Goldbaby Productions has released SP-1200 Vol 1, a sample library featuring drum sounds sampled on the E-mu SP-1200 and SP-12.
What do 12 bit drum samples sound like when put through an analogue filter. If you have a SP-1200 or SP-12 then you already know the answer. Some would say dirty and warm, some also say it sounds like old vinyl…
The SP-1200 is a legendary drum sampler. Used by many artist from Roni Size to Daft Punk. Hip Hop legends Pete rock and J Dilla were also notible users.
SP-1200 Vol 1 features
- 1088 x 24 bit one shot drum samples.
- Sampled sounds include: 808, 909, 606 and LM1, real drums plus some vinyl hits.
- A selection of groove templates as midi files.
- GURU version includes 12 x Bundles (+ patterns) and 12 x Kits.
SP-1200 Vol 1 is available now starting at $19 USD for the Wav Pack. The GURU version is $24 USD and other formats will be available soon.
Visit Goldbaby Productions for more information and audio demos.
SoundJump has released VDM Complete, a collection of drum machine sounds.
This amazing collection of vintage drum machines was painstakingly created from the original drum machines and offers the “closest thing to the real thing” type of sound. Additionally, the sounds were modified with distortion algorithms, vintage reverb and transient enhancements to offer an even wider sonic palette.
VDM Complete features
- Sampler Collection includes .wav files (1,448 Samples) and preset files for the following soft samplers: Apple Logic EXS24, Digidesign Structure (All Versions), NI Battery, NI Kontakt.
- Samples are in neatly organized folders for you to browse and load into any software or hardware device that uses the standard .wav format such as Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Akai MPC, Roland MV etc…
- The collection contains the following vintage drum machine emulations: 808, 909, 707, 727, DMX, Drumtraks, Drumulator, Linn9000, MXR, SDSV, SK-1, Rhythm Ace.
- Includes a self contained Reason ReFill featuring slick Combinator Redrum and NN-XT patches with “eye-candy” graphics that are reminiscent of the originals.
- 125 superb blank Reason Combinator skins are included for you to use and customize your Reason rack.
VDM Complete is available now for an introductory price of $39.95 USD. A demo ReFill is available for download here.
Visit SoundJump for more information and audio demos.
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in reviews
on Sep 02, 2008
Goldbaby Productions has released yet another collection of classic drum machine samples: Tape Drum Machines Vol 2.
The follow up to Tape Machines Vol 1. More classic drum machines given some tape love!
Tape Machines Vol 2 features
- 10 Drum Machines: Linn Drum, CR-78, TR-626, DDR-30, Bohm, DR-55, RPM-40, RX-5, KPR-77 and the Synsonics Pro.
- 3 Tape Machines: Ampex valve 1/2 inch 2 track, Otari MX5050 1/4 inch 2 track, and the Hitachi 3 head Cassette deck.
- 1838 x 24 Bit drum samples.
- Bonus: 36 x CR-78 Rex beats.
Tape Drum Machines Vol 2 is available as a wav pack for $24 USD, and for GURU and Battery 3 for $29 USD each.
So what do I think?
Sometimes less is more, but not so with Goldbaby’s sample libraries. Even if you have more drum samples than you’ll ever use, there’s always room for some extra Goldbaby goodness.
My favorites in this collection are the Bohm and Suzuki RPM-40 machines. The Bohm (the notes in the logo suggest it’s actually Böhm, which is quite likely since it’s a German machine) does some really raw and nasty stuff, while the RPM-40 has such a lovely lo-fi sound.
Go check out the sound demos on the Tape Drum Machines Vol 2 page and get your wallet ready, cause there’s a good chance you’re going to want these right away!
More information: Goldbaby Productions / Tape Drum Machines Vol 2
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
, Sequential Circuits
Posted in news
on May 26, 2008
Goldbaby Productions has released Tape Drum Machine Vol 1, a collection of drum machine sounds recorded on various tape machines.
What do you get if you take 10 drum machines, 4 tape machines and a whole lot of love… 1481 x 24 Bit drum samples… a truly oustanding collection of drum machine sounds infused with the vibe of tape.
Tape Drum Machines Vol 1
- Drum machines: Linn LM-1, MBase01, Roland TR-505, Boss DR110, Sequential Tom, 4 In The Floor, Yamaha MR-10, MRX-185, Emu Drumulator and MPC The Kit.
- Tape machines used: Ampex valve 1/2 inch 2 track, Otari MX5050 1/4 inch 2 track, Teac A-350 Cassette Deck and the Hitachi 3 head Cassette deck.
- Bonus set of Rom based TR-808 sounds also recorded on tape.
Tape Drum Machines Vol 1 is available as a wav pack for $24 USD, and a GURU featuring 12 bundles (including some patterns) and 12 kits costs $29 USD. Battery and ReFill versions are coming soon.
Goldbaby has also released a free sample pack to celebrate the release of Tape Drum Machines Vol 1.
TheTapeVermonaDRM contains 142 x 24 bit samples of the Vermona DRM, recorded on an Otari MX5050 1/4 inch tape machine. The original drum hits are included as well.
Each drum sound has been recorded multiple times for use in Round Robin Layering. This can help recreate the analog feel of the machine.
Visit Goldbaby Productions for more information, audio demos and a link to download TheTapeVermonaDRM.