Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.3
- Implements latest Audiobus SDK (v2.1.5).
- MediaBay folders remember their state.
- Loading times of projects (subsequent loads) and undo/redo times have been greatly improved.
- Inserting Cubasis as input and output in Audiobus now works as expected again.
- Fixes a problem where triggering Cubasis with specific hardware controllers could lead to hanging and missing notes.
- Fixes an issue where the use of sustain led to hanging notes.
- Deleted audio events will now be restored correctly when performing Undo or project renaming tasks.
- Solves a critical issue where performing Undo on an edited audio file could result in data loss.
- Fixes a problem where trimmed audio events could not be restored to their original state.
- Cycle playback in audio editor now works as expected.
- Changing the locator position in the audio editor no longer results in start of playback.
- Fixes a rare issue where the playback in the audio editor could be started twice simultaneously.
- Playhead located in audio editor remains in its current position once playback has been stopped.
- Fixes a graphical issue that appeared at maximum magnification in the audio editor.
- The audio editor’s rewind button no longer triggers a playhead preview sound.
- Fixes a problem where selecting no instrument on an audio track renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Dropping files from the MediaBay onto frozen tracks is no longer possible.
- Fixes a problem where file renaming with special characters (such as emoticons) could lead to missing audio files.
- Undo steps remain available once a project has been renamed.
- Fixes a rare problem where no audio event is created after audio has been recorded.
- Glueing MIDI parts no longer restores hidden events.
- Switching from bars to seconds and performing zoom and scroll gestures no longer leads to fade out of the audio editor ruler labels.
- Several In-App help iOS 8 improvements.
- Scrolling the In-App help content on devices with iOS 8 now works as expected.
- Fixes an intermittent issue on devices with iOS 8 where the home button of the In-App help became non-functional.
- Fixes a rare problem where the Audiobus panel remained empty (app icons and controls were missing).
- AudioCopy rendered Cubasis unreliable.
- Use of Undo/redo lead in some cases to loss of audio file data.
- A problem with the positioning of automation events has been solved.
- Help typo correction.
The app is available for purchase for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Sugar Bytes has announced the release of Egoist for the iPad, a mobile version of the beat-making software.
Enjoy beat making in a ultra mobile way. Screw up your music library and turn any sound file into monstrous beats and tricky breaks. Explore the fun of using Egoist in every situation imaginable.
Egoist iPad offers the full functionality of the desktop version and is compatible to Audiobus 2 and Inter-App Audio. Egoist iPad is now available on the app store.
Egoist iPad Edition
- Quick + Easy track sketching, based on sample slicing.
- Minimal, yet effective bass line.
- Unique beat box with more than 1000 drums from vintage to electronic.
- Effect Sequencer.
- Randomizers in all areas.
- Inter-App Audio.
- Audiocopy / Audiopaste.
- Full Midi Support (Virtual, Network, Extern).
- Music Library Access.
- iTunes File Sharing.
The Egoist app is available at an introductory 33% discount until December 1st, 2014 (regular $29.99 USD).
More information: Sugar Bytes / Egoist iPad Edition
Related: bass guitar
, multi fx
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Nov 19, 2014 - 0 comments
Positive Grid has announced the release of the Guitar Production Bundle for iPad, a bundle of its most successful guitar and audio post production apps – JamUp Pro, BIAS, and Final Touch, offering the ultimate solution for mobile recording guitarists and bassists.
Users can now create and design their own dream amp with BIAS, add stunning vintage and modern effects with JamUp, and professionally polish their final mixes with Final Touch, all right in their iPad at a greatly reduced price.
Guitar Production Bundle for iPad features
- JamUp — JamUp Pro is a complete powerhouse multi-effects processor for guitar and bass. It offers over 100 amps and effects, GarageBand integration, looper, iTunes player with tempo/pitch control, built-in tuner and metronome, live-view, preset manager, MIDI support, and more.
- BIAS — BIAS is an amp designer, modeler and processor that includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Users can modify these amps and virtually build their custom amps by swapping out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic to create their own distinctive signature sound. Users can also upload their amp creations to ToneCloud, BIAS’ own amp-sharing platform, to share their custom presets with other users.
- Final Touch — Final Touch combines seven essential mastering tools into one integrated system: Pre and Post Linear Phase EQ modules, a Dynamics module with a highly flexible stereo/mid-side multiband compressor/limiter, Stereo Imaging, Reverb, and a Maximizer with Comprehensive Dithering and noise-shaping options. The final mix can be exported and shared via email, Dropbox, iTunes and SoundCloud.
The Guitar Production Bundle for iPad is available for purchase for $29.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid
Mackie has announced the availability of Master Fader v3.0, a free controller app for all Mackie DL Series mixers (DL32R, DL1608, and DL806).
With massive upgrades built specifically for professional applications, Master Fader v3.0 not only offers the tools pros need for the all-new DL32R, it delivers huge benefits to any DL1608 or DL806 user.
“Master Fader is designed from the ground up for wireless mixing. It’s the most intuitive and easy-to-use live sound control app out there,” commented Ben Olswang, Mackie Senior Product Manager. “Now, with a fresh user interface that delivers faster workflow and a whole new toolset designed to meet the rigorous demands of professional live sound applications, Master Fader is better and more powerful than ever.”
Changes in Master Fader v3.0 features
- Support for the new Mackie DL32R.
