Puremagnetik has announced the release of Hyperbent, a collection of circuit bent sounds for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic.
Hyperbent includes over 80 circuit bent and electronics hacked instrument programs, over 200 clips, over 500 individual multisamples.
This bundle melds together Puremagnetik’s celebrated line of circuit bent, grit-driven, black hat instruments into one bag of tricks.
- Artifact – A library of sound palettes created from digital anomalies and malfunctions. It includes 6 kits and a collection of looped clips.
- Hackshop – A versatile collection of sampled blips, beeps, bumps and squeals from the circuit bent arsenal of TVS.
- Bender – Over 100 phrases of looped madness, 5 percussive kit menus and various other squelching, squealing sonic elements guaranteed to satisfy the destructive streak in any producer.
- Skatik – A collection of instruments, sound effects, percussion kits and looped digital freak-outs sourced from a heavily circuit bent Casio SK-5.
- Voltbox – 10 unique and playful Instrument Racks featuring the chaotic tones of several circuit bent toys.
- Realistik – 24 advanced Instrument Racks based on the sounds of a heavily circuit bent Realistic Concertmate 360 keyboard.
The collection is available for the introductory price of $9.99 USD until May 18th, 2014 (regular $59 USD).
More information: Puremagnetik / Hyperbent
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.4 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac.
We’re happy to announce the immediate availability of 32 Lives free update version 1.0.4!
This update includes numerous fixes and improvements and is recommended for all users.
Changes in 32 Lives v1.0.4
- General bug fixes
- Fixed problem with plugins which have several version available simultaneously.
- Fixed crash with URS plug-ins when writing automation.
- Fixed Destroy FX Buffer Override tempo sync not working.
- Fixed crash with IK Multimedia plug-ins in case the authorization wizard is left open for more than one minute.
- Fixed DAW hang caused by IK Multimedia’s authorization wizard window being hidden behind the DAW window; such hidden windows are now correctly brought forward.
- Fixed crash with Arturia Analog Factory in Live.
- Fixed most Pluggo validation crashes.
- Fixed Abbey Road plug-ins UI not being refreshed after loading a preset.
- Fixed some plug-ins failing to open due to component flags mismatches.
- Fixed resurrected plug-in crashing in case the original 32-bit plug-in has been removed. Instead, the plug-in just fails to open.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- GUI fixes and improvements
- Added support for multiple screens.
- Added support for plug-in windows resizing.
- Improved Digital Performer plug-in windows behavior – windows get “out of the way” when appropriate.
- Fixed plug-in windows sometimes detaching from frame.
- Fixed scenario where a plug-in window could be incorrectly hidden after clicking on it, in case a different application’s window overlaps with it.
- Fixed other applications’ invisible windows hiding plug-in windows.
- Resurrection fixes and impovements
- Enabled resurrection of Novation Automap and Longcat H3D.
- Installer automatically updates previously resurrected plug-ins – no need to manually re-resurrect after installation.
- Fixed 32 Lives manager crash when scanning components which do not contain Audio Units.
32 Lives is available for purchase for $99 USD.
Sound Radix has also announced the availability of Auto-Align, SurferEQ and Pi in VST3 format.
To all you VST3 users, we’re happy to present a cross-platform VST3 compatibility update to all our plug-ins! The VST3 version is fully backward compatible with the previous VST2 versions, so older saved projects will automatically load into a VST3 instance and vice versa if the new VST3 version is not present. The update is free and recommended for all users.
Also in this update are a fix to an Nvidia Pro Tools 11 crash and other improvements.
More information: Sound Radix / 32 Lives
Logic Pro X Themes has released EXS12, an EMU SP12 emulation for the EXS24 sampler in Logic Pro.
EXS-12 is a collaboration of an EXS24 GUI replacement in the EMU SP12 style – plus a set of presets which emulate the SP12.
The presets are carefully modelled and matched from samples using a combination of Logic plugins and the free Airwindows Density2 for the important saturation.
Logic Match EQ is an important component in capturing the frequency spectrum.
The theme is available for purchase for 10 EUR.
More information: Logic Pro X Themes
Puremagnetik has released Synbotik, a library of DK Synergy sounds for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic.
Synbotik brings the famous old-school, early digital flavor of the DK Synergy into this decade.
With only an estimated 100 units still functioning in the world, this is a rare piece of synthesizer history that has now been reprogrammed for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic. It even includes the legendary program cartridges inspired by Wendy Carlos.
Synbotik features features
- Raw “cartridge” programs based on the original Synergy sounds.
- Expertly crafted Ableton Live Racks with easy edit Macros.
- A selection of Ableton “Push Ready” Racked presets for sound design inspiration.
