Franke Music has released version 2 of its Stroke Machine drum and groove synthesizer and sequencer app for iPad.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremly fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
Changes in Stroke Machine v2.0
- Maximum settings of Bar, Beat and Step highly increased (up to 16 bars with 16 beats with 16 steps in each pattern).
- AudioBus 2 support including saving and loading of the current Stroke Machine kit.
- Added Mix view with important mix parameters for the percussion and melody sounds like Mute, Solo, Volume, Pan, FX Bus and FX Send. To automate them, activate the respective Modulation Sequence.
- Added Pad view with big, velocity-sensitive pads for the 12 percussion sounds.
- Added MIDI channel selection for each melody sound and all percussion sounds to 1 to 16, Omni (all channels) and Off (no channel).
- Layer sounds by setting several parts to the same MIDI channel.
- Added Route button.
- Added Internal/External Sequencer button.or the sequencer of the host app.
- Added MIDI Learn.
- Added MIDI Program Change reception.
- Changed Master Volume to only control the volume of Stroke Machine rather than the overall iPad volume.
- Added Clear Pattern button in Kit view.
- Added LFO phase beat sync.
- Fixed crash when tapping Next or Previous Kit while in topmost library folder.
- Fixed crash with Share Kit/Sound on iOS 6.
- Fixed crash when editing notes while recording.
- Fixed freeze when an interruption occured such as an incoming Skype call.
- Fixed an issue with soloed parts when loading a kit.
- Fixed possible double playback of notes on first step when syncing to MIDI Clock.
- Fixed LFO rate exceeding valid bounds.
Stroke Machine for iPad is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Franke Music
Patchworks has released version 1.2 of the Conductr Ableton Live controller app for iPad app, featuring a new 4-dimensional XY pad.
After its successful transition to a freemium model last June, Conductr takes a step further and launches a long awaited feature: the XY-4D pad.
Many Conductr users have been asking for an XY pad for months. But the Conductr developers didn’t want to release a XY just like any other. So they took their time to create the Conductr XY-4D pad.
A Conductr XY-4D pad can be created just like a User Module, and can contain 4 fx units. Each unit allows you to control up to 4 parameters: one horizontally (X), one vertically (Y), one by pinching (Z) and one on/off parameter when tapping (K). So you can control up to 16 parameters in a single module, and even have up to 64 parameters at your fingertips in the Playground with the 4 user modules view mode.
Last but not least: each XY-4D unit has a reset and a freeze mode. You can go as crazy as you want and never get lost.
Changes in Conductr v1.2
- New: 4-dimensional XY pad:
- Each XY-4D pad can contain up to 4 fx units.
- Control up to 4 parameters in a single fx unit: one horizontally (X), one vertically (Y), one by pinching (Z) and one on/off parameter by tapping (K).
- Each fx unit has a reset and a freeze mode.
- Control 16 parameters in a single XY-4D pad.
- Control up to 64 parameters with the Playground’s 4 User Modules view mode.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
From now on, the Conductr free basic version will include one XY-4D fx unit. Users can purchase the Premium User Modules to get unlimited User Modules featuring a complete XY-4D pad on each module.
More information: Conductr
Native Instruments has released version 1.5 of Traktor DJ, a DJ mixing app for iOS.
Create mixes in seconds with TRAKTOR DJ for iOS. Touch and manipulate music as waveforms on your iOS device using hand gestures you already know. This isn’t just an app – this is as close to the music as it gets.
Changes in Traktor DJ v1.5.1
- New SuperSlicer feature available for in-app purchase.
- History Playlists remember what you play so you don’t have to.
- Beat Grid improvements with pinch-to-zoom and magnetic snapping.
- Some bugfixes for the browser.
- Enhanced performance on latest generation devices.
Traktor DJ is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor DJ
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7.
Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides professional audio quality when finalizing your mix. It can be used for processing audio files and as final sound processor for a mixing console (with external audio interface).
