n-Track Software has released version 3.4 of its n-Track Studio for iPhone, iPad & iPod.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
Changes in n-Track Studio v3.4
- Multitrack Piano-roll: display and edit multiple MIDI tracks at the same time.
- The MIDI keyboard now optionally doubles to show two separate keyboards that can output to separate tracks/instruments.
- The new Level Meter lets you precisely adjust and monitor the recording.
- Import multiple files from Dropbox.
- The save command can now export MIDI tracks as MIDI files.
- Fixed sometimes Audiobus channels names do not match the actual audio.
- The metronome now allows to enter fractional BPM tempos.
n-Track Studio is available from the App Store for $7.99 USD.
More information: n-Track Software / n-Track Studio
Twisted Tools has announced the release of Morph Board, a free Lemur tool to easily morph anything.
Twisted Tools is celebrating the launch of our new blog where we will be posting frequent news, interviews and free downloads.
To kick things off, we’ve released a free gift called Morph Board. We’ve been using Morph Board internally at Twisted Tools to speed up our sound design workflow and thought it would be fun to share with the community.
Morph Board is a free tool designed by Lemur expert Antonio Blanca to make it easy to store, recall and morph presets using Liine’s Lemur app for the iPad.
With Morph Board, you can store up to 16 presets and morph between them without the need for any scripting knowledge.
Lemur Morph Board is available for download from the Twisted Tools blog.
More information: Twisted Tools / Morph Board
IK Multimedia has announced the release of AmpliTube Orange for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Officially licensed and developed in close partnership with Orange Amplification, the new AmpliTube Orange for iPad and for iPhone/iPhone Touch is a real time mobile Orange Amplifier and effects studio featuring digital models of 5 classic and modern Orange guitar amplifiers and one Orange bass amplifier.
Each amp and cab model has been meticulously recreated in both looks and sound to deliver spot-on Orange tone any time, everywhere.
AmpliTube Orange for iOS features
- Real-time Orange amp and effects guitar/bass suite.
- 5 Classic and modern officially certified Orange guitar amps: OR50, Rockerverb 50, Thunderverb 200, Tiny Terror, AD 30, AD 200 MK 3 Bass Amp.
- Matching speaker cabinet models can be mixed & matched.
- Selectable speaker mic choices: passive & condenser.
- 4 Stomps: Echo Trip delay, Highway Drive overdrive, Shaker tremolo, Noise filter.
- Built-in tuner, metronome.
- 4 (iPad)/3 (iPhone) slots for daisy chained stompbox effects.
- Single track recorder included (expandable to 8 (iPad)/4 (iPhone) tracks with bounce feature, master effects via in-app purchase).
- Song section for importing device library music and play-along.
- MIDI controllable via iRig PRO or iRig MIDI.
- Create and save presets.
- Works with all IK Multimedia mobile interfaces like iRig PRO, iRig HD or iRig Stomp.
- Standalone app or available as in-app bundle in AmpliTube for iPad/iPhone.
- Full production music suite for your iPad.
- Designed and engineered in Italy.
AmpliTube Orange for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch is available for purchase for $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR each. The 4–Track recorder and 8-Track recorder with master effects section are an in-app purchase for $9.99 USD/8.99 EUR and $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR respectively.
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Orange for iPad
iMusicAlbum has released version 2.4 of the Audio Mastering, a fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad.
For everyone who wants to take their final mixes to the next level. Precise control of all parameters and highest quality audio processing, the most important part of any mastering, is the base of this application.
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.4
- Improved Stereo Imaging module.
- New visualization tools for Stereo Imaging.
- Added reduction level meters for Compressor.
- Low and High cut filters in Equalizer.
- Added new presets manager.
- Copy, paste, email and share presets.
- Built-in description updated.
The app is available from the iTunes App Store for $12.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering
Psicada has launched Earhoof, a virtual instrument for iPad.
A sophisticated instrument creation tool, it allows you to layer multiple audio files and combine them with high quality digital signal processing. By continuously changing the sound parameters along the length of your device, Earhoof allows you to create highly expressive playable surfaces.
Its innovative internal rhythm engine allows you to easily play this surface, switching seamlessly between complex rhythms while remaining in complete control of the generated sounds. The result is a playing experience unlike any other, blurring the line between sequencer and instrument.
- Includes over 80 carefully crafted presets, each one a unique multi-sample instrument.
- Intuitively draw curves to modulate DSP parameters for Gain, Pitch, Pan, Filters, Delay and more.
- Easily import your own WAV and AIFF files with iTunes File Sharing.
- Record or manually create your own rhythms.
- Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support allows Earhoof to interact with other music apps.
- Record your performances as audio files without ever leaving the app.
- In-app help manual will help you quickly learn the ins and outs of the program.
The app is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Psicada
WaveMachine Labs has updated its Auria multitrack recording app for iPad to version 1.141.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through a supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
What’s more, Auria’s 64-bit Double Precision architecture ensures ample headroom for plug-in processing and mix summing, transforming your iPad into a recording and mixing studio with sound quality that rivals most DAWs.
Changes in Auria v1.141 features
- New Plugin: FabFilter Pro-MB.
- Fixed: iOS7.1 bug related to 96K projects.
- Fixed: Low volume issue – added option for speaker/mic processing in settings.
- Fixed: Auto-input monitor – Auria now mixes the input with the playback audio automatically.
- Fixed: Change to Audiobus when using Auria in the input slot (made Master the default port).