- Upgraded user interface for faster workflow
- More information available at a glance for faster navigation.
- New navigation bar with instant access to overview, mixer and channel view.
- Improved current parameter display that reads more clearly and includes channel color.
- Better access to secondary views.
- Updated channel strips provides more channel information at a glance.
- Added Overview showing all input and output channels at once for fast, simple navigation.
- Added 4 subgroups with stereo linking and dedicated processing on each subgroup.
- Added 4 VCAs for professional control over groups of channels.
- Added digital trim on each input, providing additional input gain control when working wirelessly.
- Added Routing view providing complete channel routing in one place for inputs, groups and outputs.
- Added Custom Channel colors and Mix colors for visually differentiated channels, groups and outputs.
- Updated Selector area adds mute group and view group controls along with a new Masters selector. Together, these 4 selectors control what inputs and outputs are visible.
- Updated Shows view allows user to add a comment to each show. Added created/modified dates to each show for improved organization.
- Added flexible Record Output patching with record levels.
- Added digital Level and Delay control for headphone output.
- Updated Preset workflow with new location right at the channel.
- Added ability to export presets, shows and backups via Dropbox or email.
- Added ability to import presets, shows and backups from 3rd party apps supporting Open In…
Master Fader v3.0 is now available as a free download from the App Store. Master Fader 3.0 is compatible with Mackie My Fader v3.0 (available soon). It is not compatible with My Fader v2.0. Do not update to Master Fader 3.0 at this time if you still need My Fader 2.0 control.
More information: Mackie
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 1.7 of MultitrackStudio for iPad, an audio/MIDI multitrack recording app for iOS.
It comes with many high quality audio effects including a guitar amp simulator. Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include pianoroll, drum and score editors.
The straightforward user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. It’s easy to use yet powerful.
Changes in MultitrackStudio for iPad v1.7
- ‘Export MIDI Tracks’ and ‘Export Mix’ can export via email (as .mid and .m4a file respectively).
- Other apps can open audio and MIDI files in MultitrackStudio via ‘open in’. Works with the Mail app for example.
- Note velocity editor now has ‘draw’ mode.
- Score editor: MORE button menu now features all options from the missing SEL button menu (Select Right etc.).
- GM SoundFonts can be used as default MIDI instrument (in Preferences pane).
- ‘Ultra Low’ option added to Audio Latency box (in Devices pane). It equals 128 frames buffer size.
- Extension Pack now features effect and instrument user presets.
- Fixed: swiping with two fingers over empty space below tracks could cause app to hang.
- Fixed: app crashed on importing extremely large files via AudioShare.
The app is available for purchase for $29.99 USD.
More information: Bremmers Audio Design / MultitrackStudio for iPad
More posts that match this tag
Camel Audio has announced version 2.3.11 of Alchemy Mobile, a free synthesizer app for iPad and iPhone. v2.3.11 of Camel Audio’s Alchemy Mobile Synth app, is now available. v2.3.11 includes multiple improvements to performance, particularly … read more
Auxy has introduced Auxy, a free music app for iPad. Auxy introduces a new way to make modern music on iPad. With a clean interface, stripped of unnecessary complexity, it encourages users to dive straight … read more
Moog Music has released a free Theremini Advanced Software Editor for iPad. Unlock your Theremini’s previously unseen world of sonic features with The Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor. This editor puts the power of sound … read more
Klevgränd Production has launched Vandelay, a delay effect for iOS and AU. Vandelay provides three separate delays in as many frequency regions. Each delay has an LFO that modulates the pitch of the audio stream. … read more
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app. The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track … read more
iMusicAlbum has released version 1.5 of AltiSpace, a convolution reverb app for iPad and iPhone. AltiSpace includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to … read more
Positive Grid has announced that version 1.1.0 of its Final Touch audio post production system for iOS now includes real-time auditioning through the Apple AAC encoder, which provides accurate level metering and preparation for Mastered … read more
Arturia has announced the release of iProphet for iPad, an authentic emulation of the vintage Prophet VS digital vector synthesizer by Sequential Circuits. Rediscover a legendary synthesizer from the 80’s, the Prophet VS. Take place … read more
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 1.5 of the iOS version of the MultitrackStudio audio/MIDI multi-track recording app. It’s even easier to use, even more straightforward and even more fun. Think MultitrackStudio but leave out … read more
XMonsta has released version 2.0 of its PULL Ableton Device Editor for iPad. PULL – is the iPad TouchScreen Device Editor for Ableton Live 9. Built in Max for Live and Lemur, it offers the … read more
Algoriddim has released version 2.6 of djay 2 for iOS, a DJ mixing app featuring new content, new MIDI controller support, improved Spotify integration and lots of other improvements. djay transforms your iPad into a … read more
Futucraft has released version 1.0.13 of Cotracks, a collaborative music studio for teamwork on a single iPad. With Cotracks you can create multiple layers of loops and phrases using multiple instruments. Cotracks is designed to … read more
Line 6 has introduced its new Sonic Port VX audio interface. Sonic Port VX is the only iOS audio interface that puts the power of a mobile studio into the hands of songwriters on the … read more
Korg has released version 1.0.3 of Gadget, a mobile synth collection app for iPad. Announcing a powerful new update for KORG Gadget; the multi-track music creation app that has ranked at number one in the … read more
Franke Music has released version 2 of its Stroke Machine drum and groove synthesizer and sequencer app for iPad. Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute … read more