Primal Audio has launched FM4, a synthesizer app for iOS.
FM4 is a four operator FM synthesizer for iPad. Modelled on the first commercially available FM synths from the 1980s FM4 provides the same gritty sound, with a modern interface, and without being bound by the limitations of the original units. For example we have thrown in an arpeggiator, a thick unison mode, and a pitch envelope with a tweakable curve ideal for percussive sounds. Thus FM4 is capable of producing a multitude of sounds, ranging from punchy basses, crystal-clear bells, and lush pads, to organic textures, striking drums, and piercing leads.
- 4 operators, configurable via eight different routings.
- 3 sound engines modelled on 1980s hardware units.
- 8 waveforms derived from classic FM synths.
- Unison: 2x, 3x, and 4x — works in polyphonic mode.
- Microtuning with eight different temperaments.
- Arpeggiator, tempo-syncable with up, down, up-down, and random patterns.
- Connectivity: supports Inter-App Audio, Background Audio, and MIDI (Audiobus is planned).
- Polyphonic: 8 voices on iPad-mini/iPad 2, 24 voices on iPad Air.
- 128 Presets organised into eight banks — user presets can be imported/exported through iTunes.
The app is available for purchase for the introductory price of $0.99 USD through December, 2014.
More information: Primal Audio
Audanika has announced the release of Soundprism Electro, a brand new addition to the SoundPrism family.
The new app features a vastly improved sound engine, which is now capable of allowing the user to play multiple sounds at the same time while ensuring rock solid performance. SoundPrism Electro’s new input modes enable musicians to control bass, chords and melody with just just one tap. Another new feature of SoundPrism Electro is the ribbon controller which enables musicians to perform more expressively. With its full support for Virtual MIDI, SoundPrism Electro is an excellent MIDI controller allowing users to control other music apps in real time. The internal sound engine can also be controlled by other MIDI capable apps or hardware controllers.
SoundPrism Electro’s brand new interactive tutorial system, which explains each part of the app step by step, reacts to users’ input and guides them through Electro’s beautiful interface.
SoundPrism Electro is compatible with iPad 2 and newer devices and requires iOS 8.0. Audanika is part of the team behind Audiobus, so it’s no surprise that SoundPrism Electro is fully compatible with Audiobus, including support for Audiobus state saving.
SoundPrism Electro is available for purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD/£2.99 GBP/4.49 EUR.
More information: Audanika / Soundprism Electro
Taika Systems has released Photosphore, a flock synthesizer app for iOS.
Photophore is a unique instrument that uses flocks of up to 100 sound generators to create rich, organic synthesizer sounds.
By controlling the behavior of the flocks you can make Photophore sound like a choir of synthesizers or, at more extreme settings, a swarm of angry insects.
- Unique flock synthesis engine.
- Up to 100 oscillators per patch.
- Monophonic or polyphonic operation (up to 6 voices).
- 6 oscillator waveforms (saw, square, pulse and more).
- Low pass/High pass filter with resonance.
- Dedicated amplitude and filter envelopes.
- Stereo echo effect.
The Photosphore app is available for purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD until January 10th, 2015 (20% off regular). Requires iOS 7.
More information: Taika Systems / Photosphore
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2014 - 0 comments
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble 3, the new version of its dedicated Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
After being completely redesigned from the ground up last year for the release of its successful version 2, this new incarnation of the popular Ableton Live touch-controller offers a vast array of new and improved features and finally connects via a simple USB cable.
touchAble 3 also now includes the new Live Device Template Pack, available as an in-app purchase, which provides 42 new templates for Live’s Instruments and Effects, all closely resembling their counterparts in look & feel.
touchAble 3 for iPad is available for purchase for $24.99 USD. The Live Device Template Pack is available as an in-app purchase for $21.99 USD.
touchAble MINI for iPhone and iPod is $9.99 USD, and a bundle of touchAble 3 and touchAble MINI is on sale for $28.99 USD for a limited time.
More information: touchAble
Olympia Noise Co. has released version 1.1 of Ondes, a fun and expressive musical instrument for iPad.
Inspired by early electronic instruments such as the Ondes Martenot and the Theremin, Ondes emulates the fluid playing style of those classic instruments with an interface and synthesis engine firmly grounded in the present day.
