PSOFT has announced the release of PSOFT Audio Player, a multipurpose music player app for iPhone/iPod touch.
PSOFT Audio Player is a special music player with which you can modify the sound however you like. It allows you to apply to the audio data various types of signal transformations in real-time, such as changing the playing speed and key, removing or extracting sound from a specified band, analyzing the musical scale and displaying chords, etc.
The app stands out due to its remarkable audio quality. With usual audio devices, changes to the key and playing speed almost always result in a noticeable degradation of the audio quality. However, by using our company’s “PhaseGear” technology, this app succeeds in reducing audio degradation to its utmost minimum. The result is surprisingly natural-sounding audio.
Use the app for all kinds of tasks such as ear training or language study by slowing down the playing speed, creating karaoke tracks by removing the vocals from the original track, listening to podcasts more efficiently by increasing the playing speed, etc.
The app is available for purchase for $7.99 USD.
More information: PSOFT
Novation has updated the LaunchPad App to version 1.6.1, which now supports iPhone.
We’ve just updated Launchpad app so it works on iPhone too! Now you can easily make and remix beats and electronic music directly on your iPhone, then record and share your performances online.
Launch up to eight loops at a time using a special 8×6 version of the Launchpad grid. Experiment with ready-to-perform sessions from a variety of genres, download new Launchpacks to expand your collection, or make custom sessions with your own sounds on iPad.
Built-in time stretching and synchronisation keep your loops locked in time, whilst you use volume sliders and filters to control your mix on iPad, and dynamic filter, gater, stutter and delay FX on iPhone.
LaunchPad App features
- Create and remix electronic music by combining loops and sounds from a huge catalogue of free, world-class Loopmasters content.
- Perform a unique set with powerful, dynamic DJ effects.
- Record and share your performances with your friends.
- Download cutting-edge soundpacks to inspire new creations.
- Create unique tracks by importing your own sounds (iPad only).
- Connect the app to your Novation Launchpad hardware for ultimate tactile control (iPad only).
The app is a free download at the iTunes App Store.
More information: Novation / LaunchPad App
iMusicAlbum has announced the release of AltiSpace, a convolution reverb for iPad and iPhone.
The realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! Includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to upload your own reverb space impulses. Intuitive and compact user interface for maximum ease and efficiency.
What is the convolution reverb?
Briefly, convolution reverb is based on a process that digitally ‘captures’ the reverb characteristics of another reverb effects unit or the reverb response of a real acoustic space. It is based on the mathematical convolution operation, and uses a pre-recorded audio sample of the impulse response of the device or space being modeled. The process of convolution multiplies each sample of the audio to be processed (reverberated) with the samples in the impulse response file.
- High-quality, fast convolution algorithm.
- Parametric equaliser with high and low pass filters.
- Impulse response envelope editor with “reverse” function.
- Amplitude and frequence modulator.
- Stereo width control.
- Built-in library that contains more than 200 impulse responses from famous analogue and digital reverbs.
- Upload additional impulse responses in different audio formats.
- Preset hotkeys, possibility to save current sample and its params.
The app is available for purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: iMusicAlbum / AltiSpace
Propellerhead Software has released Take, a free creative vocal recorder app for iOS.
Take Creative Vocal Recorder is your instantly available vocal recorder that helps you capture your lyric or song ideas before they are gone. With state-of-the-art recording and audio processing, your recordings will sound amazing too!
Take has three separate tracks for recording your own audio, so you can create overdubs or harmonies. Or even record your guitar! Take also comes with a bunch of factory made backing track Beats to help you get inspired – or simply to help you keep the tempo.
Tune your recording to perfection with mixing and effects. When you are happy with the results, share your music with your friends online!
- One-Tap Recording — With a single tap you’ll be recording, beatboxing, overdubbing and creating song ideas to share with your friends or the world.
- Loops & Rhythms — Kick-start your creativity—and stay in the groove—with built-in clicks, loops and beats.
- Three Parts Per Song — Add new parts, double them up and create harmonies. Take gives you three tracks per song to sketch out your ideas.
- Makes you sound great — Take’s processing and effects will make your iPhone’s built-in mic shine. Surprise yourself with how good you sound.
- Share with Your Friends — Instantly share your song ideas with friends via Facebook, Twitter and email.
Take for iOS is a free download from the iTunes App Store.
More information: Propellerhead / Take
Bartlomiej Niemtur has announced EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument), a trumpet practice app for your phone.
Struck by inspiration but got nothing to play on? Ever wanted to practice fingerings, but couldn’t?
