apeSoft has announced the release of iVCS3, an official emulation of the EMS VCS3 modular synthesizer, now available for iPad.
VCS3 portable semi-modular analog synthesizer now available for iPad.
The VCS3 has three oscillators (in reality, the first 2 oscillators are normal oscillators and the 3rd an LFO or Low Frequency Oscillator), a noise generator, two input amplifiers, a ring modulator, a 18dB/octave (pre-1974) or 24dB/octave (after 1974) voltage controlled low pass filter (VCF), a trapezoid envelope generator, joy-stick controller, voltage controlled spring reverb unit and 2 stereo output amplifiers.
Unlike most modular synthesizer systems which use cables to link components together, the VCS3 uses a distinctive patch board matrix into which pins are inserted in order to connect its components together.
The iVCS3 is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
To celebrate the launch of iVCS3, the iDensity, iPulsaret, and Stria apps are on sale for $4.99 USD for 2 weeks.
More information: apeSoft
Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: Faber Acoustical / RoomScope
VirSyn has announced microTERA for iPad, a virtual wave shaping synthesizer instrument.
Wave Shaping Synthesis is a type of distortion synthesis that can create dynamic spectra in a controlled way. In waveshaping it is possible to change the spectrum with the amplitude of the sound. A simple example of this method is the clipping caused by overdriving an audio amplifier.
The waveshaper is the core of microTERA’s synthesis engine. It works as a distortion unit that takes up to three sine waves as input and delivers an arbitrary spectrum as output.
microTERA gives you also a unique method of getting randomly generated sound patches in a way you never experienced before: roll the dice!
Every single try gives you a new unique sound patch, really every try, promised…
microTERA for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / microTERA for iPad
IK Multimedia has announced the release of GrooveMaker 2 for iPad, the most powerful mobile loop based music making app with a patented “groove generator” engine that lets anyone create professional quality non-stop grooves, beats and songs in real time.
GrooveMaker 2.1 adds universal compatibility that provides iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of professional tools and effects for creating music and grooves on the go on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a completely new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build grooves and complete songs.
GrooveMaker 2 gives users total control over the creation, mixing and remixing process from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls. With GrooveMaker 2, anyone can make music and be a DJ, anywhere, any time.
GrooveMaker 2 for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / GrooveMaker 2 for iPad
Cakewalk has announced the release of Z3TA+ for iOS, bringing the waveshaping synthesizer to the iPad.
The legendary Z3TA+ synthesizer has been used on countless records, and it’s distinctive sound has been a staple of electronic artists the world over. Now Z3TA+ iOS puts the full power of Z3TA+ on your iPad.
Packed with hundreds of presets, real-time oscillator modulation, dual mode filtering, and flexible effects. Z3TA+ iOS is the perfect creative toolkit for making music anywhere, anytime.
Z3TA+ for iOS features
- Includes over 500 presets.
- Inter-App Audio, Background Audio and AudioBus support.
- Classic waveshaping Z3TA+ 2 synth engine with 6 Oscillators, 6 LFO’s and more.
- Modulation Matrix including 16 Sources, Curves, Controls and Destinations.
- Advanced modular effects including Distortion, Mod, Compression and more.
- External MIDI control and user-friendly onboard Keyboard.
- Performance section with Tap Tempo, assignable XY Pad, Mod Wheels, and User Controlled In-Key Pitch Bend.
The app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Cakewalk / Z3TA+ for iOS
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad.
The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number of sonic improvements over its initial iPad version debut, as well as the addition of ToneCloud, the industry’s first cloud-based amp sharing social platform. With BIAS for iPhone, users are able to create and share their own custom amp creations with fellow musicians as well as download, like and comment on the creations of others.
“With this new version of BIAS, musicians can own, design and share an infinite collection of highly realistic sounding amps right in their iPhones,” says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And we know that a lot of them want to rock the stage with BIAS, so, with our upcoming BT-4 Bluetooth controller rounding out the complete product ecosystem, they’ll be ready to live the whole BIAS experience anywhere.”
BIAS for iPhone features
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- ToneCloud amp sharing platform.
- Designed for iOS7.
- Compatible with iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4s or superior.
BIAS for iPhone and iPod touch is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (regular $9.99 USD). Designed for iOS7, the app requires an iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4s (or newer) to operate.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Steinberg has announced the release of version 1.7.2 of its Cubasis multitouch sequencer app for the iPad.
This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis.
Changes in Cubasis v1.7.2
- Audio track playback performance has been drastically increased on all devices.
- Audio track freeze.
- Setup option to enlarge the audio recording buffer has been added.
- New latency setup option added (IO buffer size can be adjusted between 128/256/512).
- Maximum polyphony has been increased to a value of 128.
- New tracks will now be created below the selected track.
- CPU/Polyphony display has been overhauled (please refer to In-App help for more details).
- Newly created audio files appear highlighted in the MediaBay.
- A new overlay informs about imported files (replacing the previous popup).
- Separating files for tracks in mixdown now includes track names for each file.
- The touchable area of the preset selection arrows in Micrologue and Micro Sonic has been improved.
- Cycle mode is automatically activated when setting the locators to the selection by long tapping an event.
- Creating an event by double tapping in the arrange window area now automatically selects the corresponding track.
- MIDI tracks assigned to “No Instrument” now display drum pads instead of chord pads as an alternative to the keyboard.
- Several minor usability improvements.
- Fixed: CB-1308 Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.
- Fixed: CB-1451 Fixes an issue where glitches occurred when an IAA app was connected during playback.
- Fixed: CB-1456 The loading time of Cubasis projects that contain IAA apps has been lowered.
- Fixed: CB-1459 Fixes an issue where Inter-App Audio effects were ignored when performing a mixdown.
- Fixed: CB-1455 Fixes an issue where a mixdown or freeze of certain Inter-App Audio instrument apps lead to detuned audio material.
- Fixed: CB-1448 The iOS keyboard now closes automatically when the help screen is closed.
- Fixed: CB-1463 Transferring Mod wheel commands via MIDI out now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1464 Fixes a rare phenomenon where the preview of audio files (e.g. a mixdown) in the MediaBay played an outdated version of the file.
- Fixed: CB-1468 Fixes a rare phenomenon where audio tracks continued to play after the playback had been stopped.
- Fixed: CB-1453 Cycle playback on slower devices no longer results in unwanted audible clicks or crackles.
- Fixed: CB-1484 Fixes a rare issue where the instrument rack fails to open fully.
- Fixed: CB-1486 Fixes a rare issue where loading of duplicated snapshot project files fails.
- Fixed: CB-1501 MIDI input for multiple tracks on the same channel now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1502 AudioCopy of files that are not in 44.1kHz 16-bit format now works as expected.
The Cubasis app is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. The version 1.7.2 update can now be downloaded on the Apple App Store.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Kymatica has launched Sector, a stochastic sample slice sequencer for iPad.
Slice and sequence your loops with a network of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability-based coin-flipping pattern sequencer. Bend time with warp functions for glitches and modulations. Tweak and trigger in real time performance. Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.
Sector v0.9 features
- High quality 32-bit audio engine.
- Stream audio to other apps in Audiobus or Inter-App Audio.
- Import samples and loops from AudioShare or using “Open in” from other apps.
The next update will feature MIDI clock sync and in-app recording and exporting of loops.
Sector for iPad is available to purchase for $6.99 USD.
More information: Kymatica / Sector