Changes in Ondes v1.1
- Swarm Oscillators – Two extra oscillators to thicken your sound. Detune them and tell them lag behind to create a swarm effect.
- Hold Button – Press the ‘hold’ button to sustain notes indefinitely. Play melodies over top or move the sustained notes around.
- MIDI Mode – You can now control other synths and electronic instruments with Ondes using MIDI. Please read the instructions though — there are a few things you should know about first!
- New Modulation Parameters – The Y Axis can now control more parameters: Assign the Y Axis to control wavetable LFO rate & depth. Assign the Y Axis to control filter LFO rate & depth. Adjust the Y Axis to control volume from -100% to 100%
- Inter App Audio Transport – Using Ondes as an instrument in Garageband or other DAW just got easier! You can you control the play, record, and rewind buttons from right inside Ondes.
- Keyboard Range – Choose between small (1.5 octave) and large (2.5 octave) range for the keyboard.
- Snapping – New “Scale” and “Chromatic” snapping modes.
- Scales – In the mood for some modes? How about the “prometheus” scale? Choose from a bunch of pre-loaded scales or create your own. Save and reuse your custom scale types!
- Tuning Systems – Put all that microtonal space to good use with alternate tuning systems. Choose from experimental and traditional tuning systems such as Just Intonation, Pythagorean, and Highland Bagpipe tuning. Create your own tunings or import & export .scala files. (Some limitations apply)
- Tuning Reference – Ever feel like A440 isn’t right for you? How about A415? That’s more like it.
Ondes for iPad is available for purchase for $7.99 USD.
More information: Olympia Noise / Ondes
More posts that match this tag
iMusicAlbum has released version 1.7 of its AltiSpace convolution reverb app for iPad and iPhone. The realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! Includes a large built-in library of the highest … read more
Klevgränd Produktion has announced the release of Svep, a modulation plug-in for iOS. Svep offers two separate modulation effects on each channel. By tweaking the parameters the user can achieve phaser, flanger, and chorus effects … read more
Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS. Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a … read more
Sugar Bytes has announced the release of Egoist for the iPad, a mobile version of the beat-making software. Enjoy beat making in a ultra mobile way. Screw up your music library and turn any sound … read more
Positive Grid has announced the release of the Guitar Production Bundle for iPad, a bundle of its most successful guitar and audio post production apps – JamUp Pro, BIAS, and Final Touch, offering the ultimate … read more
Outbound link: Positive Grid
– Related: bass guitar
, multi fx
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Nov 19, 2014 - 0 comments
Mackie has announced the availability of Master Fader v3.0, a free controller app for all Mackie DL Series mixers (DL32R, DL1608, and DL806). With massive upgrades built specifically for professional applications, Master Fader v3.0 not … read more
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 1.7 of MultitrackStudio for iPad, an audio/MIDI multitrack recording app for iOS. It comes with many high quality audio effects including a guitar amp simulator. Both audio and MIDI … read more
Camel Audio has announced version 2.3.11 of Alchemy Mobile, a free synthesizer app for iPad and iPhone. v2.3.11 of Camel Audio’s Alchemy Mobile Synth app, is now available. v2.3.11 includes multiple improvements to performance, particularly … read more
Auxy has introduced Auxy, a free music app for iPad. Auxy introduces a new way to make modern music on iPad. With a clean interface, stripped of unnecessary complexity, it encourages users to dive straight … read more
Moog Music has released a free Theremini Advanced Software Editor for iPad. Unlock your Theremini’s previously unseen world of sonic features with The Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor. This editor puts the power of sound … read more
Klevgränd Production has launched Vandelay, a delay effect for iOS and AU. Vandelay provides three separate delays in as many frequency regions. Each delay has an LFO that modulates the pitch of the audio stream. … read more
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app. The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track … read more
iMusicAlbum has released version 1.5 of AltiSpace, a convolution reverb app for iPad and iPhone. AltiSpace includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to … read more
Positive Grid has announced that version 1.1.0 of its Final Touch audio post production system for iOS now includes real-time auditioning through the Apple AAC encoder, which provides accurate level metering and preparation for Mastered … read more
Arturia has announced the release of iProphet for iPad, an authentic emulation of the vintage Prophet VS digital vector synthesizer by Sequential Circuits. Rediscover a legendary synthesizer from the 80’s, the Prophet VS. Take place … read more