Imagine what would it be to carry an instrument with you, ready to play anytime, anywhere. A tool that is practical, comfortable and fun.
Enter EVI app, an Electronic Valve Instrument, modeled after a real-world trumpet and adapted to your phone.
- Focuses on simplicity and usability.
- Big buttons, play even without looking at the screen.
- Valves placement and behaviour just like in the real trumpet.
- Practical, play any trumpet note, anytime, anywhere.
- Modern design, friendly interface, intuitive animations.
- Uses a simple, universal synth sound..
- No blowing into the microphone; use buttons instead. Three additional buttons correspond to blowing and embouchure changes, they’re easy to reach and provide a more comfortable experience.
The EVI app is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $1.99 USD.
More information: EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument)
Native Instruments has released version 1.1 of iMaschine, the beat sketchpad for iOS devices.
The latest version of the app is optimized for iPad, adapting to its larger screen layout. The update also includes a generous set of new sounds, iTunes sampling, and more.
iMASCHINE allows users to create music sketches on-the-go with their iPad or iPhone. With an eclectic selection of drums, synths, one-shots, and a built-in audio recorder, it is designed for on-the-go beatmaking.
The update features a new user interface and an optimized layout for iPhone 5, iPad and iPad mini. On the iPad, the modified interface allows two-handed operation: editing and performing functions are now on the same window as iMASCHINE’s 16 drum-pads, 2-octave keyboard and the audio-recorder, making its workflow even smoother. Aside from iMASCHINE’s standard library, the update also includes QUANTUM COLLECTION – a brand-new iMASCHINE Expansion featuring a choice selection of sounds from the recently released MASCHINE 2 Library. The new iTunes sampling allows users to capture parts from the music on their iOS device and edit the samples’ start and end points.
Writing and performing with iMASCHINE becomes easier, thanks to a number of helpful workflow enhancements. Intuitive XY performance controls are a new way to perform effects. A swipe redo/undo function is a welcome addition for an even faster workflow. Lastly, this iMASCHINE update adds a metronome on/off switch – a popular request from the iMASCHINE community. Anyone who already owns iMASCHINE gets this entire feature set, including QUANTUM COLLECTION, for free by updating the iMASCHINE app on their iOS device.
Changes in iMaschine v1.1
- iPad optimization for two handed-workflow.
- Sampling from iTunes.
- Free ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack.
- XY performance controls on mixer page.
- Swipe gestures for redo and undo.
- GUI facelift.
- Enhanced sample editing functionality, start and end point now adjustable.
- iPhone 5 screen support.
- Metronome on/off switch.
Current iMASCHINE owners get the update free by updating the iMASCHINE app on their iOS device. New customers can get iMASCHINE for $4.99 / 4.49 EUR / £2.99 GBP.
More information: Native Instruments / iMaschine
IK Multimedia has announced the release of the iRing motion-tracking controller for iDevices.
Originally presented at CES 2014, iRing is a wearable and affordable controller for iOS music apps and more. It allows touch-less parameter control via state-of-the-art motion-tracking technology.
iRing utilizes a wearable ring with identifiable markers, the mobile device’s front-facing camera, and advanced computer vision with highly-optimized recognition algorithms to determine the precise positioning of the ring markers. The device camera picks up the positioning of the ring patterns and the apps convert that information into music commands for dedicated app or MIDI information, which any compatible music app can read. This means that a user can operate up to six controllable music parameters in their preferred music apps with one or two hands gestures.
Also included are two free apps for music applications, which are intended for everyone from music lovers to DJs to seasoned musicians: iRing Music Maker and iRing FX/Controller.
iRing Music Maker is a free app designed to give music lovers and DJs a fun new way to create
music and grooves using hand gestures, no matter what their skill level. iRing Music Maker
utilizes music “loops” that always sound good together and can be remixed in virtually limitless
combinations by simply waving the hands with the iRing controllers in front of the device’s
camera. To learn more about iRing Music Maker, watch this video playlist.
iRing FX/Controller is the app for musicians and DJs that is both a real-time audio
effects processor and a MIDI controller with fully assignable parameters. It can be used as a
touch-less outboard audio effects processor, or can be fully configured to send multiple
simultaneous MIDI parameters such as control changes, notes, or any other MIDI messages.
To learn more about iRing Music Maker, watch this video playlist.
There is an SDK and a free licensing program available upon request for developers who want to integrate motion control into their apps.
The iRing is available for purchase in three colors (white, green and grey) for $24.99 USD / 19.99 EUR (ex. taxes). iRing FX/Controller and iRing Music Maker apps will be available as free downloads from the App Store.
More information: IK Multimedia / iRing