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.7
- Supports 96 kHz / 32-bit audio processing.
- Supports Audiobus 2.x in Input, Effect and Output slots.
- Added Audiobus “State Saving” feature.
- New Stereo Imaging process options.
- New color schemes.
- Built-in description updated.
- Minor bug fixes.
The app is available for purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering
Cakewalk has released version 1.3 of Z3TA+ iOS, a synthesizer app for iPad.
The legendary Z3TA+ synthesizer has been used on countless records, and it’s distinctive sound has been a staple of electronic artists the world over. And now Z3TA+ iOS puts the full power of Z3TA+2 on your iPad. Packed with hundreds of presets, modulatable waveshaping, dual mode filters, and flexible effects, Z3TA+ iOS is the perfect creative synth for making music anywhere, anytime.
Changes in Z3TA+ iOS v1.3
- Import Z3TA+ presets from iOS, or Z3TA+ 2 Plug-in, available on Windows & OS X.
- Import User Waves, MIDI Arps, Scala Tuning files, and presets via iTunes Sharing.
- Export Z3TA+ iOS presets via AirDrop, or email.
- Capability to search presets.
- Capability to create preset “favorites”.
- Scala tuning support.
- Copy / Paste Functionality for individual Oscillators, Envelope Generators, Low Frequency Oscillators, and Delay Effects.
- “Please Rate This App” Button in Options Menu.
Z3TA+ iOS is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The update is free for current Z3TA+ iOS owners.
More information: Cakewalk / Z3TA+ iOS
Klevgränd Production has released version 1.1 of the SquashIt multiband distortion app for iOS.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset. SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
Version 1.1 adds support for AudioBus 2 including state saving! It is also universal and works on iPhone 4S and later.
- SquashIt! is Inter app audio (IAA) compatible. This means you can use it with Garageband or other IAA compatible sequencers.
- AudioBus 2 compatible (including state saving).
- Load / Save presets.
- Remembers IAA hosts (will automatically load last used settings when a host connects).
- Low cpu usage.
- Simple but yet powerful user interface.
The app is available for purchase for $2.99 USD. SquashIt is also available for Mac (AU) as freeware.
More information: Klevgränd Production / SquashIt
Simmons has announced the release of the new Stryke6 drum controller.
The new Stryke6 is the first ever iPad® controller that delivers a full drum kit playing experience without the kit. Combining Simmons’ expertise in electronic drum kits with their unrivaled ergonomic design, the Stryke6 is the only product of its kind that works in concert with your iPad to deliver a real tactile playing experience in a compact, tabletop design.
Equipped with six velocity-sensitive pads plus two foot pedals for kick and hi-hat control, the laptop-sized Stryke6 is perfect for on-the-go playing, portable practice, and other times when a full kit is not a viable option.
Using the free Simmons Stryke Drums app, the Stryke6 easily connects to an iPad for an immediate, out of the box playing experience, including a wide range of sounds. Or connect via USB to any computer to trigger a variety of DAW applications and sample programs, including Garage Band, EZ Drummer, Logic, Ableton Live, and more.
For drummers and percussionists, Stryke6 is an ideal portable setup for small acoustic gigs, or as a compact practice kit for small spaces or mobile music making. For small project studios and songwriting setups, it makes a great tactile instrument for tracking drums into a DAW or sequencing program.
- Versatile, first-ever iPad-based drum controller.
- Can also be used with any USB/MIDI computer.
- Ultra-small footprint with 6 velocity-sensitive drum pads.
- Access to a wide range of sounds.
- Kick and hi-hat pedals provide a real drum playing experience.
- Works with most MIDI applications.
- Free and fun, downloadable Stryke Drums iPad app (from the Apple App Store).
- Learn to play drums in an engaging, interactive environment using app-based tutorials and the color-coded pads.
- Includes drum sticks and connections for Lighting and 30pin iPads and USB.
Stryke6 is available for purchase for $129.99 USD.
More information: Simmons / Stryke6