- A custom Kontakt KSP GUI that puts the original instrument’s functionality at your fingertips.
- Raw “cartridge” waveforms and “multi” programs for Apple Logic’s EXS sampler.
The library is available for purchase for $15 USD.
More information: Puremagnetik
James of Freemasons wrote in to share a tutorial on how to get NI Maschine and Akai MPC swings natively inside Logic Pro and Ableton Live.
Ever since the release of NI’s Maschine and more recently, the return of the Akai’s MPC range, beat production has taken a huge leap forward sonically and rhythmically. However, both of these machines use their own proprietary systems and protocols for swing quantise.
One of the biggest problems when using these inside DAW’s with your other VST’s and audio is that each has its own quantise system that is not (always) mirrored by the software, so quantising parts running alongside your chosen drum machine to the same swing has often been a case of guess work and time-consuming experimentation.
We always ran into this problem so decided to solve it, and after a few days of quite painstaking work, we have converted the swings from NI’s Maschine and Akai’s MPC into groove templates for Logic 9 / Logic X and Ableton live 8/9 (Maschine only, MPC grooves were already present).
We also created an instructional video showing how you can import these grooves into the applications and into your own Logic startup pages. We hope you enjoy using them as we do.
The groove templates are available to download here.
More information: Freemasons (Facebook)
Puremagnetik has introduced three new bundles in Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic formats.
An essential studio instruments collection allows you to put a quick band together with Puremagnetik’s most popular Packs. It includes:
- TrapKit – A vintage 1960′s Ludwig drum set recorded in a large reflective room with a vast array of microphones.
- PM Grand – A multi-sampled Yamaha Conservatory Grand Piano that includes a library of advanced instruments and looped clips in various styles.
- Guitar Racks 1 & 2 – Contains an assortment of expertly captured acoustic guitar chord menus, articulations and looped phrases.
- Upright – A beautifully recorded double bass instrument that comes packed with a multi-sample palette of articulations including plucked and traditional bow.
- Big Bertha – A custom built 6-string electric bass that has a classic, deep and funky tone.
The legendary analog synths of the 70s and 80s for Live, Kontakt and Logic. Analog Heroes contains 7 packs and 3 GB of sounds from the following products:
- Juniper 1 & 2 – A collection of expertly crafted instruments based on Roland’s legendary Jupiter series analog synthesizers.
- TeeBee – The ultimate sampled Roland TB-303 – perfect for heavy acid bass lines, squelchy resonant leads and other thick analog sounds.
- Phonik – The celebrated Roland Paraphonic-505 right to your desktop. It includes the famous Orchestral and Synth sections of this legendary machine.
- Synth 700 – A complete Korg 700, expertly recorded and programmed with all of the details and nuances of the original.
- String Machines – Classic 1970′s string programs from the Roland VP-330, Roland RS-09, ARP Solina String Ensemble and Crumar Orchestrator.
- SixVoice- Includes over 30 multisample patches from the legendary Korg PolySix synthesizer.
Puremagnetik’s Century Bundle includes everything currently in the Puremagnetik catalog (a $1200 value) and everything Puremagnetik releases for the next 100 years, straight to your inbox.
Studioband is available for $49 USD, Analog Heroes costs $79 USD, and the Century Bundle is $299 USD.
More information: Puremagnetik / Bundles
Nektar has announced the immediate release of a powerful integration of Apple Logic X with the advanced workflow of the Panorama range of products including Panorama P1, Panorama P4 and Panorama P6.
Apple Logic X users can now benefit from a transparent musical workflow similar to what Panorama already delivers for Cubase and Reason.
Designed to allow musicians and producers to focus on their music without constantly having to reach for their mouse, Panorama delivers creative freedom, previously not available to Logic users.
Nektar Panorama Logic integration features
- Multi-channel mixing of volume, pan, mute and solo in banks up to 8 channels at a time.
- Navigation using Track and Bank buttons.
- Motorized fader plus dedicated mute and solo buttons follows selected channel (P4 & P6 only).
- Complete transport control including ability to set and go to left and right locators, switch click on/off, record arm plus more.
- Channel strip control of EQ, Sends, Smart Controls and Insert plug-ins.
- Insert and Instrument plug-in control.
- Parameter feedback and menu selection options transparent via Panorama’s TFT display.
- The order of Plug-in parameters and Smart Controls is customizable via Logic plist files.
In addition, Logic users get the benefit of Panorama’s comprehensive generic MIDI controller capabilities as well as the unique QWERTY macro function that allows for up to 8 shortcut commands to be sent out at the push of just one Panorama button.
Panorama integration files are available to registered Panorama users from the Nektar website immediately.
More information: Nektar