- Fixed: New versions of WOW and Turnado fixing various bugs.
- Fixed: New versions of all FabFilter plugins, which fix the spectrum analyzer issue.
- Fixed: New versions of all the FXpansion plugins, fixing various bugs.
- Fixed: Issue with Auria incorrectly reporting the transport state and positions to IAA plugins.
The app is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / Auria
Positive Grid has announced the release of Final Touch – Complete Mastering System for iPad, a suite that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design.
The Final Touch app offers the highest mastering control, precision and flexibility possible on an iPad.
“Final Touch allows musicians, producers and engineers to master audio recording with the industry’s standards: maximizer, pre and post equalizer, multiband dynamics, stereo imaging, reverb and dithering controls are all just one finger tap away”, says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And now they will be able to continue their mastering sessions literally anywhere, with the same sound quality as a top notch professional mastering studio, enhancing productivity to its maximum.”
Final Touch combines seven essential mastering tools into one integrated system, the Pre and Post linear phase EQ modules consist of eight independent bands, each providing a choice of five different types of parametric filters: Hi-Pass, Low-Shelf, Peak, Hi-Shelf and Low-Pass. The Dynamics module offer highly flexible stereo/mid-side multiband compressor/limiter. The Stereo Imaging module adjusts the width of your mix, corrects L/R channel imbalances and checks mono compatibility. The Reverb module offers flattering room, hall and plate algorithms to sweeten overly dry mixes, providing continuously variable controls for independently adjusting Pre-Delay, Decay Time, Early Reflections and Room Size. The Maximizer module limits peaks and raises the average level of your mix, thereby increasing loudness. Comprehensive dither and noise-shaping options are also provided in this module.
Once your master is perfectly dialed, a couple taps are all it takes to share it via email, Dropbox, iTunes and SoundCloud.
Final Touch features
- Complete professional mastering system powered by Positive Grid’s high-end signal-processing algorithms.
- Linear Phase Pre and Post Equalizers, each offering eight bands and five filter types.
- Multiband Dynamics with four independent bands of compression/limiting.
- Stereo Imager adjusts the width and balance of your mix’s soundstage.
- Reverb provides state-of-the-art Room, Hall and Plate algorithms.
- Maximizer transparently limits peaks to make your mix louder.
- Dithering and Noise-Shaping preserves your mix’s depth and nuance.
- Stereo and mid-side processing.
- High-resolution, multi-colored metering with accurate readouts.
- Each module can be independently bypassed.
- Bypass switches for individual EQ bands.
- Left, right, mid and side channels can be independently soloed or bypassed.
- Waveform overview of your mix, with draggable playback cursor.
- 100 factory presets and unlimited user presets.
- Global and module-based presets.
- Drag and drop modules to rearrange their order in the signal path.
- Pristine, high-resolution sound (double-precision, 64-bit calculation).
- Unmatched audio-data integrity: no rounding or truncation except when calculations are performed.
- Share via Email, Dropbox, iTunes, SoundCloud and FTP.
- Streamlined project management: browse multiple projects with one simple tap.
- Workflow optimized for mobile and desktop data transfers.
- Supports Inter App Audio and Audiobus routing system (works with many other audio apps).
- Supports iPad 2, iPad mini and newer iPad devices.
- Designed for iOS 7.
Final Touch for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / Final Touch
batZode has announced Blowfinger, an app that turns any iPad into a breath or wind controller.
Musicians blow across an iPhone mic – or any other mic – and the wind noise is converted into a MIDI continuous controller. The instrument can send notes from the onscreen keyboard or woodwind touch keys (which use a very simple and intuitive fingering system). Or it can just function as a MIDI breath controller.
“We designed this app to take the place of expensive, inferior hardware breath controllers,” programmer Stephan Podell says. “It’s also a fantastic auxiliary controller for playing MIDI instruments.”
- Blowfinger Keyboard mode
- Velocity-sensitive keyboard allows you to glide between notes in a way not possible on a regular keyboard, making this an excellent musical performance addition to any set-up.
- Use the eight utility pads with user text labels to send program changes or keyswitches. Or use them to play drums and percussion – they’re velocity-sensitive.
- The XY pad offers additional expressive control in both axes, and it can be set to snap back to zero, to the center, or stay where you release it. Choose which MIDI controller is sent in each direction.
- Transpose octaves up or down with one tap (either or both keyboard manuals).
- Blowfinger Wind mode
- Simplified fingerings based on recorder or Boehm system allow anyone who’s ever played a wind instrument to pick up Blowfinger right away. You switch octaves with your left thumb, so once you know one octave you know them all.
- One size fits all. The keys and the thumb pads can be resized, moved, and stretched all over the screen. Play the instrument on your lap or perhaps a desk in front of you, or move the pads to the sides and hold the iPad up to your belly.
- XY right thumb pad. This has the same features as the one in Keyboard Mode, with your choice of snap back behavior and MIDI controllers.
- General features
- Blowfinger can work as a breath controller without sending notes; in Breath-only mode, blow without fingering and it sends a MIDI controller.
- Simultaneous support for Network MIDI over Wi-Fi, hardware MIDI, and inter-application MIDI to control synths running on the same iPad. Also supports rpMIDI for wireless MIDI on Windows.
- While it feels great right away, you can personalize the breath response to suit your preference and also to adjust for noisy environments.
- Global transposition so you can play in the key of Cb without getting angry.
Blowfinger is available to purchase for $17.99 USD.
More information: batZode