Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: Faber Acoustical / RoomScope
IK Multimedia has announced the release of GrooveMaker 2 for iPad, the most powerful mobile loop based music making app with a patented “groove generator” engine that lets anyone create professional quality non-stop grooves, beats and songs in real time.
GrooveMaker 2.1 adds universal compatibility that provides iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of professional tools and effects for creating music and grooves on the go on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a completely new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build grooves and complete songs.
GrooveMaker 2 gives users total control over the creation, mixing and remixing process from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls. With GrooveMaker 2, anyone can make music and be a DJ, anywhere, any time.
GrooveMaker 2 for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / GrooveMaker 2 for iPad
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad.
The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number of sonic improvements over its initial iPad version debut, as well as the addition of ToneCloud, the industry’s first cloud-based amp sharing social platform. With BIAS for iPhone, users are able to create and share their own custom amp creations with fellow musicians as well as download, like and comment on the creations of others.
“With this new version of BIAS, musicians can own, design and share an infinite collection of highly realistic sounding amps right in their iPhones,” says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And we know that a lot of them want to rock the stage with BIAS, so, with our upcoming BT-4 Bluetooth controller rounding out the complete product ecosystem, they’ll be ready to live the whole BIAS experience anywhere.”
BIAS for iPhone features
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- ToneCloud amp sharing platform.
- Designed for iOS7.
- Compatible with iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4s or superior.
BIAS for iPhone and iPod touch is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (regular $9.99 USD). Designed for iOS7, the app requires an iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4s (or newer) to operate.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Posted in news
on Feb 12, 2014
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble Mini, which takes the Ableton Live controller app to the iPhone and iPod touch.
Following the release of the revamped touchAble 2 app for iPad , touchAble Mini app brings most of the popular features and flexible workflow of the acclaimed release to the screen of the iPhone and iPod touch. Users have now full control of Ableton Live 8 & 9 in the palm of their hand.
Taking advantage of the complete rewritten code of its big brother touchAble 2 for iPad, touchAble Mini offers a tight, flexible workflow that can be adjusted to suit any Ableton Live users needs, in a very portable format, making it the most appropriated controller for Live in any circumstances.
The App has been perfectly shrunk down to fit the size of the screens found on the iPhone and iPod touch, and some elements such as the Main menu have been specially redesigned to provide a quick access to all the functionalities provided in this powerful pocket version. Combined with its strong integration in Live, its six different modules (Clips, Mixer, Devices, Keys, Pads, XY Pad) and a MDI Clip Editor, touchAble Mini covers every control element of Live’s session view in a very compact and elegant Interface.
touchAble Mini is designed to provide a powerful, intuitive, reliable and portable multitouch control solution for professional use.
touchAble Mini features
- Direct Access to Live’s Library.
- Powerful MIDI clip editing capabilities.
- Complete control of Ableton Live Session View.
- Smart Mixing tools.
- Control of Live Devices, VSTs and Audiounits.
- MIDI Instruments.
- Advanced XY Pad Module.
- Easy and reliable connection.
- Combine several touchAble sessions.
- MIDI hardware connection.
The touchAble mini app is available to purchase for the introductory price of $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: touchAble
Single Cell Software has updated its Caustic music app for iOS and Android to version 3.0.1.
Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Changes in Caustic v3.0.1
- Support for more .instr file formats.
- Fix for loading ZIP instrument format.
- Fixed occasional crash bug when deleting patterns.
- [iOS] Fix for audio coming out of phone receiver instead of speaker on iPhone.
- [iOS] Fix for Caustic’s audio cutting out when returning from other apps.
- [iOS] Fix for stuck MIDI notes.
- [iOS] Fix for missing .MID import.
- [iOS] SoundFont import tweaks.
- [iOS] Added advanced option to fill screen in landscape on iPad.
- [Android] Allow .MID file import in demo.
- [Android] Disable mic on certain Tegra devices.
- [Android] Improved MIDI device detection.
Caustic for iOS and Android is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Single Cell Software / Caustic
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 17, 2014
CEntrance has announced that it will be participating at the 2014 Winter NAMM show in Anaheim, CA.
This year, CEntrance will showcase its full line of products for recording and playback, including the best-selling HiFi-M8(r) DAC and amplifier for iPhone and the newly released MixerFace(r) mobile recording interface based on the same portable technology. The company’s exhibit will be located at booth 7327 in the Arena, located near Hall A.
MixerFace is a mobile recording interface that connects professional microphones with smartphones, tablets and laptops. The small, battery-powered device fits under an iPhone. It features two studio-grade microphone preamps and rich digital connectivity options, enabling professional-quality location recording. MixerFace integrates the smart phone into the audio production workflow, creating mobile recording capability for the modern, on-the-go musician, broadcaster and VO artist.
MixerFace is currently the subject of a successful crowd-funding effort on Indiegogo. The Indiegogo campaign lasts until January 31st, 2014.
More information: CEntrance / MixerFace
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014
Apogee Electronics has announced the release of MiC 96k, a professional quality microphone for GarageBand on iPad, iPhone and Mac.
Apogee MiC 96k is a digital microphone designed to deliver studio quality recording you can take anywhere. Use MiC 96k to record vocals, spoken word, acoustic guitar, piano, drums…anything! Inspired by the most revered and classic microphones in history, MiC 96k is designed to sound amazing and be easy to use with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
MiC 96k combines a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one compact device. Apogee has carefully designed each part of MiC 96k to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
MiC 96k features
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality.
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone.
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion.
- Studio quality microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain.
- No configuration, just plug in and record.
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment.
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring.
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording.
- Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for DSLR video.
- All metal construction.
- Extremely compact and portable.
- Works with GarageBand.
- Bus-powered by iPad, iPhone or Mac (no batteries or external power required).
- Made in the U.S.A.
The MiC 96k is now shipping worldwide, priced at $229 USD.
More information: Apogee Electronics / MiC 96k
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014
IK Multimedia has announced iRing, the first motion-tracking controller for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch music apps and more.
Now musicians, gamers, and more can trigger sounds and control effects and other parameters of their favorite apps, in real time, using hand position, freeing them from touching the screen!
iRing utilizes a wearable ring with identifiable markers, the mobile device’s front-facing camera, and advanced computer vision with highly-optimized recognition algorithms built-in to an app, to determine the precise positioning of the ring markers. The device camera picks up the positioning of the ring patterns and the apps convert that information into music commands for dedicated app or MIDI information, which any compatible music app can read. This means that a user can now operate up to six controllable music parameters in their preferred music apps with one or two hands gestures.
iRing includes two identical double-sided ring controllers, plus two free apps for music applications, which target everyone from music lovers to DJs to seasoned musicians: iRing Music Maker and iRing FX/Controller.
- Ring controller, in tandem with either of two included apps featuring advanced motion-tracking technology, allows remote control of iOS app and app parameters using hand gestures.
- Great for musicians and non-musicians alike.
- Includes two identical, two-pattern reversible rings, allowing for numerous control combinations and the control up to 6 effect parameters simultaneously with two hands.
- Rings are unique looking, light, comfortable and provide a universal fit.
- Included iRing Music Maker app allows novices to make music using hand gestures.
- Included iRing FX/Controller app lets musicians and DJs create custom MIDI control setups, plus add and control audio effects when used together with other music apps via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus.
iRing will cost $24.99 USD/19.99 EUR (exc. taxes), and will be available in Q1 2014 in three colors (white, green and silver). Pre-orders are already available on the IK Multimedia online store and selected stores. iRing FX/Controller and iRing Music Maker apps will be available as free downloads from the App Store.
More information: IK Multimedia / iRing