Les Productions Zvon has announced the release of Baby Piano, a virtual toy piano instrument for Windows.
Jason Washburn contacted me and sent me a beta version of this VSTi he made with the Maize Sampler and he offered me to distribute it. After some tweaks, we are happy to release the version 1.
He used the natural samples of my Baby Piano free sample set. This means that the Baby Piano VST corresponds to the “Real white keys” program of the free set, the real acoustic Baby Piano mapped from G3 to F5 only on white keys. The pitch heard does not match the key pressed except for G3 and it has velocity layers.
Baby Piano for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost.
More information: Les Productions Zvon
Les Productions Zvon has launched Zvon’s Summer 2011 bundles, a limited time offer to save between 50% and 70% on its sample libraries.
Our biggest sale ever, the summer 2011 bundles. They will be available until August 10, 2011.
With the Big bundle, you get the 10 following sample sets for only $36.25 us, a saving of 70% over buying them individually: Chromatic Hits, Prepared Rhodes, Sidekick electronic percussions, Out There, Baby Piano and Baby Bells toy piano, IYTTIW modified trumpet, MC3A electronic keyboard, Memory Collection (sounds from old movies), the 3 Julie Vocal collections, Julie Resynth.
There’s also the Small bundle with the 6 following sample sets for only $23.95 us, a saving of 60% over buying them individually: Baby Piano and Baby Bells toy piano, IYTTIW modified trumpet, MC3A electronic keyboard, Memory Collection (sounds from old movies), the 3 Julie Vocal collections, Julie Resynth.
You can also create your own bundle. Choose at least 3 sample sets, from our Products Page and email me. You will receive a 50% discount on the bundle you created!
More information: Les Productions Zvon
Les Productions Zvon has released Reed Organs, a sample library featuring the sounds of various reed chord organs.
I bought all these organs at a local flea market and all had seen better days. But that’s part of their charm!
Reed Organs features
- 4 different Reed Chord Organs: Bontempi B3, Magnus 360, MicrOrgan and Supertone. The last 2 are rare models.
- Recorded with different microphones (except the Bontempi). Relative levels of the notes are preserved.
- 477 looped samples for a size of 316 MB.
- Available in Kontakt 3.5, Kontakt 4 and sfz formats. Kontakt versions have 72 instruments and multis made with the original samples and 26 instruments using the tone or time machine engines, custom skins and scripts (2 scripts for K4 and 1 for K3.5). Also the Kontakt versions include instruments with original tuning of the instruments and retuned instruments. The sfz version has 27 definition files.
- All the notes have been carefully denoised to limit the noise while keeping the original sound. The noise was sampled as well so it can added again. The chords have not been denoised.
Reed Organs is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Les Productions Zvon / Reed Organs
Les Productions Zvon has announced the release of a Kontakt 3.5 version of IYTTIW (If You Think This Is Weird), a sample library based on trumpet samples.
It’s much more than a straight conversion of the previous version as in addition to the 41 basic programs, there are 21 multis and 50 instruments made with the Tone and Time machines.
These stretched instruments usually have longer durations than the basic samples, 14 of them with sustain. They greatly expand the sound palette possibilities of the set.
IYTTIW is available to purchase for $5.99 USD. The updated set is free for IYTTIW users. Until 15 February 2011, every purchase of the IYTTIW set comes with a free copy of the MC3A electronic keyboard sample set.
More information: Les Productions Zvon / IYTTIW
Les Productions Zvon has released Bonus Pack 01, a sample library that comes free with the purchase of any Les Productions Zvon product.
The Bonus Packs are sample sets that are given for free with purchases of my regular sample sets. They contain some odd sounds, all original samples released as bonuses because either they’re too small to release as a regular sample set or due to lack of time to fully develop them.
Bonus Pack 01 features
- Black Swan bell: A small handbell recorded and processed through a Nintendo DSi, guaranteed LoFi! 44 samples (7.85 MB).
- Cheap Bells: Two handbells bought at a dollar store for the Holidays. Contrary to the Black Swan bell, it’s the bells that are cheap not the recordings. Includes single hits and hand ringings. Only the 4 samples with stretch in their name are processed. 25 samples (6.67 MB).
- Honks: Samples made with 2 different vehicle horns, 17 honks with or without the sound of the air pump release and 3 “air” samples. The air pump release can easily be trimmed if you don’t want it, as I did with Honk 14 that has the 2 versions. These samples were a popular giveaway for the New Year 2011 but now also contain some K3 mappings and processing including random pitch variations and 4 melodic Honks. 21 samples (1.15 MB).
- Spindle Chair: Collection of samples made by hitting the spindles of a wooden chair with a drum stick. Was recorded simultaneously in stereo and mono with 2 different recorders. Thus both sets of samples sound different. There are 19 patterns and 16 single hits, the hits are NOT extracted from the patterns. K3 mapping of the single hits has the Harp Glissando script in the performance view. The patterns are not mapped. 73 samples (5.59 MB).
The Bonus Pack 01 is available in wave, sfz and Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or better formats. A free demo can be found on the Les Productions Zvon website.
More information: Les Productions Zvon / Bonus Pack 01
Les Productions Zvon has announced the release of MC3A, a downloadable sample pack.
The MC-3A electronic keyboard is a digital square wave instrument. I don’t know exactly how old it is but my guess is that it’s roughly 20 years old. It has 12 chromatic sounds.
There’s a vibrato button that has no settings, it’s either on or off. I’ve sampled the sounds with and without vibrato. Additionally, it has rhythm styles, a bass and 5 percussion sounds: kick, conga, snare, cymbal and hi-hat.
The bass and percussions are included in the set but not the rhythm styles (at least for now). All these do not sound like the acoustic instruments they’re named after but more like the Sid chip, 80′s and early 90′s video games. Very good retro sounds for chip music (or chiptune).
- Samples were recorded through the keyboard’s line out at 24 bit/44.1 khz and then converted to 16 bits.
- All the notes are sampled for the sounds without sustain (piano, guitar, harpsichord, cowbell, bass), the others have 4 notes per octave.
- Available in wave, sfz and Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 (or higher) formats.
The MC3A sample set is available to purchase as a download for $5.55 USD (includes all formats).
More information: Les Productions Zvon / MC3A
Les Productions Zvon has released My Music Maker, a free sample pack featuring the sounds of a toy keyboard.
Here’s a sample set of the My Music Maker toy electronic keyboard. The formats included are wav files, soundfont, sfz and Kontakt 3.5 or better.
I’ve extended the mapping from C1 to C7 but the range of the original samples is from C4 to A#5. Please note that all the original notes are all flat by an average of 30 cents and I have not retuned the samples to keep the original character of the toy keyboard.
The My Music Maker sample set is available as a free download.
More information: Les Productions Zvon / My Music Maker
Les Productions Zvon has released Memory Collection sample pack 01, the follow up of the previously released Halloween and Holidays packs 2009.
The samples in this collection are taken from Public Domain movies, TV shows and TV ads. I chose the name Memory Collection because by definition works in the Public Domain are from the past, a past often not very distant but sadly also often forgotten or ignored. This collection brings back some of the sounds from the past.
These movies are usually old and the sound quality is often not great and they’re noisy too. The samples include voice/spoken word/dialogs, sfx, music and other stuff. Many of them can be further divided so you can have some fun yourself ;-).
The Memory Collection sample pack includes 375 samples and consists of two parts:
- Free Pack (88 samples, 27.3 MB) and Mini MC1, available to download at no cost.
- MC Pack 01 (287 samples, 157 MB), available to purchase for a donation (minimum $3.33 USD).
More information: Les Productions Zvon / Memory Collection