the project is funded on November 3rd, 2014.
More information: XTZ / Headphone Divine at Kickstarter
Dirac has announced the introduction of the Dirac M-Suite, a combination of technologies designed to enhance the sound quality from mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and portable media players using either earphones or built-in speakers. The first product to adopt Dirac M-Suite is the new tablet from Xiaomi, the Mi Pad.
Dirac has a long track record of providing audio technologies for high performance home audio, premium automotive, professional cinema and mobile applications.
Dirac M-Suite brings these technologies together, allowing them to work in synergy to provide the best possible mobile sound quality and listening experience.
Dirac M-Suite features
- Dirac HD Sound® provides tailor made sound correction for earphones and built-in speakers for an enhanced sound reproduction.
- An advanced sound field control technology allows faithful playback of surround sound through earphones by bringing the sound outside of the listener’s head.
- Dirac Power Sound™ allows the user to get the loudest possible sound without compromising sound quality.
“Many mobile device manufacturers are realizing the importance of audio quality, and Dirac is happy to be able to provide our customers with a unified platform that ensures they get the absolute best performance out of their device,” said Dr. Nilo Casimiro Ericsson, Technology Coordinator and Co-founder at Dirac. “We are continually seeking to expand the suite with a range of innovations and updates,” Ericsson added.
The first product making use of Dirac M-Suite is the new tablet from Xiaomi, the Mi Pad.
Founded in 2010, Xiaomi is one of China’s leading tech firms. The company, which is said to have been the fastest growing start up company in history, is projecting sales of over 40 million phones in 2014, more than double that of 2013. Xiaomi has earlier used various Dirac technologies to provide great sound quality in products such as the Xiaomi Mi2 and Mi3. The Mi3 upon its launch sold 100 000 units in 90 seconds.
More information: Dirac / M-Suite